Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Will the Vikings draft a QB?

Shaun Hill & the other guy the Vikes signed do not have potnetial to be starters.....do you draft a Qb to learn under Brad - given the fact Culpepper will MIA for a while? If so, when and who?

I like the kid at Vanderbilt - Jay cutler - he seems like he might be around in the 2nd or 3rd round - Kramer type. Played a hell of a game against FLA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats

thoughts?

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Will the Vikings draft a QB?

I could see us drafting a QB in the later rounds, not a bad choice.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Go for a QB in the later rounds as a 3rd stringer who can develop into a reliable backup like Frerotte and Johnson. No need for one in the first 3 rounds though.

How about that guy who won the Heisman at Oklahoma Jason White? I mean, he did win the Heisman... Where is he now btw? FA?

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

How many times around draft time are we gonna hear that Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round?

What's the over/under on that one??

120 for the weekend?

I think i might take the over. :lol:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Chiefs let White go, he won't make it in the pros. I really don't see how we are gonna find someone to displace Hill, and didn't we sign O' Sullivan, or was that a might?

IMO, we are fine at QB, but, the draft guys have an incredible eye for talent. If they see one drop that shouldn't, I am sure he will hear his name for the Vikes in the later rounds on draft day.

Hey BJ was drafted in the 9th round. There is no longer a 9th round in the NFL. I think Wade Wilson was drafted in the 11th round.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

ive liked daunte as long as ive been a viking fan, but..

there are three good reasons to draft a QB in the first round:

1) daunte will probably miss time next season (not a good reason by itself, but coupled with the next two reasons)

2) he wont have the mobility when he does come back

3) you gotta look at his performance this season, before he got hurt. wasnt going well. so why would we wait around for a QB who wasnt doing well the season he got hurt, and who wont have one of his main weapons (mobility)?

i im only playing devils advocate. i like daunte, and if they did decide to wait for him, i wouldnt be that mad. but there are reasons to look at a QB early.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Shaun Hill & the other guy the Vikes signed do not have potnetial to be starters.....do you draft a Qb to learn under Brad - given the fact Culpepper will MIA for a while? If so, when and who?

I like the kid at Vanderbilt - Jay cutler - he seems like he might be around in the 2nd or 3rd round - Kramer type. Played a hell of a game against FLA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats

thoughts?
    Hell yeah Cutler is my dog! (I go to Vanderbilt) Although he is a bit of an asshole face-to-face, the man can play ball and I would love it if he was a backup on the Vikings. The rest of the team stinks, but at least Cutler was the one shining light during my tenure as a Commodore fan. I also think drafting a QB would be the right call. Go Dores!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Where do you think Cutler will go in the draft? I mean the guy can play but I think he is a sleeper.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

"happy camper" wrote:
    ive liked daunte as long as ive been a viking fan, but..

there are three good reasons to draft a QB in the first round:

1) daunte will probably miss time next season (not a good reason by itself, but coupled with the next two reasons)

2) he wont have the mobility when he does come back

3) you gotta look at his performance this season, before he got hurt. wasnt going well. so why would we wait around for a QB who wasnt doing well the season he got hurt, and who wont have one of his main weapons (mobility)?

i im only playing devils advocate. i like daunte, and if they did decide to wait for him, i wouldnt be that mad. but there are reasons to look at a QB early.
    drafting a 1st round QB would be a terrible idea

1) it would be a waste of a 1st round pick.. we have a 2 time pro bowl QB and a Super bowl QB backing him up who is currently 3-0.

2) It would tear the team apart...you can't have a 1st round draft pick QB as the backup very long... people owuld be calling for him to start everything culpepper had a bad day.

3) Daunte will be mobil, or theny woulsn't start him

4) daunte didn't play that badly at the begining of the year (the offensive line did).. the line has played a little better and the defense has come together.. thats why we are winning.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast