Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VYallday is offline Waterboy

Re: Will Peterson play in preseason?

TJ should play atleast 2 full quarters a game and booty should get most of the snaps when hes not in the game..... as far as AP goes i say 20 -30 carries in the preseason would be the smartest thing to do, VERY limited action.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I'm going to want to see Gus get some preseason reps too...just in case TJack gets hurt.
    I don't think Booty will be a better bet in his first year...maybe, but with our running game and defense, just a decent game manager could be pretty successful.
    Whereas, rookie mistakes could kill us in a hurry.

I'm sure we'll get to see some of AP and CT, but not a whole lot.
    We know what those guys bring to the table, and we're going to want to have Hicks up to speed too, and take a long look at our other RBs, HBs, and TEs.
    If we're going to keep 6 WRs, I think the likely cut will be between the FBs and TEs.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

He has to play. It ma not be as much as most of the starters but he will play. I do think there will be other platyers that will get a chance to playing time at other positions with the first team just to see what they can do. I think it will be at WR, TE and DL

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Has a star player ever been held out of all the pre-season games?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    Has a star player ever been held out of all the pre-season games?
    That's a good question. IDK. How many carries did CT have last year? He wasn't held out all preseason, but he did not see much time.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    I agree with most that he needs to get practice at pass blocking with full contact.

Plus, I would like to see him as a receiver too.
    I would love to see more screen passes or checkdowns, getting AD in space.
    If he could become more of a WCO pass catcher like Roger Craig (see stats below), I can't imagine what teams would do.

Rec Yds
    1988 76 534
    1987 66 492
    1986 81 624
    1985 92 1,016
    1984 71 675

The fact that with only 19 receptions, but had a 14.1 yard average, shows he is a major threat in space.
    Absolutely. The problem is that he has never been used a receiver, so he has limited skillz in that department. I'm sure that is what he has been focusing in the offseason(blocking, catching). When he develops these skillz, our offense will become unpredictable and look scary!!
    What I really want to see is both Chester and Adrian in the backfield. Talk about unpredictable.
    I remember hearing some where that Childress wants to run a lot more of that, which is the main reason T-Rich was not resigned. They definately would not be able to key in on pass or run that way.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i think the best ting for us to do in the pre-season is

1. run 10-15 running plays with CT + AD maybe 10 of all those with both in
    2. use these times to test out the air attack!! get some swing pass's to the te's/rb's
    3. use this to test the deep ball / slants

but i'd really want to keep some of our best O type plays secret till the season starts.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45531.msg789916#msg789916 date=1212952939]
    he better play
    in the game in baltimore >
    What's in Baltimore? You going to be there?
    yes sir
    Along with a long list of other Fans here, myself included....Will be nice to meet up with you dc...
    same here ned, i cant wait

I'll be the Vikings Fan carrying the BIG STICK !

LOL

[/quote]
    I'll be the drunk one that his kid is lugging around.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VYallday" wrote:
    TJ should play atleast 2 full quarters a game and booty should get most of the snaps when hes not in the game..... as far as AP goes i say 20 -30 carries in the preseason would be the smartest thing to do, VERY limited action.
    Welcome to the site my friend.

Quick question.
    Why would you want your 3 string QB (if he is that) get all the snaps when your starter isn't in there?

Wouldn't you want your number 2 QB to get the majority of snaps so that he is ready to step in if your starter goes down?

My guess is TJ will play a couple of series in the first quarter (except for the 3rd game. Then he will see the first half) and Gus (Thanks Dig ;D) will get the rest of the reps with the starters.

BB, Booty and Wrigth will get sweep up duties and the predominance of the 4th game to show thier prowess on the field.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VYallday" wrote:
    Welcome to the site my friend.

Quick question.
    Why would you want your 3 string QB (if he is that) get all the snaps when your starter isn't in there?

Wouldn't you want your number 2 QB to get the majority of snaps so that he is ready to step in if your starter goes down?

My guess is TJ will play a couple of series in the first quarter (except for the 3rd game. Then he will see the first half) and Brooks will get the rest of the reps with the starters.

BB, Booty and Wrigth will get sweep up duties and the predominance of the 4th game to show thier prowess on the field.

u meen Gus?

i think the beast is getting 2 ya

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast