Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Will Vikings waste Peterson's greatness?

"RK." wrote:
    We are just a WR and a few more games under the belt for Jackson to be a playoff team.
    I think the thing that is starting to make it happen for us is that the O line seems to finally be getting the complicated blocking assignments down.
    Also Chester Taylor is in a position to start having some big days with all the attention on AP.
    If we score early we can beat the cowboys.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos

We have a WR...his name is Sydney Rice....we just need to be able to get the ball his way more and let him make plays. He wasn't necessarily open on his first TD catch, but he made a play, he can jump, so lets throw the ball above his head and trust he will go get it. Moss certainly wasn't open all the time but we still threw his way, and he made plays. How can Rice make plays if he doesn't get the ball even thrown to him?

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well I'll agree that RB's can be one hit away froma career limiting hit or injury, but then any player at any position is the same.
    One minuter the media says the Vikes have no offensive identity or star player, next you know they're falling all over the kid. I assume this is their way of providing balance but trying to stir things about the supporting cast.. ho hum
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"davike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    We are just a WR and a few more games under the belt for Jackson to be a playoff team.
    I think the thing that is starting to make it happen for us is that the O line seems to finally be getting the complicated blocking assignments down.
    Also Chester Taylor is in a position to start having some big days with all the attention on AP.

We have a WR...his name is Sydney Rice....we just need to be able to get the ball his way more and let him make plays. He wasn't necessarily open on his first TD catch, but he made a play, he can jump, so lets throw the ball above his head and trust he will go get it. Moss certainly wasn't open all the time but we still threw his way, and he made plays. How can Rice make plays if he doesn't get the ball even thrown to him?
    Nice post Davike.

Actually, we have almost all the pieces.
    They just need to keep getting the reps.

TJ, Rice, T-will, B-wade, Shank, Allison, AD, Griff, McCauley, Robison, Greenway, next years draft prospects together with some very good vets being resigned by this staff and you have a very good start when it comes to putting a good team together IMHO.

Can you imagine what this team will be like by the end of the year and for years to come or am I just being a bit to optimistic again.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

Nice post Davike.

TJ, Rice, T-will, B-wade, Shank, Allison, AD, Griff, McCauley, Robison, Greenway, next years draft prospects together with some very good vets being resigned by this staff and you have a very good start when it comes to putting a good team together IMHO.

Can you imagine what this team will be like by the end of the year and for years to come or am I just being a bit to optimistic again.

;D
    Might be just a tad too optomistic at this point. We'll just have to see how the season shakes out. But when FA rolls around next year & we still have a piece or two of the puzzle missing, I sure as hell hope they go after those missing pieces in FA.

Players come & go, so you need to take advantage of that window of opportunity when you have it, which is when AD is still in his prime.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

Nice post Davike.

;D
    Might be just a tad too optomistic at this point. We'll just have to see how the season shakes out. But when FA rolls around next year & we still have a piece or two of the puzzle missing, I sure as hell hope they go after those missing pieces in FA.

Players come & go, so you need to take advantage of that window of opportunity when you have it, which is when AD is still in his prime.
    Couldn't agree more, however, AD, barring an unforseen injury, isn't even close to his prime yet.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

Nice post Davike.

;D

Couldn't agree more, however, AD, barring an unforseen injury, isn't even close to his prime yet.

;D
    Makes you grin like a Cheshire cat, doesn't it?
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12