Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Will The NFL "Award" Favre To The Vikings For a New Stadium?

[size=13pt]Will The NFL "Award" Brett Favre To The Vikings For a New Stadium?[/size]

by Janean Marti (Analyst)
    bleacherreport.com

July 30, 2008

The Minnesota Vikings have been trying, for quite some time, to convince the Minnesota state legislature and other governmental entities in Minnesota to provide economic aid and development for a new stadium. The Viking franchise has also been frequently mentioned as a candidate to move to L.A...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Will The NFL "Award" Favre To The Vikings For a New Stadium?

I'm sorry my friends.....

If Brett Favre played for the Minnesota Vikings and got them within sniffing distance of the Superbowl, Viking fans would be all hyped up. A hyped up fan base translates to votes for a new stadium. And we all know a politician in pursuit of votes can run a 4.2s 40m and jump higher than LeBron James.
    A hyped up fan base isn't gonna out vote a pissed on tax paying public.
    This still comes down to what/who pocket is being lined and not if Lord Dickhead is putting his hands under Birks ass.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This is so blatantly bogus, you could almost convince me that Bono wrote it....except it lacks the trademark misspelling and grammer errors.

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

If Brett Favre played for the Minnesota Vikings and got them within sniffing distance of the Superbowl, Viking fans would be all hyped up. A hyped up fan base translates to votes for a new stadium. And we all know a politician in pursuit of votes can run a 4.2s 40m and jump higher than LeBron James.
    This still comes down to what/who pocket is being lined and not if Lord Dickhead is putting his hands under Birks jiggly butt.
    True, but a winning season and a super bowl run couldn't hurt the effort.
    Granted, I would rather it happen with someone other than Fav-re under center...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    This is so blatantly bogus, you could almost convince me that Bono wrote it....except it lacks the trademark misspelling and grammer errors.

Caine
    That is what I was thinking. Who the hell comes up with this shit. Next thing you know they will have Madden changing direction and talking positive about his early childhood in Austin and possibly moving back there so he can be closer to Brett's ass.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

This still comes down to what/who pocket is being lined and not if Lord Dickhead is putting his hands under Birks jiggly butt.
    Granted, I would rather it happen with someone other than Fav-re under center...
    The excitement is already there without Lord Dickhead.
    I am sure it will only increase as the season wears on.
    ;D

([s]Marrdro[/s]TJ has a glow of confidence about him this year.
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

sigh... ('._.)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

The excitement is already there without Lord Dickhead.
    I am sure it will only increase as the season wears on.
    ;D

([s]Bollinger has a glow of confidence about him this year.
    ;D)

Lets hope it doesn't come down to that.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    In think this whole thing is one of the funniest soap operas I've ever witnessed. I am eating it up. Just think of the possibilities and the fun the Vikings could have with all of this at the Packer's expense.
    1. The first game of the season would be the largest football TV audience probably EVER! Of course the jersey retirement is over.
    2. Farve hates the Packers so much that when he goes into the Hall of Fame he goes in as a Viking.
    3. The Packer fans will turn on their owners and many will become Viking fans wearing Farve Viking jerseys.
    4. I have a huge Packer fan in my church down here in Kentucky. I can't wait to be able to dig him over this. We all have friends like this.

The only guy I feel sorry for is TJ but he's still young and he will be a great backup for Favre. Don't look at it from the angle of hating Favre even though he is a dickhead. Just think of the FUN we'll have sticking it to the hated Packer fans.
    ;D ;D ;D

You go into the HoF as a player, not part of a team.

For instance, Cris Carter would be in there as Cris Carter: Eagle, Viking, Dolphin.
    They list all the teams they played on

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    In think this whole thing is one of the funniest soap operas I've ever witnessed. I am eating it up. Just think of the possibilities and the fun the Vikings could have with all of this at the Packer's expense.
    1. The first game of the season would be the largest football TV audience probably EVER! Of course the jersey retirement is over.
    2. Farve hates the Packers so much that when he goes into the Hall of Fame he goes in as a Viking.
    3. The Packer fans will turn on their owners and many will become Viking fans wearing Farve Viking jerseys.
    4. I have a huge Packer fan in my church down here in Kentucky. I can't wait to be able to dig him over this. We all have friends like this.

The only guy I feel sorry for is TJ but he's still young and he will be a great backup for Favre. Don't look at it from the angle of hating Favre even though he is a dickhead. Just think of the FUN we'll have sticking it to the hated Packer fans.
    ;D ;D ;D

You go into the HoF as a player, not part of a team.

For instance, Cris Carter would be in there as Cris Carter: Eagle, Viking, Dolphin.
    They list all the teams they played on
    And team(s) to which they made a major contribution are bolded or highlighted or somesuch.

So - Gary Zimmerman will have TWO bold teams on his bust - Denver and the Vikes.
    But someone like Dave Casper would NOT have the Vikings bolded/highlighted on his bust, just listed.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast