Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

fanofteam wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    Thursday night opener Vikes at Saints, no doubt.

Before we get ahead of ourselves with the MUCH TOUGHER 2010 schedule even if Favre does return the Vikes are going to have to improve a lot to go 12-4 again.

If Favres hangs it up and we have Tjack or Sage at QB prepare to miss the playoffs IMO
    They will have to play tough. The Pukers were swept by the Vikings this year, but, they finished the season with one less win in the regular season. Will be a great year, beginning with a reality check for the Saints in the Superdome.
    Yea I'm sure the Saints will be devastated if they lose next year. The victory party might not even be over by then, lol

As I said, if Favre doesn't come back the Vikes will be 9-8 at best next year. No Browns, Rams, Seahawks on the schedule

The Packers will most likley be better next year while the Vikes are getting older and have question marks with Williams and Favre returning as well as possibly losing CT.
    Every team gets older... the Vikings overall are a fairly young team, with a few veteran exceptions (like every team). Favre coing back is certainly the most important part of the puzzle for 2010 - the FA and draft class for QB is pathetic at best this year. Losing Pat wouldn't be as big of a deal - he already sits out about half of the snaps, especially on passing downs, and Kennedy has shown that he is more than servicable. Not to mention that the draft is loaded with good DTs this year. And CT is most likely gone, but that just means that AD needs to continue to mature as a RB, as he has the past 2 years.

Outside the QB position, the Vikings are in fairly good shape. We'll see what this offseason brings, but I have a feeling we will be threepeating as NFC North Champions.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

NodakPaul wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:

Before we get ahead of ourselves with the MUCH TOUGHER 2010 schedule even if Favre does return the Vikes are going to have to improve a lot to go 12-4 again.

If Favres hangs it up and we have Tjack or Sage at QB prepare to miss the playoffs IMO
    They will have to play tough. The Pukers were swept by the Vikings this year, but, they finished the season with one less win in the regular season. Will be a great year, beginning with a reality check for the Saints in the Superdome.
    Yea I'm sure the Saints will be devastated if they lose next year. The victory party might not even be over by then, lol

As I said, if Favre doesn't come back the Vikes will be 9-8 at best next year. No Browns, Rams, Seahawks on the schedule

The Packers will most likley be better next year while the Vikes are getting older and have question marks with Williams and Favre returning as well as possibly losing CT.
    Every team gets older... the Vikings overall are a fairly young team, with a few veteran exceptions (like every team). Favre coing back is certainly the most important part of the puzzle for 2010 - the FA and draft class for QB is pathetic at best this year. Losing Pat wouldn't be as big of a deal - he already sits out about half of the snaps, especially on passing downs, and Kennedy has shown that he is more than servicable. Not to mention that the draft is loaded with good DTs this year. And CT is most likely gone, but that just means that AD needs to continue to mature as a RB, as he has the past 2 years.

Outside the QB position, the Vikings are in fairly good shape. We'll see what this offseason brings, but I have a feeling we will be threepeating as NFC North Champions.
    With Ced likely out to start the season and coming off an injury, along with Antoin getting another year older, Corner will be a big issue next year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

fanofteam is offline Starter

Prophet wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:

I'm not worried, the team is in better shape than most regarding holes, well, except for the QB slot. I am not confident about that at all....I'm hoping that the hacks learned something and there is a plan. It will be a tight race with the Pukers next year and I am glad they have a supposedly tougher schedule. It is best to have a tough schedule and get into the real season prepared and ready for battle.

Looks to me like the Vikes have the tougher 2010 schedule as they play the same 14 game with these two being different.

GB at Atlanta San Fran at GB

MN at New orleans Arizona at MN

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We get the Patriots division. 4 easy wins. 6 more from the division makes 10. Then if we do play the Aints, thats another win. 11 should be enough for the division.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:
    We get the Patriots division. 4 easy wins. 6 more from the division makes 10. Then if we do play the Aints, thats another win. 11 should be enough for the division.

That should get comical post of the DECADE, lol

But speaking of easy schedules look at the Saints in 2010, it's very similiar to the Vikes 2009 out of division/conferance

Home
    Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    St. Louis Rams
    Seattle Seahawks
    Minnesota Vikings
    Cleveland Browns
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Away
    Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Arizona Cardinals
    San Francisco 49ers
    Dallas Cowboys
    Baltimore Ravens
    Cincinnati Bengals

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

they wudnt set the saints up like that. all the beginning games where gimmes

SharperImage wrote:
    they wudnt set the saints up like that. all the beginning games where gimmes

What do you mean ? That schedule is right off the Saints website.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2010/1/2010%20Saints%20Opponents%20Determined.aspx

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

fanofteam wrote:

+1 8 out of 16 against playoff teams is tough even for Favre.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That would work for me, especially if the league wants to offer us up as fodder for the TV. '99 started the season in Atlanta and beat the NFC champion Falcons. More recently started in Green Bay when they had the re-dedication party for the 'new' Lameblow and buggered that little party up.
    So the idea of going to NO and messing up their little shindig works well for me :laugh: :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Bring on the Aints I say. If we wouldn't have given them the ball back so many times (in thier house) we would have whupped a little fleur-de-lis ass in the NFC Championship game. Why the hell would anyone think that we can't repeat that performance next year, minus the execution gaffs of course......

A nice ass whuppin of the champs would set the following schedule up nicely as we make our way to our first SB victory....

Home:
    Chicago - Martz will only help thier offense improve. He can't fix that aging defense. Hell, I don't think they can fix both of them in the offseason because of the ownership groups approach. WIN

Detroit - Still a year away, but I like what they are doing up there. I wouldn't be suprised to see us split with the Lions this year. WIN

Green Bay - Scary team. TJ gets the monkey off his back with his 3rd win in a row. WIN

Dallas - So sad to watch Jerry run this proud franchise into the ground as he tries to show the world he is a GM/Football man. WIN

New York Giants - Strife on the defensive side of the ball during the offseason will put this team into a position were they are trying to field a defense that can stop teams from scoring. WIN

Buffalo - Its Buffalo. WIN

Miami - Might be the first real test without Phat Pat clogging the middle. Add in how well thier QB play was towards the end of the year. Big day for Chad. LOSS

Arizona - Thier old dude retired. Thier young dude was a wasted pick. Our young Dude wins. WIN

Away:
    Chicago - Win

Detroit - LOSS

Green Bay - LOSS

Philadelphia - I'm not so sure whats gonna happen with the Iggles this year. They sure have some nice pieces and parts on that roster. Going on a limb here. WIN

Washington - Official rebuilding mindset starts. This team will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Vikes won't be one of them. WIN

New England - Chiller outcoaches the master. WIN

New York Jets - Another tough call. Not sure why, maybe the running game and loss of Phat Pat equates to a bad matchup on the road. LOSS

New Orleans - Player turnover. SB hangover. We outplayed them once. Players don't choke this time. WIN

12-4/11-5 is easily within reach. Bigger question is, what will the PUKERS do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast