Moss284 is offline Waterboy

Will Smith a Bust?

For some reason I believe that Will Smith DE out of Ohio State will be a bust just like Derrick Alexander. (remember that DE that we drafted in 95 out of FSU?). Ohio State is not known for producing DE's. Name me one good defensive end that came from there??? They say Smith is undersized and gets eaten up by larger O-lineman.

I personally would be happy if we can get Udeze but if he gets picked up by the 19th pick, I would be real happy if the vikes got DJ Williams out of UM. I live in Miami and I've seen this guy play. He's a stud. Vilma is good, but he's a lil slow, but he can sure knock the crap out of you. Williams, is good, strong, and has real good instincts.

If Udeze, Williams and Vilma are gone by 19, I would call up Miami and request a trade for Ogunleye.

What do you guys think???
    I dont care what anyone says... Moss is the best receiver in NFL History!!!

Moss284 is offline Waterboy

Will Smith a Bust?

Well honestly after looking at Will Smiths Combine numbers, he looks pretty good. Wow! I'm impressed...

Smith (6-2½, 267) ran his 40s in 4.58 and 4.62. He did a 38½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-9 long jump and he benched 225 pounds a total of 30 times. A sore ankle prevented him from running the short and long shuttles, but he ran 7.42 in the three-cone drill.

here is the site i got it from...
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#ohiost

Hmmm... I think this guy would fit good in our D-Line...
    I dont care what anyone says... Moss is the best receiver in NFL History!!!

jdvikefan is offline Rookie

Will Smith a Bust?

If a school has a reputation for putting out DE's or not has nothing to do with it. You said it yourself, Derrick Alexander came from a school that has alot of DE's go pro and he was a bust, so I ask you what is your point. Schools that routinly put out pro players do not do so because of the school itself, they do so because they recruit the best players. Think about it, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, USC, Florida when Sprurrier was there, Nebraska when Osborne was there. All these teams had many of players go pro every year, and the 2 things they all had in common, they were always in the top 5 or 10 in the country, and they all got the best recriuts. Will Smith may very well turnout to be a bust, but with combine numbers like that he looks good. And if he is a bust it surely is not because he played at Ohio State.
    bleed purple