Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=35221.msg595051#msg595051 date=1182511135]
    lol
    and this quote as well
    With a young, unproven quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings don’t know what they will get. He showed signs of excellent vision and arm strength in the preseason, but a lack of accuracy late in the season when he took over for Brad Johnson. He has the makings of a younger Mike Vick, but hopefully he’ll stay away from the dog-fighting arenas.
    younger Mike Vick ???
    based on what exactly?
    Don't you know. He's African American, and from the reports of it he can scramble.

    They allways make this lame comparison, and it sickens me
    I pointed the same thing out a while back and people called me a racist.
    :

    WHAT?!?!?! You said the samething?!?!?!
    OH THATS IT, I'M MAD!! ;D Let that pooh roll off your back! Now if you would have said that Blacks cant play QB because they are always think of fried chicken* THEN I might question you, but since you didnt.....




    *I am Black so please don't say anything about ME being racist, unless I am the Black-White supremist from from the Chappelle show
    What if I say that Pat Williams only move because the coaches told him the ball were an oval muffin, does that make me a fatcist.
    As a memeber of AFLAC (All Fats Love Any Cookings) I would be offended!!! But since I am not fat nor is there an AFLAC, I think youre in the clear
    [/quote]

    What a relief.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #12
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    lol
    and this quote as well
    With a young, unproven quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings don’t know what they will get. He showed signs of excellent vision and arm strength in the preseason, but a lack of accuracy late in the season when he took over for Brad Johnson. He has the makings of a younger Mike Vick, but hopefully he’ll stay away from the dog-fighting arenas.
    younger Mike Vick ???
    based on what exactly?
    Don't you know. He's African American, and from the reports of it he can scramble.

    They allways make this lame comparison, and it sickens me
    I pointed the same thing out a while back and people called me a racist.
    :
    He bears little resemblance to Vick. Strong arm, fast, #7 and black....that's about it. Oh, and I think they wear the same face mask.

    Tarvaris is much more of throw first, run second quarterback while Vick is the opposite. Plus, Vick is a better runner than Tarvaris. TJ may have the speed, but I highly doubt he is as elusive as Vick is in the open field.

    They bear a small resemblance, but they are certainly different players and as Tarvaris develops the contrast will be even greater.
    They are pretty much nothing alike as far as their skillset. Tarvaris is a throw first quarterback with the ability to run. Vick is a run first quarterback with the ability to throw. I really don't want to get into this stupid argument again because there's always someone who will come in here and say they are alike.


  3. #13
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=35221.msg595051#msg595051 date=1182511135]
    lol
    and this quote as well
    With a young, unproven quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings don’t know what they will get. He showed signs of excellent vision and arm strength in the preseason, but a lack of accuracy late in the season when he took over for Brad Johnson. He has the makings of a younger Mike Vick, but hopefully he’ll stay away from the dog-fighting arenas.
    younger Mike Vick ???
    based on what exactly?
    Don't you know. He's African American, and from the reports of it he can scramble.

    They allways make this lame comparison, and it sickens me
    I pointed the same thing out a while back and people called me a racist.
    :

    WHAT?!?!?! You said the samething?!?!?!
    OH THATS IT, I'M MAD!! ;D Let that pooh roll off your back! Now if you would have said that Blacks cant play QB because they are always think of fried chicken* THEN I might question you, but since you didnt.....




    *I am Black so please don't say anything about ME being racist, unless I am the Black-White supremist from from the Chappelle show
    What if I say that Pat Williams only move because the coaches told him the ball were an oval muffin, does that make me a fatcist.
    As a memeber of AFLAC (All Fats Love Any Cookings) I would be offended!!! But since I am not fat nor is there an AFLAC, I think youre in the clear
    [/quote]


    I think you just offended insrance companies and ducks.





  4. #14
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

    Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?
    Yes.
    -Sno

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Tarvaris is much more of throw first, run second quarterback while Vick is the opposite. Plus, Vick is a better runner than Tarvaris. TJ may have the speed, but I highly doubt he is as elusive as Vick is in the open field.

    They bear a small resemblance, but they are certainly different players and as Tarvaris develops the contrast will be even greater.
    I don't see how you can say that.  Tarvaris has 2 games of NFL experience and a college career at a lower-level Division I-AA school.  Quite frankly, I don't think any of us have any clue what kind of QB he is.

    =Z=
    And this thread should be locked.
    A previous thread, listing the same article with the same title, exists on this subject.

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

    "Zeus" wrote:

    =Z=
    And this thread should be locked.
    A previous thread, listing the same article with the same title, exists on this subject.
    That one would be this one;

    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&?topic=35 215.msg595276;topicseen#new

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vince Lombardi a Vikings Fan
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:28 AM
  3. Fran Foley a candidate to replace Lombardi
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 08:24 AM
  4. Raiders fire Lombardi
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 06:18 PM
  5. Take That Lombardi...
    By PacNWVike in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 01:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •