Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Prophet Guest

Re: Will Tomlin's cover two improve vikes d?

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I'm extremely confused. Is that a curse word in the first option??

Anyways the D will be better because Cottrell couldn't coach. Tomlin hopefully can.
    My sentiments exactly. It's not like they would have to be very good to improve from last year. All around, I'm excited to at least potentially have some coaching.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I'm extremely confused. Is that a curse word in the first option??

Anyways the D will be better because Cottrell couldn't coach. Tomlin hopefully can.
    My sentiments exactly. It's not like they would have to be very good to improve from last year. All around, I'm excited to at least potentially have some coaching.
    I dunno - I thought in the last half of the season, the Defense was really starting to come together. I just like continuity and it seemed that having Ted on staff for another year would have brought that to the schemes.

But - only time will tell. If they can get the LB speed they need to do the Cover...errr....Tampa2, then that should allow The Williams Twins to wreak havoc in the middle of the line.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

TMAC604 is offline Starter

Our defense last year started to jell around week 6. After that we were playing very well. I hope they can get their shit together and jell faster. I was happy with the defense the second half of the year.

Prophet Guest

I agree, the defense and special teams were looking decent the second half of the year. Especially on a relative basis compared to what we have been use to seeing in recent years. I remember looking at the stats broken down for the defense the last half versus the first half and there was a dramatic difference....didn't that all start to happen when Meathead listened to the players calling Ted out as an incompetent ass (slight paraphrase, but something like that). I'm excited to see the D this year and sure hope they can be a top 10 unit.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

YES...because he is a better coach than Ted EVER was...and he will put his personnel in position to be successful...as opposed to Ted trying to force feed his overly-complex scheme on personnel who didn't believe in the system.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Accents is offline Training Camp

Last year was the first year that we actually had a defense in a very long time. I was so happy that we actually had a defense. Remember when all the games were shootouts to see who would score the most points because our defense could not stop anybody? Remember when the opposing teams would get team records playing against our pathetic defense?

If we do as good or better on defense this year than last year, we are better!!! I was so glad to see Tice go! After years of dissapointment with Tice, I am hoping the new coaching staff might actually have brains and actually be able to coach. Remember Tice's old college coach, coach Fuzzio?? - what a disaster! Then we got Cottrell - a huge improvement as it didn't take a whole lot to be better than the worst. Now Tomlin? Isn't he supposed to be one of the hot new defensive coaches to watch out for?? I am really excited for the "new Vikings". I will even grant them a learning curve.

So how long will the learning curve be for a new coach and new defensive scheme?

Accents

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Best poll ever! :drunken:

[color=red]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123