Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Smith

Mossville is offline Starter

Will Smith

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Claiborne55

I think that if Udeze, Smith, and Williams are all gone at 19, we should trade down. The only positions we are desperate for is DE and LB, and the last thing we need is a WR. The WR's we have right now are better than every other team in the league, for talent and also for depth. Anyway if one of those three players isnt available at 19 then they should trade down and pick up a few extra first day picks.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ok now your starting to sound like vikeman with all this we have the best WRs in the league talk. Moss is the best WR in the league, but the others are average at best. Holt and Bruce are better than our top 3

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Will Smith

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Claiborne55

I think that if Udeze, Smith, and Williams are all gone at 19, we should trade down. The only positions we are desperate for is DE and LB, and the last thing we need is a WR. The WR's we have right now are better than every other team in the league, for talent and also for depth. Anyway if one of those three players isnt available at 19 then they should trade down and pick up a few extra first day picks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now your starting to sound like vikeman with all this we have the best WRs in the league talk. Moss is the best WR in the league, but the others are average at best. Holt and Bruce are better than our top 3<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, I think that overall, our wide receivers are the best in the league. People can argue that all day, I might be worng, but it doesn't really matter. The point is, I don't think we should even think about drafting a WR until we've gotten at least 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 OL, and maybe some CBs or safeties to help on special teams. We have much more pressing needs than WR.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Will Smith

By the way, I'm not like Vikeman I don't think we have one of the best safety groups in the league, and I don't think there was any chance of having a top 5 defenses last year. I do believe we have the best WRs, the best depth (not talent) at running back, and one of the defenses with the most potential in the league.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Will Smith

I think that Smith could be around at 19, but if he is not then I say that we try to trade for Ogleneye from Miami. D End is our most pressing need now by far, especially with Mixon out for 3-4 games.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Will Smith

i dont think smith or Udeze will be there past 15, so i agree with Tice, move down if you can and get Odom or maybe Babin
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Will Smith

Whether we have the best anything in teh league is all speculation. Whether you want to rely on Stats, logic, and observation like me. Or you want to be a dumbass like someone who disagrees with me.

I'M JUST KIDDING!

Attack me all you want, if you can't attack my logic and reasoning with other logic or reasoning, then your attacks on me mean absolutely "SQUAT".
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Will Smith

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Claiborne55

By the way, I'm not like Vikeman I don't think we have one of the best safety groups in the league, and I don't think there was any chance of having a top 5 defenses last year. I do believe we have the best WRs, the best depth (not talent) at running back, and one of the defenses with the most potential in the league.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No, in the first part of the season our d was ranked in the top 5. A lot and i mean a lot of people thought we would stay that way until opponents figured us out and we had to do a lot of changing on the defensive schemes.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Will Smith

Here's some logic. I've read numerous times that MIxon will pay a $500K fine and not be suspended..let's hope for this....Secondly...St. Louis has the best WR's in the league hands down....Let's wait till Robinson plays before we start comparing us to the Rams....Secondly we do need a Safety, Russel is OK but a liability...we could use an upgrade!!!.....

LASTLY it doesn't matter if we have the best anything in the league...we had the BEST OFFENSE last year and we are picking 19th instead of 20th.....

OH and Claiborne55 just a question? Let's say for some reason Mike williams is there at 19... to much our surprise like Randy Moss was 6 years ago.....You mean to tell me we shouldn't draft him??????? Forgetaboutit!!! Absolutely we should...That's just to say we should pick the best available within reason

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Will Smith

Has Moss ever had a 4 TD day? He might have, but I'm not sure. Robinson has; last year. Now let me defuse the tempers that I just cause to flare up. I'm not saying that Robinson is better thatn Moss. That would be idiotic. I'm saying that a healthy Robinson has the talent to be an excellent receiver across from Moss. When you add in Burleson and Campbell, you have the makings of a very strong receiving corps.

But that should have little to do with the Draft.

I'm a big proponent of the "best player available" style of drafting. If there isn't a player that fits that description (or is very, very close to fitting that description), that you can use, still on the board when it's your turn to pick, then trade down. Get more picks. When you start drafting based on need, that's when you start reaching. You can take positional needs into account if there are a few equal-skilled players availble when you draft. Otherwise, get the player that the teams ahead of you passed on because they were drafting on need. They'll end up wishing they took him.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Will Smith

Robinson is very capable of putting up better numbers than BRuce and being a better Receiver than him. If he can stay healthy and play like he has when he is, We have the best WRs hands down. Moss is better than Holt, and Robinson has the potential to be better than bruce, it all depends on whether he lives up to his potential.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast