Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 312
  1. #101
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    marstc09 wrote:
    [quote]Marrdro wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    If Favre doesn't come back FORGET 2010 for the VIkes. People will see how good Favre made Harvin and Rice look this year
    Or we might just find out that they also made him look good my friend.

    On a side note, I wonder how many Noodle lovers are dreading the possibility that another QB could come in and do just as good, if not better with this talented team.
    Why would I dread that? I actually like the Minnesota Vikings. I support the team not matter who the sign. You wouldn't know anything about that though.
    Yea right, cause why?

    Cause I supported them even though they added a player that actually makes me sick to see in a Vikings uniform?

    Gimme a break.

    Makes me wonder what it will be like around here if for some reason TJ is made the starter. Wonder what types of posts we will get from fans who do not like him......

    My guess is that there will/would be quite a few who even resort to calling him funny names and pointing out every little flaw. How is that different from a cat like me who despises a player instead of just "Not liking him"?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #102
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I mean seriously, what did we really achieve with him under center?

    Did we win our Division? Yes, but we did that with the likes of Gus and TJ.
    Did we win a Playoff game? Yes. Give ya that one.
    Did We win the SB? Nope. Hey, isn't that what he was brought here to do? :huh:
    Did we secure a first round bye? Yes.
    Did we deliver an ass kicking in the divisional round? Yes.
    Did we go undefeated at home? Yes.

    I will agree that our team made Favre better than he ever has before. And Favre made our team better than they have in at least a decade, if not more. The two go hand in hand. I don't agree that our team can make TJack or Sage as good as Favre did this year, nor can TJack or Sage make the team as good as they were this year.

    That is what we accomplished with Favre under center - a better team. I do hope that Favre comes back. Even if he isn't as good he will still make our team better. In the event that he doesn't come back (and I won't believe any report either way until day 1 of the regular season), I hope to God that whoever we have under center will be at least good enough to help us continue to be successful. If he managed to do better than Favre - all the better. Because that would mean that he is playing at a HoF level, and that bodes well for our team.
    Why even try? Marrdro lost his mind when Favre arrived.
    While I see what your saying Marrdro, there are a lot of positives to take away from the season. Come on, you can't deny that it was the most entertaining Vikings season in a LONG time.
    Find me one place were I haven't lauded him for things like that. Heck I've even gone so far as to point out what role he has played with respect to improvement especially when it comes to Sully and the WR's.

    My point, AGAIN, is that I am not ready to write off next season if his Lordship doesn't decide to grace us with his presence.

    I am 100% convinced this team is ready to carry a QB, not the other way around (the ole Noodle carried the team), as some on here will try to convince us during this time of waiting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #103
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    ultravikingfan wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I mean seriously, what did we really achieve with him under center?

    Did we win our Division? Yes, but we did that with the likes of Gus and TJ.
    Did we win a Playoff game? Yes. Give ya that one.
    Did We win the SB? Nope. Hey, isn't that what he was brought here to do? :huh:
    Did we secure a first round bye? Yes.
    Did we deliver an ass kicking in the divisional round? Yes.
    Did we go undefeated at home? Yes.

    I will agree that our team made Favre better than he ever has before. And Favre made our team better than they have in at least a decade, if not more. The two go hand in hand. I don't agree that our team can make TJack or Sage as good as Favre did this year, nor can TJack or Sage make the team as good as they were this year.

    That is what we accomplished with Favre under center - a better team. I do hope that Favre comes back. Even if he isn't as good he will still make our team better. In the event that he doesn't come back (and I won't believe any report either way until day 1 of the regular season), I hope to God that whoever we have under center will be at least good enough to help us continue to be successful. If he managed to do better than Favre - all the better. Because that would mean that he is playing at a HoF level, and that bodes well for our team.
    Why even try? Marrdro lost his mind when Favre arrived.
    While I see what your saying Marrdro, there are a lot of positives to take away from the season. Come on, you can't deny that it was the most entertaining Vikings season in a LONG time.
    +1

    Had me at the edge of my seat every Sunday.

    Although the Super Bowl is the ultimate accomplishment for a team and a fan, I am still more satisfied with this season than I have been in a long time.

    The core of the team is already in place. I believe we can do it with the players we have now. It's the adjustments we make that we decide the fate of next season (turnovers and O-Line).
    I am more than satisfied as well and as you said, I am 100% convinced this team is set and not only for next year, but several years to come.

    I know its hard for some to comprehend as they are used to watching the last 2 regimes operate, but this team will continue to get better, not worse.

    Case in point, Griff and Ray. Those two are finally playing at a NFL level. How many years did that take? They are both (injuries aside) looking at least to 5 or 6 more damn fine years. Chad, AD, Sully, Load, Jasper, etc will all have a role in those years to come.

    Long story short, this team is loaded with alot of good, exciting talent just waiting for a chance to show us good things. The loss of one Noodle isn't gonna stop it from only getting better.

    In the end though, I've repeatedly said this, .......They signed him to a two year contract. Anyone can read between the lines a bit and come to the conclusion that all thought it would take at least 2 years to get it done.

    He is coming back to finish that plan next year. After that, TJ (or QB X) will be ready to take over.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #104
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    NEver mind - my lame attempt at humor didn't work because the image link is malformed...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #105
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    NodakPaul wrote:
    NEver mind - my lame attempt at humor didn't work because the image link is malformed...
    How can any attempt at humor on this site, especially of late, be considered lame my friend? B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #106
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    NodakPaul wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    I would also bet my life the Saints make the playoffs next year as well and will be a top 3 NFC team no matter what
    That is what people said of the 99 Vikings as well.
    That is also what people said of the 2004 Patriots.

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #107
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

    Keep dreaming. Without Favre we are 9-7 at best, missing the playoffs.
    You can keep thinking that way if you want. I am of the mind he will be back next year, however, I am also of the mind that we will make the playoffs with TJ under center.

    Again, my rationale is this team can carry a QB and doesn't need a QB to carry it.

    I know you will scoff at that, however, look at the last two teams your hero has played for.....

    Jets - He played great. They did better with Sanchez.
    Vikes - He had his best year every. Unless you can prove he took a "I'm instantly better than I've ever been in my career" pill, then I still contend that this team had just as big a role in its success as you contend the Noodle role was.

    Just to make sure I'm clear here, I really believe he is coming back, so you don't have to worry but even if I'm wrong and he signed that two year contract just for shits and giggles, I am ready for TJ or possibly another QB (Blockbuster deal with the IGGLES for McNabb) stepping under center and this team doing just as well.

    Seriously, it isn't like we got that much further with his old ass anyway now did we? One more game..... :blink:
    How did that team carry TJ at home in the playoffs?

    No shit the Jets did better this year. Favre had a noodle arm his year with the Jets. Funny how you use that this year but fail to recognize it when he played for the Jets. Typical hater fashion.

    One more game? TJ played in the Wild Card and lost at home. Favre skipped that game because he led a team to a 1st round bye. Then he won the Divisional game. He put a beatdown on a hot team might I add. Then in the NFC Championship game he darn near carried the team on his back and beat NO in their own dome. Take the hater shades off. Favre did a lot more than win "one more game" lol
    All very good points to bring up that make sense, problem for me is I've been told a bazillion trillion times by most of you on here......

    Wins and losses are the only thing that counts. Then throw into the mix how most of you convinced me I should jump on the Noodle Arm express cause he all but gauranteed us a SB win.

    Excuse me for being slow here, but for me......MEH.....Team got better and went further this year than it did the year before....

    Again, MEH........Isn't that what has been happening without his Lordship? What did he really accomplish that hasn't been done by lesser teams than this?
    So wins and losses are what counts eh?

    09-10: Favre 13-5
    08-09: TJ 2-4

    Nobody ever said Favre would guarantee a Super Bowl. In fact even Favre said "there are no guarantees". 99% said Favre would give us a better shot.

    MEH all you want.

    Your last question is fucking hilarious. How many lesser teams have went to the NFC Championship game? Keep fishing.

  8. #108
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    If Favre doesn't come back FORGET 2010 for the VIkes. People will see how good Favre made Harvin and Rice look this year
    Or we might just find out that they also made him look good my friend.

    On a side note, I wonder how many Noodle lovers are dreading the possibility that another QB could come in and do just as good, if not better with this talented team.
    Why would I dread that? I actually like the Minnesota Vikings. I support the team not matter who the sign. You wouldn't know anything about that though.
    Yea right, cause why?

    Cause I supported them even though they added a player that actually makes me sick to see in a Vikings uniform?

    Gimme a break.

    Makes me wonder what it will be like around here if for some reason TJ is made the starter. Wonder what types of posts we will get from fans who do not like him......

    My guess is that there will/would be quite a few who even resort to calling him funny names and pointing out every little flaw. How is that different from a cat like me who despises a player instead of just "Not liking him"?
    Wonder all you want. This guy does not hate TJ. In fact, I don't think anyone hates TJ like you hate Favre.

  9. #109
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I mean seriously, what did we really achieve with him under center?

    Did we win our Division? Yes, but we did that with the likes of Gus and TJ.
    Did we win a Playoff game? Yes. Give ya that one.
    Did We win the SB? Nope. Hey, isn't that what he was brought here to do? :huh:
    Did we secure a first round bye? Yes.
    Did we deliver an ass kicking in the divisional round? Yes.
    Did we go undefeated at home? Yes.

    I will agree that our team made Favre better than he ever has before. And Favre made our team better than they have in at least a decade, if not more. The two go hand in hand. I don't agree that our team can make TJack or Sage as good as Favre did this year, nor can TJack or Sage make the team as good as they were this year.

    That is what we accomplished with Favre under center - a better team. I do hope that Favre comes back. Even if he isn't as good he will still make our team better. In the event that he doesn't come back (and I won't believe any report either way until day 1 of the regular season), I hope to God that whoever we have under center will be at least good enough to help us continue to be successful. If he managed to do better than Favre - all the better. Because that would mean that he is playing at a HoF level, and that bodes well for our team.
    Why even try? Marrdro lost his mind when Favre arrived.
    While I see what your saying Marrdro, there are a lot of positives to take away from the season. Come on, you can't deny that it was the most entertaining Vikings season in a LONG time.
    I am 100% convinced this team is ready to carry a QB, not the other way around (the ole Noodle carried the team), as some on here will try to convince us during this time of waiting.
    Who is "us"?

  10. #110
    fanofteam is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    182

    Re:Will Vikings open at New Orleans?

    Marrdro wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Bring on the Aints I say. If we wouldn't have given them the ball back so many times (in thier house) we would have whupped a little fleur-de-lis ass in the NFC Championship game. Why the hell would anyone think that we can't repeat that performance next year, minus the execution gaffs of course......

    A nice ass whuppin of the champs would set the following schedule up nicely as we make our way to our first SB victory....

    Home:
    Chicago - Martz will only help thier offense improve. He can't fix that aging defense. Hell, I don't think they can fix both of them in the offseason because of the ownership groups approach. WIN

    Detroit - Still a year away, but I like what they are doing up there. I wouldn't be suprised to see us split with the Lions this year. WIN

    Green Bay - Scary team. TJ gets the monkey off his back with his 3rd win in a row. WIN

    Dallas - So sad to watch Jerry run this proud franchise into the ground as he tries to show the world he is a GM/Football man. WIN

    New York Giants - Strife on the defensive side of the ball during the offseason will put this team into a position were they are trying to field a defense that can stop teams from scoring. WIN

    Buffalo - Its Buffalo. WIN

    Miami - Might be the first real test without Phat Pat clogging the middle. Add in how well thier QB play was towards the end of the year. Big day for Chad. LOSS

    Arizona - Thier old dude retired. Thier young dude was a wasted pick. Our young Dude wins. WIN

    Away:
    Chicago - Win

    Detroit - LOSS

    Green Bay - LOSS

    Philadelphia - I'm not so sure whats gonna happen with the Iggles this year. They sure have some nice pieces and parts on that roster. Going on a limb here. WIN

    Washington - Official rebuilding mindset starts. This team will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Vikes won't be one of them. WIN

    New England - Chiller outcoaches the master. WIN

    New York Jets - Another tough call. Not sure why, maybe the running game and loss of Phat Pat equates to a bad matchup on the road. LOSS

    New Orleans - Player turnover. SB hangover. We outplayed them once. Players don't choke this time. WIN

    12-4/11-5 is easily within reach. Bigger question is, what will the PUKERS do.

    Now take off the purple glasses, lol

    Wiining on the road in Philly, NE and the new Jets stadium will be very hard, I'm not sure but do you realize we SUCK on the road ?

    The only thing I'm with you on is the Lions improving.
    Can't take the Purple Specks off this time of the year my friend. Its time to wear them....

    Philly I will give you, however, the Pats seem to be on a quick downward trend if you ask me. The Jets, although they have a damn nice OL, a sound running attack and a nice defense, will struggle at times with consistency, if for no other reason than thier QB play.

    As to the "Sucking" on the road comment. I would have agreed with you a few years ago, however, we are getting better at playing on the road and suspect we will be a tough beat next year for any home team.

    You sure judge improvement in VERY strange way


    The Vikes were 0 - 4 in there last 4 AWAY games, lol


    The Pats are on a quick downhill trend, now that's funny but not nearly as funny as thinking the Jets will struggle because of thier QB play but the Vikes won't if Favre doesn't come back

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Need to Hit New Orleans 'Like Katrina'?.
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:46 PM
  2. Vikings Open at 12/1 to win 2011 Superbowl
    By fanofteam in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
  3. For all Vikings Fans in New Orleans on Monday
    By redstickviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 05:45 AM
  4. Norseman's Open Letter to the Vikings!
    By AlabamaViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:52 PM
  5. New Orleans Saints / Minnesota Vikings trade
    By KFANreporter in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •