Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=35221.msg595051#msg595051 date=1182511135]
    lol
    and this quote as well
    With a young, unproven quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings don’t know what they will get. He showed signs of excellent vision and arm strength in the preseason, but a lack of accuracy late in the season when he took over for Brad Johnson. He has the makings of a younger Mike Vick, but hopefully he’ll stay away from the dog-fighting arenas.
    younger Mike Vick ???
    based on what exactly?
    Don't you know. He's African American, and from the reports of it he can scramble.

They allways make this lame comparison, and it sickens me
    I pointed the same thing out a while back and people called me a racist.
    :

WHAT?!?!?! You said the samething?!?!?!
    OH THATS IT, I'M MAD!! ;D Let that pooh roll off your back! Now if you would have said that Blacks cant play QB because they are always think of fried chicken* THEN I might question you, but since you didnt.....

*I am Black so please don't say anything about ME being racist, unless I am the Black-White supremist from from the Chappelle show
    What if I say that Pat Williams only move because the coaches told him the ball were an oval muffin, does that make me a fatcist.
    As a memeber of AFLAC (All Fats Love Any Cookings) I would be offended!!! But since I am not fat nor is there an AFLAC, I think youre in the clear
    [/quote]

What a relief.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    lol
    and this quote as well
    With a young, unproven quarterback in Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings don’t know what they will get. He showed signs of excellent vision and arm strength in the preseason, but a lack of accuracy late in the season when he took over for Brad Johnson. He has the makings of a younger Mike Vick, but hopefully he’ll stay away from the dog-fighting arenas.
    younger Mike Vick ???
    based on what exactly?
    Don't you know. He's African American, and from the reports of it he can scramble.

:
    He bears little resemblance to Vick. Strong arm, fast, #7 and black....that's about it. Oh, and I think they wear the same face mask.

Tarvaris is much more of throw first, run second quarterback while Vick is the opposite. Plus, Vick is a better runner than Tarvaris. TJ may have the speed, but I highly doubt he is as elusive as Vick is in the open field.

They bear a small resemblance, but they are certainly different players and as Tarvaris develops the contrast will be even greater.
    They are pretty much nothing alike as far as their skillset. Tarvaris is a throw first quarterback with the ability to run. Vick is a run first quarterback with the ability to throw. I really don't want to get into this stupid argument again because there's always someone who will come in here and say they are alike.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"vegasvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=AngloVike link=topic=35221.msg595051#msg595051 date=1182511135]
    lol
    and this quote as well
    younger Mike Vick ???
    based on what exactly?

:

WHAT?!?!?! You said the samething?!?!?!
    OH THATS IT, I'M MAD!! ;D Let that pooh roll off your back! Now if you would have said that Blacks cant play QB because they are always think of fried chicken* THEN I might question you, but since you didnt.....

*I am Black so please don't say anything about ME being racist, unless I am the Black-White supremist from from the Chappelle show
    What if I say that Pat Williams only move because the coaches told him the ball were an oval muffin, does that make me a fatcist.
    As a memeber of AFLAC (All Fats Love Any Cookings) I would be offended!!! But since I am not fat nor is there an AFLAC, I think youre in the clear
    [/quote]

I think you just offended insrance companies and ducks.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Will The Lombardi EVER Reside in a Display Case in MN?
    Yes.
    -Sno

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Tarvaris is much more of throw first, run second quarterback while Vick is the opposite. Plus, Vick is a better runner than Tarvaris. TJ may have the speed, but I highly doubt he is as elusive as Vick is in the open field.

They bear a small resemblance, but they are certainly different players and as Tarvaris develops the contrast will be even greater.
    I don't see how you can say that.  Tarvaris has 2 games of NFL experience and a college career at a lower-level Division I-AA school.  Quite frankly, I don't think any of us have any clue what kind of QB he is.

=Z=
    And this thread should be locked.
    A previous thread, listing the same article with the same title, exists on this subject.

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    And this thread should be locked.
    A previous thread, listing the same article with the same title, exists on this subject.
    That one would be this one;

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&?topic=35 215.msg595276;topicseen#new

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12