Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we settle?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Will we settle?

First of all... I'm proud of the Vikings! Hell of a season. I will also start by saying that I will be taking down my FireSpielman campaign. Rick Spielman had the best draft in the NFL this year. John Carlson was a whiff but I understand the envy of the Patriots system. I envy it too! But you can't replicate Aaron Hernandez. At the same time Jerome Felton was the biggest impact FA signing in the NFL this year. Bravo A+ job. Your owner is happy and most of your fans are happy. But will he settle? Will he ignore our complete lack of receivers? Will he ignore Percy Harvin and allow a cancer to get worse in our locker room? Will he pull the plug on Ponder if the development doesn't improve next year? I'm scared shitless of a decade of mediocrity like they have in Cincinnati. 10 years with a good defense and not a single playoff win to show for it. Mediocrity isn't good enough for me.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

30whales is offline Training Camp
    Agree he had a great draft but I think the Colts had to have had the best draft.

Will we settle?

Yep colts have some very good young players
    Just need some weapons for Luck
    None

Blog Entries
    Not going to argue with that. I'm from Indianapolis. Saw it firsthand. But it's definitely debatable. At the very least a top 3 class. I'm praying for Greg Jennings. But I predict we resign a bunch of guys (hopefully Percy included) and bank on another good draft. There won't be a Dwayne Bowe type move. No way. He will play it safe and tie our sails to Ponder for better or for worse. We'll probably draft some receivers but that's it.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    If he settles, he should expect some huge backlash from the fan base. This WR group absolutely sucks. Harvin missed the last what, 6-7 games and he was still the leader of yards on this team? That is pathetic.

Now get this, Ponder in 27 games has only 5 more TD's than Wilson of the Seahawks has in his rookie year. He also has 15 more INT's than Wilson and while Ponder's career rating is 77.1 Wilson's so far is at 100. Sometimes you just don't need stats to show that a player just doesn't have it.

While I have been trying to let that loss go from last night, I just can't. I will not fault Ponder on that loss, because simply the pussy didn't play. Which has gotten me thinking. Does anyone really think that Favre, Rodgers, Marino, Brady, Manning, Brees, or any other QB will true desire for the game would have missed a playoff start like that? Favre was the iron man of NFL QB's. That guy played with high ankle sprains, broken fingers on his throwing hand, bruised elbow's, cracked ribs, you name it he played with it.

Aikman and Marino played with concussions, Brady played with a sprained throwing shoulder. The fact that I am trying to get to here is that if Ponder was truly a leader, he would have played last night. The fact that he didn't just shows me that he is a pussy that doesn't have any heart. Most QB's would salivate at playing in the playoffs, yet this bum takes the night off.

So while many of you have your opinions on Ponder, that is perfectly fine and I respect your opinions on him. My opinion is that he is a fucking wimp that can't handle the everyday pains of playing a physical contact sport that he signed up to play. Needless to say, I will never be seen in a Christian Ponder jersey, and I hope like hell the Vikings go in a different direction to a more durable and driven QB.

All I got in my head is Byron Leftwich being carried by his teammates to the ball because he couldn't walk because of injury, yet a "franchise' QB takes the night off because he can't handle the pain. The dude doesn't have much velocity anyways, so that can't be used as an excuse.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Not going to argue with that. I'm from Indianapolis. Saw it firsthand. But it's definitely debatable. At the very least a top 3 class. I'm praying for Greg Jennings. But I predict we resign a bunch of guys (hopefully Percy included) and bank on another good draft. There won't be a Dwayne Bowe type move. No way. He will play it safe and tie our sails to Ponder for better or for worse. We'll probably draft some receivers but that's it.
    We need a QB change pronto. I don't beleive Ponder will ever be anything better than a backup. We had the last passing offense for a reason. Dead last! This offseason should show you that the teams that are left standing all are getting exceptional QB play and have invested properly into the QB position. Until we get that right we will always be a mediocre team.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We need a QB change pronto. I don't beleive Ponder will ever be anything better than a backup. We had the last passing offense for a reason. Dead last! This offseason should show you that the teams that are left standing all are getting exceptional QB play and have invested properly into the QB position. Until we get that right we will always be a mediocre team.
    +1

Blog Entries
    I agree with you brothers! Although I'm predicting the total opposite. Wilfs are already happy so why put his ass on the line? He won't. We will resign Felton and draft a receiver semi early. Maybe BPA in the 1st and the best receiver left at our 2nd round pick. Spielman is predictable. Just watch.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Ponder played better the last 4 games of the season, and had a few good games at the start of the season. That's not consistent enough. Peterson and D carried us into postseason. We must seriously address QB situation this offseason.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We need Johnny Football.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast