Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will VKG4LFE eat crow?

every play. 99 yards.
    We're bringing purple back.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

hahaha, settin' records all day long....wait why are we starting with our backs to the wall all the time?? haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    hahaha, settin' records all day long....wait why are we starting with our backs to the wall all the time?? haha
    because or D makes wicked goalline stands.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I want to win too, but if ADs production/touches diminishes because Favre I will be pissed. Because believe it or not, they stacked the box against AD with our other qbs and he still got his. Win, get AD his...those are the priorities.
    "Get AD his" is not a goal for the team.
    The team's goal is to win.
    If AD's come while doing that, great.
    If they don't, great.

The bottom line is WINS.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    because or D makes wicked goalline stands.
    Oh yeah I didn't even think about that! Let's hope teams don't get that far! haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I want to win too, but if ADs production/touches diminishes because Favre I will be pissed. Because believe it or not, they stacked the box against AD with our other qbs and he still got his. Win, get AD his...those are the priorities.
    "Get AD his" is not a goal for the team.
    The team's goal is to win.
    If AD's come while doing that, great.
    If they don't, great.

The bottom line is WINS.

=Z=
    Exactly. AP could run for no yards as long as win.
    We're bringing purple back.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I already told you what I think the risk is. We were a playoff team with an average QB. Now we may be a team who is held back by an old short-armed QB who throws INTs, plays out of the system, and makes us miss the playoffs.

Of course, we also may be a playoff team who is catapulted to the SB by better QB play. So no, we haven't lost picks, or money, but we have lost the certainty of average performance at the QB spot.
    Not necessarily. As I said (nee' predicted) earlier in this thread, Favre could look very mediocre for the first five games, which are all against teams that look fairly weak (exception--Green Bay, but we play them at home). Then he could completely tank the next three games (Baltimore, @ Pittsburgh, @ GB) and get himself benched in the bye week for Sage or Tarvaris. In other words, we could still have entirely average performance at the QB spot.
    If that scenario plays out, then it was a mistake, because we would have been better off starting Sage in week 1 instead of week 9.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"V" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I already told you what I think the risk is. We were a playoff team with an average QB. Now we may be a team who is held back by an old short-armed QB who throws INTs, plays out of the system, and makes us miss the playoffs.

Of course, we also may be a playoff team who is catapulted to the SB by better QB play. So no, we haven't lost picks, or money, but we have lost the certainty of average performance at the QB spot.
    Not necessarily. As I said (nee' predicted) earlier in this thread, Favre could look very mediocre for the first five games, which are all against teams that look fairly weak (exception--Green Bay, but we play them at home). Then he could completely tank the next three games (Baltimore, @ Pittsburgh, @ GB) and get himself benched in the bye week for Sage or Tarvaris. In other words, we could still have entirely average performance at the QB spot.
    If that scenario plays out, then it was a mistake, because we would have been better off starting Sage in week 1 instead of week 9.
    I'm not sure I'd say it was a mistake. You took a risk in hopes of greatness, but got mediocrity instead, which is what you had to begin with. I guess if it was a mistake, it would be in terms of the lost millions paid to Favre (which I'm sure will be made up in ticket and apparel sales).

It could only be a mistake if you could say, with some degree of certainty, that Sage would have actually played better in those first eight games.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

I'm not sure I'd say it was a mistake. You took a risk in hopes of greatness, but got mediocrity instead, which is what you had to begin with. I guess if it was a mistake, it would be in terms of the lost millions paid to Favre (which I'm sure will be made up in ticket and apparel sales).

It could only be a mistake if you could say, with some degree of certainty, that Sage would have actually played better in those first eight games.
    How the fuck do you consider 10-6 and the NFC North Crown "mediocre".
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

How the fuck do you consider 10-6 and the NFC North Crown "mediocre".
    It was a down year in the NFC North last year... pretty much everyone admits that. Hell, we had the first 0-16 team in our division (a team we barely beat), followed by an early playoff out.

I think Seifert even said it was a weak year in one of his blogs recently... but I can't seem to find it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast