Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Will Vikings QB Brett Favre fade again late in the season?

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    It was ME!

Rice has stepped up his game last year. He sucked last year, and if he was injured he shouldn't have been playing. Is Percy Harvin using the excuse of injury for not producing. No, he's producing anyways.
    What lingering injury has Harvin been playing with this year?
    sore vag
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    It was ME!

Rice has stepped up his game last year. He sucked last year, and if he was injured he shouldn't have been playing. Is Percy Harvin using the excuse of injury for not producing. No, he's producing anyways.
    What lingering injury has Harvin been playing with this year?
    sore vag
    lmao...that will get em' every time.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=Yfz01 link=topic=53513.msg1005282#msg1005282 date=1255558280]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=53513.msg1002543#msg1002543 date=1254751389]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53513.msg1002348#msg1002348 date=1254670006]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=53513.msg1002341#msg1002341 date=1254669506]
    [size=12pt]Favre still zings it, but velocity no big deal now[/size]

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2CS3AD9B371GG0
    Thanks for the read......

He was off-target for most of last Sunday's game against San Francisco, but the winning drive in the final minute was a vintage performance.
    Funny how the deep ball and accuracey throwing it has been glossed over because of his velocity.......
    That statement is flat out wrong.
    He was only off target about 4 or 5 throws last week.
    He must not have seen the drops in the game and figured since he was "only" 26 for 41 that he was "off target".
    Those 6 drops would have made him 32 for 41 with even more yardage.
    I am not making excuses for him but I am poiinting out the fact he wasn't as off target as this guy is trying to say.
    This is an old post but you seem to be forgetting that Favre had 4 passes bounce off of defenders hands.
    Doesn't look like a good statline if those got caught.
    And how many of those 4 hit a Viking first?
    None, even the one Berrian tipped that was intercepted was tipped before getting to Berrian by a defender.

Yet many here blamed Berrian, not Favre for that interception.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Yes i did blame Berrian for that pick and I still blame Berrian for that pick.
    Did it not hit Berrian's hands?
    I mean those TJ supporters keep saying that since the ball hit Schiancoe's hands last year against the Colts that it must have been the best pass ever.
    So for those of you that still claim this did the ball not hit Berrian in the hands and should he not have caught it?
    Keep reaching people.
    It only gets better.
    Favre has been nothing but superb so far this year.
    Yes he has made a couple of mistakes but please show me one QB that has been flawless.
    I only ask one.
    We don't see any of the people so high on QB ratings saying anything about that now do we?
    The guy has completed (without looking at stats) about 70% of his passes.
    What freaking more do you want?
    Oh wait, they are also scoring over 32 points per game.
    Is that enough?
    The ONLY thing you Favre bashers can hang onto except for to criticize any little thing is that he will fade later in the season.

I'll give you guys that for now.
    Everything else you guys preicted has been shot to shame.
    Get off of it for a while will ya?
    [/quote] Like an error in basefall, the NFL should keep stats on Catchable balls that the O player tipped into an INT. Giving them the bad stat and not the QB....Berrian would have had one in the plus colume for that tip and INT, NOT FARVE. Brett has been dam near flawless......Then again, I hate stats... :

But in my little book, Brett has one INT thrown this year to date......Not to shabby in my eyes..
    [/quote]

Okay so let's blame that one on Berrian.
    What about the 4 dropped passes by defenders in that game?
    Those should be errors from the defense, let's count those as INT's.
    I mean, they DID hit the defenders hands.

Or maybe Favre doesn't throw the most catchable pass?
    I mean, it has a super tight spiral that is hard to catch.
    Seriously Favre has played great this year and i'm excited for the results.
    We are all hoping he can continue to play good but he has made a few mistakes.
    I would easily take him over Tom Brady (who has f'ing sucked this year, even if the stats say otherwise)

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=53513.msg1005295#msg1005295 date=1255561332]

He was off-target for most of last Sunday's game against San Francisco, but the winning drive in the final minute was a vintage performance.
    Funny how the deep ball and accuracey throwing it has been glossed over because of his velocity.......
    He must not have seen the drops in the game and figured since he was "only" 26 for 41 that he was "off target".
    I am not making excuses for him but I am poiinting out the fact he wasn't as off target as this guy is trying to say.
    This is an old post but you seem to be forgetting that Favre had 4 passes bounce off of defenders hands.
    None, even the one Berrian tipped that was intercepted was tipped before getting to Berrian by a defender.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I mean those TJ supporters keep saying that since the ball hit Schiancoe's hands last year against the Colts that it must have been the best pass ever.
    So for those of you that still claim this did the ball not hit Berrian in the hands and should he not have caught it?
    Keep reaching people.
    It only gets better.
    Yes he has made a couple of mistakes but please show me one QB that has been flawless.
    I only ask one.
    We don't see any of the people so high on QB ratings saying anything about that now do we?
    Is that enough?
    The ONLY thing you Favre bashers can hang onto except for to criticize any little thing is that he will fade later in the season.

[/quote] Like an error in basefall, the NFL should keep stats on Catchable balls that the O player tipped into an INT. Giving them the bad stat and not the QB....Berrian would have had one in the plus colume for that tip and INT, NOT FARVE. Brett has been dam near flawless......Then again, I hate stats... :

But in my little book, Brett has one INT thrown this year to date......Not to shabby in my eyes..
    [/quote]

I would easily take him over Tom Brady (who has f'ing sucked this year, even if the stats say otherwise)
    [/quote]

Nice post but I am wondering what you are trying to say still.
    In one paragraph you say that 4 passes jumped off defenders hands.
    In the next you are saying he is playing great.
    Then you added an extra faulty pass.

No one is saying Favre has been perfect.
    But he has done well.
    He is a BIG reason why the Vikings are 5-0.
    He has handled the pressure well and added confidence and leadership to a team that needed it.

skolguy is offline Waterboy

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Yfz01 link=topic=53513.msg1005355#msg1005355 date=1255569675]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=53513.msg1005295#msg1005295 date=1255561332]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Keep reaching people.
    It only gets better.
    I only ask one.
    Is that enough?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice post but I am wondering what you are trying to say still.
    In one paragraph you say that 4 passes jumped off defenders hands.
    In the next you are saying he is playing great.
    Then you added an extra faulty pass.

No one is saying Favre has been perfect.
    But he has done well.
    He is a BIG reason why the Vikings are 5-0.
    He has handled the pressure well and added confidence and leadership to a team that needed it.
    [/quote]I agree I can't tell what side of the fence he is on. What four passes off the defenders hands? He was at %81 for the game until that last pass on 3rd down when they tried to get cute which was a bonehead move to call that play when we are trying to run the clockout

NOT A CHANCE. Here's why:

1) Childress and Favre have already come to the agreement that Favre does not have to play all 16 games if it's not in him, which will ensure that when he does play, he's 100%

2) We have a fantastic BACK-UP QB who can take over (atleast before the playoffs if we make it)

3) Favre knows this offense so much better than the Jet's offense, which allows him to focus on the opponents defense when they're preparing for the next weeks game.

4) This isn't Brett Favre and the Vikings......This is just the Vikings. We're a stronger team and others are stepping up to make plays that lessen the load on Favre (SilverFox). We have the chemistry that the Jets didn't have, which is helping our offensive rythem.

(1 & 3 were said in conference's by Favre)

Anyone that thinks otherwise probably didn't like the Favre trade to begin with, but are regretting taking that stance. Yes, Favre can fade, but he's in good health, with a good team, and is performing at 100% even with his badass blocks from time to time. As long as he doesn't get hurt (like any young quarterback can potentially be), he'll be fine.
    Sean Saunders

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:

1) Childress and Favre have already come to the agreement that Favre does not have to play all 16 games if it's not in him, which will ensure that when he does play, he's 100%

2) We have a fantastic BACK-UP QB who can take over (atleast before the playoffs if we make it)

3) Favre knows this offense so much better than the Jet's offense, which allows him to focus on the opponents defense when they're preparing for the next weeks game.

4) This isn't Brett Favre and the Vikings......This is just the Vikings. We're a stronger team and others are stepping up to make plays that lessen the load on Favre (SilverFox). We have the chemistry that the Jets didn't have, which is helping our offensive rythem.

Anyone that thinks otherwise probably didn't like the Favre trade to begin with, but are regretting taking that stance. Yes, Favre can fade, but he's in good health, with a good team, and is performing at 100% even with his badass blocks from time to time. As long as he doesn't get hurt (like any young quarterback can potentially be), he'll be fine.
    The risk is worth the reward is pretty much what you are saying there at the end.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    "CulpepperViking16" wrote:

The risk is worth the reward is pretty much what you are saying there at the end.
    Yes, definitely, but the true reward is the look on the Packers fans faces if he takes us to and wins a superbowl. I just think Brett Favre knows what he's doing despite the media controversy. He called out green Bay when Randy Moss was on the market...they didn't listen, and now they regret it. Favre knows Minnesota is his chance, and he wont want to take it for granted.
    Sean Saunders

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    ...Nice post but I am wondering what you are trying to say still...
    It appears that you appreciate posts that make absolutely no sense to you.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    ...Nice post but I am wondering what you are trying to say still...
    It appears that you appreciate posts that make absolutely no sense to you.
    LOL.
    I guess it was my way of trying to be civil.
    Actual some of his post did make sense.
    The first part of the post contradicts the other part at least in my point of view.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast