Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Will Tjack ever improve

Also, please don't take that post as an insult in any way. It's just those sarcastic/rolling eyes really irk me for some reason

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V4L" wrote:
    I don't get why people want Jim Sorgi?

He pretty much hasn't even taken a snap

People are calling him a vet and all this.. And he's learning from the bench and all that.. But it's a whole lot different when you actually play

If we had Sorgi im pretty certain it would not be any different.. Maybe even worse
    Not saying I am for Sorgi, but let me point out of few things.

When a young QB is drafted with high expeectations, don't teams prefer to have them sit a year behind a vet and learn the game?

Well, what is the difference with Sorgi?
    Hell, if there is going to be any QB in the league to sit and learn from it is Manning.

And he has taken snaps before too.

So, as far as insight and learning something...Sorgi is poised to play.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    .......And most learn from the bench.

I've been up and down on "Futureboy" (I stole that from Caine) but I am not sold that the Chiller is completely sold on "Futureboy" and his abilities at the point or going into the season for that matter.

Face it.
    There was one Vet QB that most of us believed fit this team this year but he went to TB.
    Not gonna go into that cause I believe it wasn't only the Chiller that didn't want him.

So with all that said, lets spin forward to OTA's next year.
    Who will be competing for the job next year.

I for one think the Chiller will try to convince Bryzcheapski and the rest of the front office that he has a team that is ready to win if given the following:

a.
    A double digit sack artist.
    b.
    A crafty Vet WR.
    c.
    A better option at S or another CB
    d. And most importantly a Vet QB (Plus another one in the draft).

With that said, I have been touting Jim Sorgi, Donavan McNabb and Dereck Anderson as the options and based on risk reward and cost in pics I think we go with Sorgi.

Bring his jiggly butt in for a decent contract, give him the right to start if he beats out "Futureboy" and draft another project to develop as either an eventual starter/replacement or career backup.

Futureboy's health issues and complete refusal to quit trying to make plays when not needed are just flat pissing me off.
    I must say if you of all people have lost faith in Jackson then the Jackson experiment is over. I was awaiting your excuse for Jacksons horrible play and I didn't get it because there was none. Jackson did lose us that game. And lost us a chance to go to the playoffs.

and this organizations desire (not just the Chiller PHOD) to develop him on the field
    You know thats a good point I haven't considered enough. I still think Childress is the guy selling Jackson to the organization and the mastermind but I believe your right in
    saying the organization also made the choice to develop this kid. I still think it is Childress who sinks or swims with Jackson even if the organization had a hand in it too.

a.
    b.
    A crafty Vet WR.
    c.

With that said, I have been touting Jim Sorgi, Donavan McNabb and Derek Anderson as the options and based on risk reward and cost in pics I think we go with Sorgi.
    We would go undefeated if we had all these things. Its our only weaknesses.

a.
    Totally agree with a double digit sack artist. We have decent guys. No pressure. We just need a beast to come in and dominate and make those other guys look better. Enough 4th round steals or whatever. Get a guy who can dominate.

b.
    A crafty Vet WR.
    A veteran Wide Receiver woudl make all of our other guys look really legitimate. We have a bunch of #2 receivers and a good solid #1 would make them look that way. Our depth would look like

1. Bennard Berrian? Patrick Crayton? A guy more dominant. Any guy
    2. Sydney Rice
    3. Bobby Wade (Hes a slot receiver plain and simple)
    4. Troy Williamson or Audrae Allison
    (hope we can keep both. I haven't seen Williamson miss a pass thrown to him all year)

I like that a lot. Sydney Rice in time will assume that #1 role and be one of the best when our rookie QB develops into one of the best. Audrae Allison would become the two. We would look good for now and the future with that.

c.
    Yeah this is our least important problem but a problem. Griffin needs wither more time on the bench or cut. He's hurting that team. Bring in someone for him maybe. I think we're set at Safety with Dwight Smith being exceptional and Darren Sharper being amazing. Griffins that weakness. A guy who can
    come in and not really need to dominate but be a solid number two corner.

Well here's Sorgi for the people out there.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jimsorgi/profile?id=SOR431260

I have no opinion on Sorgi. I think when people say "why Sorgi" they don't mean "why not everybody else." I haven't seen enough of Sorgi to make a decision except once or twice when they were up by like 40 in the 4th. So I really can't make a decision on him. I agree with not getting Anderson or McNabb for the cost and I don't like McNabb anyways as a quarterback. But maybe a guy like Josh McCown I think is who will be out there next year (on his contract year) and a good option.

As for drafting one

MATT RYAN!!! How long have I been shouting for him? He's great and I just hope we didn't win our way out of getting him. He could slip to us. If not him we could go for Colt Brennan. Boy is he something. i just dont like the competition he goes against. Just not Woodson. His release is slower then anyones I've seen and his competition is worst then Brennans. So Matt Ryan or Colt Brennan is who I would look for developing under Sorgi or McCown. In two years Matty Ice or Colt Brennan will be starting and that year or the year after will be adjusted and an elite quarterback throwing to the amazing Sydney Rice, Berrian, and Aundrae Allison with one of the best receiver corps and the best run game with Adrian Peterson. Looks good.
    PHOD, that has got to be your best post ever, and not just because you agree with me, but because it is.

I have given up on TJ for two reasons........

Even though he is young and has come along way, he continues to do the same thing wrong...........
    When pressured he reverts back to poor mechanics, often times when he is trying to make something out of a play gone bad.
    End result is a turnover.
    If he did this once a game or so I could almost stomach it, however, he seems to make (first Lions game, second Bears game, and the Skins game) them alot when he is making them.

Take alook, it also isn't just the glaring bad ones that turn into INTs but the ones he gets away with as well.
    How many times have we seen (I took a minute and went through some game notes so my numbers are probably not exact
    ;D) this:

a.
    He jumps in the air and throws the ball:

b.
    He throws the ball WAY (not on his back shoulder) behind his reciever and the defender just dropped it: 6
    c.
    He throws the ball were the reciever can't catch it (usually a deep pass) even though he wasn't throwing it away: 10
    d.
    He scrambles for no gain or a loss of yards when he had the option to throw it away: 7

I mean really, his play has improved in areas but he hasn't quite figured it out in others.
    With the quality of coaches and one on one attention he has been getting you would think that these simple things would have been elimnated.

2. And most importantly of all....... I am not sold on his ability to finish a 16 game schedule.
    Of all the players on the field the QB and probably the C (and then the rest of the OL in that order) are almost unreplaceable.
    He has to stay on the field if we are to maintain consistency and win.

To date TJ has me a bit worried in those areas and I believe, the Chiller feels the same way.
    Case in point, how many times (7 and I have commented on the last 4) have we saw comments from the Chiller about committing to "Futureboy" over the year?

Simply ludicrous for any fan to fall in love with anyone player and then try to defend/provide rationale to keep him on the team (the team is the focus not our love for an individual player) when the organization (not just the Chiller) could go out and get something better.

Long story short........
    (yea right.
    This topic will never be short).

a. We don't really have that much invested in him with respect to pics.
    He will make a very servicable backup for years to come.
    b. We don't have really that much invested in him with respect to time.
    Hell this year was a throw away year to see were we stand in a heck of alot more positions than QB (i.e. CB, DE, DL, RG, RT, RB, WR).
    The staff can now lobby the organization to add starters or draft depth at those positions based on what they saw not only this year but lasts as well.
    c.
    There wasn't that much out there this year with respect to a long term solution at QB (Garcia wasn't long term that is why he wasn't sought after -at least that is what I've convinced myself of) and this years class of FA isn't that bood either.

Pickup Sorgi.
    Let him comein and compete. It will only cost you a contract.
    If he beats out TJ great, the team is better, if he doesn't beat him out, great, TJ must have continued to excel and you still have a good backup sitting on the bench waiting for an injury or to spell TJ if he gets in a game where he looses it (i.e. the three games I mentioned.

What the hell is everyone so afraid of when it comes to change?
    I not afraid of change but Sorgi is not the answer. I think McNabb is going to be coming here. Just wait and see.

How can everyone expect T-jack to be good RIGHT NOW?? he's made several bad plays, he has also made a couple good plays. his offensive line hasnt been all that great for him lately and i think everyone could agree his recievers are below par. he may never even be ok...but there is NO WAY that anyone can tell right now how good this kid is gonna be...and thats just the thing. HES STILL A KID...hes played in what?? 14 games...pretty much a rookie yet. Jay Cutler isnt domninating...nor is Matt Leinert...or even Vince Young....all taken at the top of the first round last year. So get off this kids ass and just let him play...were lucky to be rebuilding at the quarterback posistion and contending at the same time.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"petersenkyle1167" wrote:
    How can everyone expect T-jack to be good RIGHT NOW?? he's made several bad plays, he has also made a couple good plays. his offensive line hasnt been all that great for him lately and i think everyone could agree his recievers are below par. he may never even be ok...but there is NO WAY that anyone can tell right now how good this kid is gonna be...and thats just the thing. HES STILL A KID...hes played in what?? 14 games...pretty much a rookie yet. Jay Cutler isnt domninating...nor is Matt Leinert...or even Vince Young....all taken at the top of the first round last year. So get off this kids jiggly butt and just let him play...were lucky to be rebuilding at the quarterback posistion and contending at the same time.
    Umm last time I checked Leinhart with a worse line was still doing better than T-Jack before he went down with injury, Vince Young is being exactly the running QB that most people thought he would, and Cutler is looking darn good in Denver right now.
    I guess cutler having a 87 QB rating after 20 games puts him right on the T-Jack line.
    If he comes out and performs at the mediocre or worse line like he is now all of next year, do we give him another year?

People aren't necessarily mad at T-Jack himself, I get the feeling a lot of people who criticize him are just taking out there anger over the fact that the VIKINGS decided to go with him in the first place.
    Most people like me see a team that with a good QB could be
    Super
    Bowl contenders in the NFC, and most people are just left wondering why we didn't bring in a Vet QB to cover for T-Jack while he held a clip board for 2 years to get up to NFL level after playing in a backwater school.
    Just because the Vikings took a Sh#$ and told us it's brownies doesn't mean we have to sit here and be happy about it.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162