Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    I just want the win, and guarantee the playoff spot. How we match up, our pass d, none of that is on my mind right now. No one is close to the Saint offense, except ours, whom our d practice against.

    So this game will tell me nothing, except whether we go to the playoffs/win the NFCN.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The Cardinals (with or without Warner) are one of those teams that can reach out and snatch your ass.

    I for one want to see him play. If we can't beat them with Warner, we sure the hell ain't gonna beat the Ain'ts.
    You don't believe it's possible to lose to the Cardinals and learn a valuable lesson or two that helps us down the road when we play the Saints?

    I mean I realize they are different offenses, but still.
    Its got nothing to do with "Learning Lessons" and everything to do with "Matchups".

    As I told Z, if we can't stop that aerial attack we sure the hell aren't gonna match up well enough to stop the Ain'ts attack.
    I think you're wrong. Teams can and do make adjustments. It's part of the game.

    By your rationale if a team is getting burned in the 1st half by the pass then they have no shot at winning by switching things around in the second half because of "matchups".


    Notice how sometimes teams in the same division "split" the season series? Same match-ups my friend...different outcomes.

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Well maybe it might be looney to you, however, my rationale is that if Warner, Bolden and Fitz pick our D apart, the Ain'ts surely will with Brees and that recieving corps.
    I understand your rationale. But what happens on a Sunday in December isn't really all that relevant to what happens on a Sunday in January. The Cardinals of 2008 are a perfect example of that.

    =Z=
    I understand and agree. Problem for me is that we aren't in January yet. Current wolf closest to the sled that we can use to gauge how we "Should" perform in Jan is the game this weekend.

    I for one want to see how we matchup against Warner and company. Not Lienart and company. Better gauge.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    It would be nice to see a challenge for our defence with the attack that warner, boldin, and fitz bring. Does it have anything to do with how we will play in January? Heck yes it does! If we get bombed for 500 yards through the air, we will adjust and work on it. Will the result on sunday have anything to do with a result in January? Probably not.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The Cardinals (with or without Warner) are one of those teams that can reach out and snatch your ass.

    I for one want to see him play. If we can't beat them with Warner, we sure the hell ain't gonna beat the Ain'ts.
    You don't believe it's possible to lose to the Cardinals and learn a valuable lesson or two that helps us down the road when we play the Saints?

    I mean I realize they are different offenses, but still.
    Its got nothing to do with "Learning Lessons" and everything to do with "Matchups".

    As I told Z, if we can't stop that aerial attack we sure the hell aren't gonna match up well enough to stop the Ain'ts attack.
    I think you're wrong. Teams can and do make adjustments. It's part of the game.

    By your rationale if a team is getting burned in the 1st half by the pass then they have no shot at winning by switching things around in the second half because of "matchups".


    Notice how sometimes teams in the same division "split" the season series? Same match-ups my friend...different outcomes.
    Sure they can make adjustments, and sometimes you come out on top, however, those adjustments are limited by the talent on the field.

    If our secondary can't defend thier recievers, or our pass rush doesn't get to the QB, it won't be because we weren't making adjustments. It will be because we made adjustments and we still didn't match up well because of talent.

    Don't get me wrong, I am not worried about this game. We should light them up this weekend. I just want to see them doing it against thier best. Anything short of that and it won't be a good gauge to base what we matchup like against Bree's and company.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    I think we should be fine, with or without Warner we'll most likely win this game(knock on wood) and that's coming from me.

    If we disrupt at the line their receivers don't have the speed to get separation quickly enough for Leinart to get rid of the ball.

    If we can slow those guys down by half a second Leinart's gonna have a hard time getting the image of Jared Allen out of his head, and the grass stains out of his uniform.

  7. #17
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    655

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    I really like Warner and want him to play. I agree to be the best we have to beat the best, an old cliche but a true one.

    If we can't stick it to the Cards then the Saints are going to tear us up. Hurry back AW
    Purple till i die

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boise Idaho
    Posts
    1,023

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    I hope so, look what we did to him last year. We were in his face all game and he didn't handle that very well.

    I'm also very confident in our team, and if we beat them and kurt doesn't play then all those naysayers will have more to lean on.

    "vikings haven't played a tough team"
    "vikings get lucky"
    "vikings can only win if a team isn't at full strength"
    "vikings have the easiest schedule"

    Lets prove we really are the elite team we are and can run with the best.

  9. #19
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Well maybe it might be looney to you, however, my rationale is that if Warner, Bolden and Fitz pick our D apart, the Ain'ts surely will with Brees and that recieving corps.
    I understand your rationale. But what happens on a Sunday in December isn't really all that relevant to what happens on a Sunday in January. The Cardinals of 2008 are a perfect example of that.
    I understand and agree. Problem for me is that we aren't in January yet. Current wolf closest to the sled that we can use to gauge how we "Should" perform in Jan is the game this weekend.

    I for one want to see how we matchup against Warner and company. Not Lienart and company. Better gauge.
    Almost sounds like you'd rather play against Warner and lose a close one than play against Leinart and blow them out.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #20
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:Will Warner Play?

    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Well maybe it might be looney to you, however, my rationale is that if Warner, Bolden and Fitz pick our D apart, the Ain'ts surely will with Brees and that recieving corps.
    I understand your rationale. But what happens on a Sunday in December isn't really all that relevant to what happens on a Sunday in January. The Cardinals of 2008 are a perfect example of that.
    I understand and agree. Problem for me is that we aren't in January yet. Current wolf closest to the sled that we can use to gauge how we "Should" perform in Jan is the game this weekend.

    I for one want to see how we matchup against Warner and company. Not Lienart and company. Better gauge.
    Almost sounds like you'd rather play against Warner and lose a close one than play against Leinart and blow them out.

    =Z=
    I would rather win against Leinart. But I would rather see what we have here against Warner.

    I want the No. 1 seed and all that jazz ... and if we lose this game we might really be in bad shape for that ... but I think this is a great measuring stick for us (one I think we will pass Warner or not) and I want to see what we can do against the defending NFC Champs at full strength.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOL Warner is getting cut!!!
    By PhillyVikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 07:54 AM
  2. Warner out - Leinart in
    By cogitans in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 09:59 AM
  3. Warner out at least a month with AZ ...
    By mnjamie in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
  4. Warner
    By canadian_vikes_fan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 06:48 AM
  5. Warner to AZ
    By hailtocarter in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 06:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •