Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Will Peterson play in preseason?

We all know peterson only know one speed and thats full speed. If he play in preseason the way he play in regular season he can get hurt. Any player can get hurt but this kid wont slow dont for nothing, neither will he go out of bounds. I think it will be too risky to play him in preseason but then again getting him rusty wont be any good. My guess is he will see limited snaps, maybe 5-8 a game.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Will Peterson play in preseason?

He has to learn to block... that involves practicing blocking.
    We all know that is the glaring weakness holding his game back at this point... as far as "running" goes, he's amazing.

He'll see more time than most would think, in my opinion.... I'd expect at least double to triple your expectation of snaps (depending on the game)

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    We all know that is the glaring weakness holding his game back at this point... as far as "running" goes, he's amazing.

He'll see more time than most would think, in my opinion.... I'd expect at least double to triple your expectation of snaps (depending on the game)
    I agree.
    I think he will get a lot of reps during passing plays so that he may improve his blocking before the season really starts.
    Maybe we'll see him catch a few more screens too!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"ThorSPL" wrote:

Ah your right. I can see the passing/run ratio maybe around 65/35 since we know we can run and preseason will see how we are standing and if we can count on it if we are playing catch up. Also to help peterson out with his block like you said.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

I agree.
    I think he will get a lot of reps during passing plays so that he may improve his blocking before the season really starts.
    Maybe we'll see him catch a few more screens too!
    Now this is FINALLY a topic worth discussing. It's been mainly the same stuff for a few weeks.

I think it'll be good to get him out there in a few shotgun situations, throwing a block on the blitzer. Plus, it well add two more benefits:
    -Get our passing game some more intense rehearsal time before the season starts
    -Try out some new play action, or trickery on other ways to use AD
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

My bet is that he will see very few snaps during the pre-season games.
    Two things will add to that....

a.
    I am sure the coaching staff does not want to risk an injury to any of thier starters so they will limit (as they always do) the snaps key starters will see in pre-season.
    b.
    He splits carries with CT and I don't think CT will see many snaps this year either.
    Take the normal pre-season snaps that a team with a single back would get, divide that by two and that is how many he and CT will see.

Great point on is pass blocking but I think now that he's a second year player and had a few chances to try it last year, the coaches can/will use that film/tape in the study sessions to help him with that. No need to take uneccesary risks during meaningless games.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson will see limited action but I like the points of him getting time for pass blocking.

I think TJ should play every minute during preseason. I know this may sound ridiculous but don't you think it would be a good thing?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

as far as TJ goes, I could see him playing for almost the whole first half, but once the other team puts in their 2nd team, continuing to play and light up backups won't really help him.

They will play Frerotte, but he's already used to the speed of the game, so he will probably see the most limited time of all.
    I could see Booty getting as much as 2 full quarters in a game or two.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    as far as TJ goes, I could see him playing for almost the whole first half, but once the other team puts in their 2nd team, continuing to play and light up backups won't really help him.

They will play Frerotte, but he's already used to the speed of the game, so he will probably see the most limited time of all.
    I could see Booty getting as much as 2 full quarters in a game or two.
    I agree....having him play against subpar compitition would not be benificial to his game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Will Peterson play in preseason?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast