Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Will the Vikings draft a QB?

I agree - we do need a stub MLB in the draft. I see this as our first round pick. I'm not so sure a running back is a priority. Minus Bennett, we will have three pretty decent backs next year; Moore, Fasson, & smith (pending reinstatement & a new dedication).

You think Culpepper will be immobile when he returns? Shaun Hill makes Byron Leftwich look like Fran Tarkington. The Vikes need to invest a a first day pick on a QB - so we are looking like the second or third round.

amth is offline Starter

"briboy75" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    ive liked daunte as long as ive been a viking fan, but..

there are three good reasons to draft a QB in the first round:

1) daunte will probably miss time next season (not a good reason by itself, but coupled with the next two reasons)

2) he wont have the mobility when he does come back

3) you gotta look at his performance this season, before he got hurt. wasnt going well. so why would we wait around for a QB who wasnt doing well the season he got hurt, and who wont have one of his main weapons (mobility)?

i im only playing devils advocate. i like daunte, and if they did decide to wait for him, i wouldnt be that mad. but there are reasons to look at a QB early.
    drafting a 1st round QB would be a terrible idea

1) it would be a waste of a 1st round pick.. we have a 2 time pro bowl QB and a Super bowl QB backing him up who is currently 3-0.

2) It would tear the team apart...you can't have a 1st round draft pick QB as the backup very long... people owuld be calling for him to start everything culpepper had a bad day.

3) Daunte will be mobil, or theny woulsn't start him

4) daunte didn't play that badly at the begining of the year (the offensive line did).. the line has played a little better and the defense has come together.. thats why we are winning.

daunte did play bad i hate people that blame it all on the oline, daunte still made the bad throws that lead to the int's and still fumbled the ball

i think he was trying to prove too much with moss being gone, i think if BJ would have started earlier we may have had another win or two
    it sucks being u, but its great being me

SamDawg84 Guest

Im not totally defending Pep.. But most of the bad throws were due to lack of protection.. He was getting frustrated by this because he never saw this before.. I believe our line next year will be awesome and Pep will be back throwing TD's.. He has a chip on his shoulder

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

O-Lineman... and a RB.. not that I don't like Moore, but he could use a friend.. You know, one that won't be hurt all season (not Bennet.. ha).

Psh, we can pick a QB up much later in the draft, and we've got BJ, C Pep, and they can both train the Padi-Wan learner Hill (dont know much about him).
    i m better than you, so just give up...

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

I think if Vince Young comes out you have to think seriously about him....the guy is a vick/culpepper mix...and a huge weapon. We could also really use an A.J. Hawk since linebacker has been are glaring weakness for sometime.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"happy camper" wrote:
    ive liked daunte as long as ive been a viking fan, but..

there are three good reasons to draft a QB in the first round:

1) daunte will probably miss time next season (not a good reason by itself, but coupled with the next two reasons)

2) he wont have the mobility when he does come back

3) you gotta look at his performance this season, before he got hurt. wasnt going well. so why would we wait around for a QB who wasnt doing well the season he got hurt, and who wont have one of his main weapons (mobility)?

i im only playing devils advocate. i like daunte, and if they did decide to wait for him, i wouldnt be that mad. but there are reasons to look at a QB early.

He will be more mobile than most QBs, and this season he lost Moss, and thought he had to carry the whole team on his own. His expectations won't be high for next year, and with that kind of attitude coming into the season he'll be great.

SamDawg84 Guest

We will go O-lineman maybe or LB in the first round.. Depends if Fonoti or Herrera or MJ pan out..

I see our pick as a linebacker most likely.. Like Hodge or Hawk if possible.. Maybe even a RB if Williams falls to us or if Maroney is available then..

SamDawg84 Guest

Yah that's right Anderson.. And also he might just lose some speed and won't be able to cut as much.. He never really was that fast anyway and never really cut.. He would just find a hole and take what he could get.. He wasn't a Vick type runner

Purple D is offline Starter

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    We will go O-lineman maybe or LB in the first round.. Depends if Fonoti or Herrera or MJ pan out..

I see our pick as a linebacker most likely.. Like Hodge or Hawk if possible.. Maybe even a RB if Williams falls to us or if Maroney is available then..
    I like Greenway out of Iowa. He is a stud.

Also Culpepper didn't help the O-line out any this year. He held the ball too long. Thats why Johnson has had more success, he gets rid of the ball quicker.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

SamDawg84 Guest

yah pep was learning a whole new different way of playing this year.. No Moss.. No Protection.. He will learn from Brad I hope

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast