Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CanuckVike is offline Starter

Will we fall asleep again?

It just dawned on me. It was last season at this time when we were 6-0 and thought everything was coming up roses, that we went on a 4 game slide. Remember, it was in that Broncos game at home where things just started slip ever so slightly. Then when the G-Men came to town, and they sucker-punched us 29-17! Well here we are again, this time we're
    5-1 and the Gang from Gotham is in town again! And instead of Daunte being on the mend...it's Randy who is dinged up! Anyone else feel a "cool" breeze blowing or is this season going to be different? This seems to be the time in the season when a lot of teams tend to fall asleep at the wheel a bit...or am I just paranoid?
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

You're just paranoid!

Well...we'll see...but my right palm is itching, my lumbego is acting up and there's been a hoot owl by my house all day...maybe it means nothing...or maybe it just means I need a bath, a prescription of Robaxacet Extra Strength and wildlife control officer!!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Will we fall asleep again?

"CanuckVike" wrote:
    It just dawned on me. It was last season at this time when we were 6-0 and thought everything was coming up roses, that we went on a 4 game slide. Remember, it was in that Broncos game at home where things just started slip ever so slightly. Then when the G-Men came to town, and they sucker-punched us 29-17! Well here we are again, this time we're
    5-1 and the Gang from Gotham is in town again! And instead of Daunte being on the mend...it's Randy who is dinged up! Anyone else feel a "cool" breeze blowing or is this season going to be different? This seems to be the time in the season when a lot of teams tend to fall asleep at the wheel a bit...or am I just paranoid?
    Well I wouldn't be worried about the Vikes not being able to score on those midgets! :cheers:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

We are a different team this year, we win the games we are supposed to and we still will show up for the big ones. Dont think about last year....were going to whoop up on the GMen on Sunday!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Okay! okay! I'm brimming with confidence again!...I was just a little freaked out about the G-men coming to town on exactly the same week as they did last year! Thanks boys!...by the way Adubya...wasn't it you who was looking for hilites of this years Viking season? I'm going to do season hilite package just for fun. I'll send you a copy if you like! Cheers!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Man I hope so! But I think this year will be different or at least I hope so. This will be a big game just becauce the viks have to go to Indy the next week.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Remember last year when the Vikes were 6-0 Tice was saying "we're not a good team yet". Man was that prophetic!! He's a pretty level headed guy, and never had unrealistic expectations.

The other day Tice compared last years 6-0 to this years 5-1, and said "this year we have a good team". He talked about the differences, such as with Daunte, who has really matured, and how we now have a complementary receiver to Moss (Robinson).

More than that, we have more depth at running back, we have solid corners and depth at cornerback, some defensive players have matured (EJ Henderson, Raonall Smith), we had a nice draft of defensive players (Udeze, D. Thomas), our kicking game is now solid (last year the punter coudn't hold onto the ball, and we couldn't attempt a field goal over 40 yards, and even the shorter ones were shanked).

I've got to agree with Tice, we now have a good team. Now we just need a complete game, on both sides of the ball, against the Giants.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

The players do remember last season and that sick feeling of not making the play-offs. So with that in mind I do not think it will happen again, if it does Tice is gone.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The players do remember last season and that sick feeling of not making the play-offs. So with that in mind i do not think it will happen again, if it does Tice is gone.
    Agree big time with you on this, the players from last years team WILL Not forget that at this time we started going downhill. I think our players will be more then fired up to play and avenge the giants losss from last year which turned to be the turning point in our season last year and for the previous years defeat.

Third time at home is a charm, we win this game. no more taking the giants at home lightly like we have before.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast