Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Will we score more than 20 points this weekend?

The Lions have serious problems on defense.

The "inspired" Lions played the Rams last week and the inspiration could not stop the Rams in the fourth quarter.

The Vikings will score more than 20.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Will we score more than 20 points this weekend?

Yes. I think we will score over 20 points Sunday. Not only are the fans getting restless for more offensive production, but I think Childress, BJ and the entire offensive team are also. We've gone up against some pretty stiff defensive minded teams the last four games. I think we are going to see better production this week and have a decisive win under our belts for the bye.
    Wouldn't it me much nicer to see our D play with a 10 point lead, instead of a 3 or 6 point lead?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Yes. I think we will score over 20 points Sunday. Not only are the fans getting restless for more offensive production, but I think Childress, BJ and the entire offensive team are also. We've gone up against some pretty stiff defensive minded teams the last four games. I think we are going to see better production this week and have a decisive win under our belts for the bye.
    Wouldn't it me much nicer to see our D play with a 10 point lead, instead of a 3 or 6 point lead?
    Hell yeah.

If we don't step up our offensive production and somehow lose in another tight one I think there is a chance that we might see some kind of change to our existing offensive philosophy and/or personnel over the bye week because the natives are getting restless. Personally, I say we stay course no matter what the results of the game are (with the exception of a Lions blowout of course). Things will come together as planned, it's just a matter of time.
    Even babies know the difference.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

We HAVE to detroit has the 30th ranked defense if we cant rack up 20 points then i am ready to give up on this offense.Also look for twill to get his first td of the season

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Hell yeah.

If we don't step up our offensive production and somehow lose in another tight one I think there is a chance that we might see some kind of change to our existing offensive philosophy and/or personnel over the bye week because the natives are getting restless. Personally, I say we stay course no matter what the results of the game are (with the exception of a Lions blowout of course). Things will come together as planned, it's just a matter of time.
    I don't care how much people are overlooking the Kitties, they have Martz who will try to light it up if he has to.
    I wouldn't be surprised if him and all the other teams are saying, were are going to take deep strikes to get 2 tds because they can't catch up. it is like a punt anyways if it is INT'd.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I've come to the conclusion that every game we play this year will be tight, win or lose, regardless of whom we're playing.
    Our offense is a ball control offense, geared toward 8 minute drives.
    No matter who we're playing our possessions will be limited.
    If there's a defensive score, or somehow we break a big (scoring) play against their week defense it COULD be a double digit victory.
    Otherwise we'll have a lot of field goals.

I don't see us blowing anyone out this year.
    I hope I'm wrong.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Del Rio Guest

I'm more worried about holding the Lions to less then 20 then I am scoring 20. They one of the hottest WR's in the game so far this season. Kitna has gone down something like 14 times for sacks, and if our line doesn't make him eat ground all day then I can see some potential for disaster.

The Lions offense did their job last week.
    The offense looked good and Kitna was making quality passes. Furrey (an ex-Ram) had his best day as a receiver.

The Rams secondary is a weak spot for their team.
    I think the Vikings have a better secondary.

I was impressed with the Lions effort, but the Lion defense was so weak that they gave the Rams a "breakout offensive day".

Prophet Guest

"BrooksBollingerForQB" wrote:
    Twenty Points can be done, but we have to force turnovers. Last face it last year when Brad had his best games he had a short field. Nearly all his td passes came when we gave him the ball on the opponents side of the 50. Personnally though this offense needs a change. And although it may not be brad johnson's fault on the offenses perfomances, its alot easier to change one player than those around him which is why if our offense continues to play bad, its time to give brooks bollinger a shot. He should know Childress's offense well enough after playing for him in collegeand now the pros.
    Congratulations.
    You are the first person I've seen giving the Bolliinger chants since he has joined the Vikings' squad.
    We have had a few Tarvaris chants coming out of the woodwork on the site.
    Are you a new member or a member that re-registered with the Bollinger name?
    Hmmm, who would do that...?
    Either way, I just wanted to congratulate you for being the first member of the site to be chanting for Bollinger to replace BJ.

Personally, I'm more worried about this game than any game so far this year.
    This is the first time that the Vikings are playing a team that is recognized by most as being a lower tier team.
    Chicago and Seattle held them to 7 and 6 pts, respectively.
    They racked up some points in their Ls to the Packers and Rams.
    All hell will break loose if the Vikings lose this game.
    I'm not expecting a loss, but if it does happen there will be all kinds of bowling fans surfacing and spewing their expertise between frames.

Does the offense need to be more productive?
    I can't imagine anyone saying no.
    Are we enlightening the Vikings' team and coaches by posting this?
    Some may think so.
    Is Bollinger the answer to the woes?
    I would say no.
    Keep the crow in the freezer, I don't plan on eating any from saying this.

TRAMBIA is offline Waterboy

they better play better than they did last week or we will lose for sure. and our secondary give up to many big passes, if our d line doesnt get heavy pressure expect a long day again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast