Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Keep dreaming. Without Favre we are 9-7 at best, missing the playoffs.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:

Without Favre, the Vikings were 10-6 in 2008. So - you think they will be worse than that?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:

Yes, that's why they won 10 games with Frerrote at the helm and a TJack chaser.

This is a solid team, every year it becomes stronger. The QB is questionable, but, one can only assume and hope that if they go into next season with TJack as the starter that he learned something last year and another year is under his belt. If I had anything to say about it TJack wouldn't have sniffed the starter position until around this time in his career. I have HUGE clouds of doubt around TJack as starter. I do have confidence in the FO pulling something together to make the team stronger, yet again, like they have done every single season since Childress et al. have taken the reigns.

Plus, it's really a two-team division. The Packers will play tough, the Bears have Cutler and Martz running their offense LMAO, and the Lions are, well, the Lions. All they have to do is make it to the real season and play a stretch of tough games. Damn near the whole team is coming back, it's not like the Saints who have ~50% of their team not under contract right now. The Vikings will be there with a competitive team, regardless of who the offensive field general is.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Without Favre, the Vikings were 10-6 in 2008. So - you think they will be worse than that?

=Z=
    Take a look at the schedules. Yes.

Prophet wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

This is a solid team, every year it becomes stronger. The QB is questionable, but, one can only assume and hope that if they go into next season with TJack as the starter that he learned something last year and another year is under his belt. If I had anything to say about it TJack wouldn't have sniffed the starter position until around this time in his career. I have HUGE clouds of doubt around TJack as starter. I do have confidence in the FO pulling something together to make the team stronger, yet again, like they have done every single season since Childress et al. have taken the reigns.

Plus, it's really a two-team division. The Packers will play tough, the Bears have Cutler and Martz running their offense LMAO, and the Lions are, well, the Lions. All they have to do is make it to the real season and play a stretch of tough games. Damn near the whole team is coming back, it's not like the Saints who have ~50% of their team not under contract right now. The Vikings will be there with a competitive team, regardless of who the offensive field general is.
    Usually I would agree but we play 8 out of 16 against playoff teams. Gus/TJ did not have that tough of a schedule. BTW TJ was 2-3 that year. You can count the Lions game if you want to.

Marrdro wrote:
    Bring on the Aints I say. If we wouldn't have given them the ball back so many times (in thier house) we would have whupped a little fleur-de-lis ass in the NFC Championship game. Why the hell would anyone think that we can't repeat that performance next year, minus the execution gaffs of course......

A nice ass whuppin of the champs would set the following schedule up nicely as we make our way to our first SB victory....

Home:
    Chicago - Martz will only help thier offense improve. He can't fix that aging defense. Hell, I don't think they can fix both of them in the offseason because of the ownership groups approach. WIN

Detroit - Still a year away, but I like what they are doing up there. I wouldn't be suprised to see us split with the Lions this year. WIN

Green Bay - Scary team. TJ gets the monkey off his back with his 3rd win in a row. WIN

Dallas - So sad to watch Jerry run this proud franchise into the ground as he tries to show the world he is a GM/Football man. WIN

New York Giants - Strife on the defensive side of the ball during the offseason will put this team into a position were they are trying to field a defense that can stop teams from scoring. WIN

Buffalo - Its Buffalo. WIN

Miami - Might be the first real test without Phat Pat clogging the middle. Add in how well thier QB play was towards the end of the year. Big day for Chad. LOSS

Arizona - Thier old dude retired. Thier young dude was a wasted pick. Our young Dude wins. WIN

Away:
    Chicago - Win

Detroit - LOSS

Green Bay - LOSS

Philadelphia - I'm not so sure whats gonna happen with the Iggles this year. They sure have some nice pieces and parts on that roster. Going on a limb here. WIN

Washington - Official rebuilding mindset starts. This team will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Vikes won't be one of them. WIN

New England - Chiller outcoaches the master. WIN

New York Jets - Another tough call. Not sure why, maybe the running game and loss of Phat Pat equates to a bad matchup on the road. LOSS

New Orleans - Player turnover. SB hangover. We outplayed them once. Players don't choke this time. WIN

12-4/11-5 is easily within reach. Bigger question is, what will the PUKERS do.
    I stopped reading when you said we lost to Detroit...

Actually I lied, I stopped reading when you said Chilly outcoaches Billichek.

Brazilian Rider wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    snip
    Actually I lied, I stopped reading when you said Chilly outcoaches Billichek.
    Lol. That is where I stopped.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Usually I would agree but we play 8 out of 16 against playoff teams. Gus/TJ did not have that tough of a schedule.
    As a general rule of thumb it's 10 Ws to make the playoffs. I always look at it as how do they get into the playoffs and then play the real season. If that means 16 Ws or 9 Ws in the regular season, I don't care. If it means that they string off some Ls in the beginning of the season and get their act together later, I don't care. On pp.o there many fanatics that panic with every loss, I look at it like life, you often learn more from your failures than your successess. Bottom-line is that if given a choice, I prefer a tough schedule over a cupcake schedule. Also, just because a team is a playoff caliber team the year before does not mean they are the following year.

One thing that I do know, this team is being built solidly. This isn't the bandaid Mike Tice era. This is a team that was built to consistently compete. A big part of Favre's success this year, and he knows it, is that he came to a team that was solid and missing a viable option at QB. He would not have came out of retirement if he didn't see a solid team that had the potential of winning.

That team is still there. I would be surprised if they do not make the playoffs in 2010, regardless of whether Favre is QBing or not. I hope Favre is leading the offensive charge, would make the road to the playoffs much easier.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Usually I would agree but we play 8 out of 16 against playoff teams. Gus/TJ did not have that tough of a schedule. BTW TJ was 2-3 that year. You can count the Lions game if you want to.
    Using a previous year's record to predict the strength of schedule for the upcoming season is flawed. Teams change. Veterans retire, new players have break out years, rookies make an impact, new coaches take the reigns, contracts will be screwy with the potential of an uncapped year, etc...

We won't know for sure if it is a tough schedule or not until late in the 2010 season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

We won't know for sure if it is a tough schedule or not until late in the 2010 season.
    Gonna have to disagree. It is a tough schedule. There is no denying that.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast