Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Will We Ever Have Another Dominant Offense

Im not talking about a great passing offense and a crappy running game. Remember when we had great Offense and Defense?

MeMo and Bennett and Moe, and all of our other mediocre RBs just dont get the job done. On a great day, we may get 100 rushing yards.

Remember This Guy?

100 yard rushing games it seemed like every single game, yet we still had a great passing game too with Cris Carter.

I miss the old Vikings, and I really hope we can get a dominant RB for our offense to build around.

Whose with me?
    Retired 12/21/08

Prophet Guest

Re: Will We Ever Have Another Dominant Offense

I miss the older Vikings more, I would rather have the Purple People Eaters as the main attraction and a reasonable productive offense. I would love to see a feature RB on the team. I would rather see a decent O-line and a drone RB though if I had a choice.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

|| ||
    || ||
    || ||
    || ||
    \/ \/

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey Prophet, I'd have to agree with the dominent D and a chuggin' O with a great tough back or two, but even Injun' Joe Kapp would let er rip to Gene Washington every now and then.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

robert smith only looked good because we had the best o line, best offensive coordinator and best wr's and a great qb. he always had truck holes to run through. I dont miss this guy at all. ALl our runningbacks now are more physically gifted than this chump and once we get an oline it will show.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"napo58" wrote:
    robert smith only looked good because we had the best o line, best offensive coordinator and best wr's and a great qb. he always had truck holes to run through. I dont miss this guy at all. ALl our runningbacks now are more physically gifted than this chump and once we get an oline it will show.
    :roll: He had one of the highest YPC average in NFL history through out his career I have a hard time believing that this was soley because of the O line. He could make people miss and was decievingly fast. RS was a very very good RB in my opinion.

As for the offense being the way it was, I would like to see that again because it is more fun to watch games like that. But I would take close games, low scoring games where I Defense dominates anyday. It might not be as fun to watch these games but defense wins championships. Please tell me the last SB winner that had a D that was awful...it just doesnt happen. I think the vikings are moving towards having an average offense and excelling on the defensive side of the ball and that makes me really excited because it shows they truly are making steps towards becoming a more balanced team and are striving for that superbowl!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Its a new era in minnesota...I'll look back in 30 years and say...Now darren sharper was a FS....and Pat williams...well theres noone like him anymore. I'm sure all the vets miss the old vikes....but you gotta love what we got and just be patient. I think our D is gettin around to becoming a top 10 defense in the league (certainly playing like one as of late)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    || ||
    || ||
    || ||
    || ||
    \/ \/
    ukeright:
    :grin:

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Actually, I expect the high powered offense to be back next year, along with our O line, and Pep. 9 different starters on the O-line? Could be the problem. Next year, I think they will back to what they do.

I agree, I miss them too. maybe we'll get a steel in the upcoming drafts....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast