Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Will Tjack ever improve

QBs against NYG (Last 4 games)
    Detroit- Kitna = Sacks:3, Int:3, Fumbles:0, Fumbles Lost:0, TD:1, Passing Yds:377 Rushing Yds:0 Yds Lost:26
    Cowboys- Romo = Sacks:1, Int:1, Fumbles:1, Fumbles Lost:0, TD:4 Passing Yds:247, Rushing Yds:0, Yds Lost:4
    49ers- Dilfer = Sacks:6, Int:2, Fumbles:3, Fumbles Lost:2, TD:2, Passing Yds:209, Rushing Yds:11 Yds Lost:45
    Vikings- T-Jack = Sacks:4, Int:0, Fumbles:1, Fumbles Lost:0, TD:1, Passing Yds:129, Rushing Yds:38 Yds Lost:5

Average for past 4 games:
    Giants Defense= Sacks:3.5, Int:1.5, Fumbles:1.25, Fumbles Lost:0.5, TD:1.75 Passing Yds:240.5, Rushing Yds:12.25, Yds Lost:20

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    The guy had 139.8 passer rating on the day, and almost 40 yards of rushing. How can you call that mediocre?
    Great point V.

Eli screwed the pooch against a somewhat stellar (statistically) pass defense and lost the game. TJ, against the leagues leading pass rush did not.

Props to the RB's, OL, WR's and QB for doing what was needed to be done with no major mistakes that would have cost us the game..
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Best game for TJ by far.... He actually looked like he saw the entire field, which i havent seen him do yet... Saw it a little last week, but this week was alot better..

For all the people saying he only threw of 129 or so yards, well... the dude only threw the ball 12 times... c'mon!!! how many are you supposed to throw for with 12 attempts.. that's a 10 yard average per throw.. i think most QB's would take that average...

If he can be consistent, and play like this, i can see us being a serious threat the rest of the way... I think we should sit AP for another week though...

It'll be scary to see what we can do with another good receiver...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    The guy had 139.8 passer rating on the day, and almost 40 yards of rushing. How can you call that mediocre?

you can go 1/1 with a td and have a 158.3 passer rating.
    does that make you a great qb?
    all it means is you had one good throw, which would be the case here.

take away the sidney rice td and you have 9/12 for 69yds which is by no means special.
    you have to look at the game, and not just the stats to guage a qb.
    some knocks on Tjack from this game that he should improve on:

decisionmaking:
    if he's going to run, then run, if not, don't try.
    so often he gets flushed from the pocket, will start to run, then stutter like he wants to pass, and end up getting sacked.

getting rid of the ball:
    he has absolutely no concept of how long he's back in the pocket.
    How often are you used to seeing Tjack sakced or fumbling?? its not because he has small hands like culpepper, its because he stands back in the pocket forever, waving the ball around for someone to punch out.

looking off the safety:
    on the long pass to sidney, he looked to the left, then went right.
    other times i noticed he locked into one reciever, usually for minimal or no gain.
    often he doesn't look to the left at all during pass plays.

if he could fix those things, he could become pretty good, and these all come with time and practise.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"V" wrote:

take away the sidney rice td and you have 9/12 for 69yds which is by no means special.

decisionmaking:
    so often he gets flushed from the pocket, will start to run, then stutter like he wants to pass, and end up getting sacked.

getting rid of the ball:
    How often are you used to seeing Tjack sakced or fumbling?? its not because he has small hands like culpepper, its because he stands back in the pocket forever, waving the ball around for someone to punch out.

looking off the safety:
    other times i noticed he locked into one reciever, usually for minimal or no gain.

if he could fix those things, he could become pretty good, and these all come with time and practise.

Wrong. You will have 9 of 11. You can look at the 69 yards and see mediocre play but I look at what was achieved with the 69 yards and I see chains being moved putting the team in scoring situations.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hopefully in the coming games they will give TJ a few more throws. 25 of so throws a game would give us more balance and keep the safeties from cheating the line which will open up the field for Peterson.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"V" wrote:

decisionmaking:

getting rid of the ball:

looking off the safety:

I'm not saying he was great, I'm saying he was better than mediocre. Of course there are some areas for improvement, but saying he had a crappy game yesterday is just a lie.

Why does the Sidney TD not count? That makes no sense to me. Analyze his entire game or don't analyze it at all. He made a big play to start the day and give his team an early lead. After that, he played well, completing almost all of his passes and keeping plays alive with his legs. Most importantly, no turnovers.

At least you are willing to give him time to get better.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"V" wrote:

decisionmaking:

getting rid of the ball:

looking off the safety:

I'm not saying he was great, I'm saying he was better than mediocre. Of course there are some areas for improvement, but saying he had a crappy game yesterday is just a lie.

Why does the Sidney TD not count? That makes no sense to me. Analyze his entire game or don't analyze it at all. He made a big play to start the day and give his team an early lead. After that, he played well, completing almost all of his passes and keeping plays alive with his legs. Most importantly, no turnovers.

The Ric TD doesn't count because in order for TJ haters to cling to the belief that he had a crappy game they need to overlook the 60 yard TD pass in which he looked off the safety before making a nice (if slightly under thrown) pass to his WR. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"V" wrote:

decisionmaking:

getting rid of the ball:

looking off the safety:

The Ric TD doesn't count because in order for TJ haters to cling to the belief that he had a crappy game they need to overlook the 60 yard TD pass in which he looked off the safety before making a nice (if slightly under thrown) pass to his WR. ;D
    You know, you made me remember something I was thinking yesterday during the game.......

All most everybody who says that wins and losses are the only stat that matter when it comes to showing improvement must admit that a 5-2 record shows a huge improvement over last year.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Very interesting if any will try to defend that statement.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Unfortunately Marr, they will use this line:
    "TJ didn't do crap in those games. We won those games because of Peterson."

Nothing TJ does matters until he wins without Peterson to them.
    Oh wait.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 ... LastLast