Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will the True Fans Please Stand up!?!

True fan is an ambiguous term. I don't think rooting for one player over another, or saying one player should be benched, or saying a coach should get canned or saying you're pissed off at the team makes you any less of a fan. That to me, means you care.

Case in point: I say Culpepper should stay in. Others say he should be benched. I say he's good, some people say he sucks.

Who is the "true fan" in this situation? We both are, we just have different opinions! Just the fact that we're arguing about it means we give a shit about the team, which makes us fans.

The biggest thing that bothers me is when people use "true fan" to qualify their argument. If they say "if you're a true fan, you'll support Culpepper" that's bullshit. If you want to make an argument use facts, use your opinion- that's fine, but don't pull out the "true fan" card.

The whole thing to me is like politics. Certain idiots say "if you're not a republican than you're not a patriot!" or "if you're not a democrat you aren't a patriot!" I say they're both full of shit. IMO, if you have an opinion then you care about your country, which makes you a patriot. You just want the best for the country, and you're willing to share those beliefs. Our situation is no different, we want what is best for our team, so we express our opinions.

JLDII is offline Rookie

"bleedpurple27" wrote:
    What is a true fan? Am I? Are you? A fan is a fan is fan IMO. We're all different...my way of being a fan is just that...my way. That doesn't make me more of a fan than anyone else..it's just me.........

God help me if I have to sit next to some yahoo with a paper bag over his/her head.
    :?: Sounds like a bit of a double standard don't you think?

Not everyone has to wear purple shades and beat a drum in order to be a fan.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]Please Stand Up!

Please Stand up![/size]

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I love the Vikings. And great point ltrey33.
    I hate the packers and everything wisconsin. Can't wait for Sunday.

[color=red]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:

Please Stand up![/size]

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit
    I am & have been SIA! Not my fault I'm short! :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I am a true vikes fan even though there is no set "definition." My license plate explains enough.

The only good things in sconny mensatice is my girlfriend and our house...and my job I guess!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

until we are official out of the palyoffs, i will not give up. and even then i might not give up on them. i will never change teams. i am a viking for life. and there is no way i am going to give up on them when they are only 1 game out of first place.
    We're bringing purple back.

Del Rio Guest

I think there are better fans then others. As far as teams go, you benifit more from certain types of fans over others. If my team goes to play a game and there are 20,000 screaming fans and 100 people sitting there with bags over their heads that's a waste of space for my team especially considering there are probably 100 screaming fanatics that would love to be at the game, and frankly you having a bag over your head isn't doing anything for me or my team it just makes you look like an idiot and wastes a seat.

The whole true fan argument holds no weight. Because being a fan is different for everyone.

Some people like to go off the wall with negativity that is so incredibly negative it defies all logic. All I can say is if you think in terms of true fan and not true fan, I would adjust your thinking and judge people by stupid idiotic comments, and rational comments. Because you get all kinds from negative fans and possitive ones.

You can say well I'm just being realistic, or I'm just being the kind of fan I want to be, well that's great but that shit coming out of your mouth may still be less coherent then south parks Timmy.

If your on here one week preaching doomsday and the next week your trying to pretend you weren't crying like a little bitch and everything is peaches now, then next week we need to trade someone, then next week he is your favorite, and next week.....people see that and every time that happens your posts hold less and less importance to many people.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Please Stand up![/size]

Just had to do that.

Go P. Rabbit
    I am & have been SIA! Not my fault I'm short! :lol:
    Me too, lacking in the heigth gene.

I will stand, but I won't vote. Some things don't have to be measured.

Fandom is only measured by the fan himself. Show your pleasure, show your displeasure, be intelligent but don't judge another for his fandom.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

i am the only viking fan at school. i have been made fun of so many times if i weren't a true fan i would not be on pp.o right now.

Go vikes!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast