Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    bigdogbovy's Avatar
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    532

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    Jimmy is great TE and evn though his blovking is his forte, he is a good runner and reciever. I wholeheartedly disagree with sending him down field. He lacks the speed for that and would then be useless and worn out. To go down field you need speed and route running skills. Jimmy is an excellent safety valve with great hands and good rush after contact. He wasn;t given the franchise tag lightly. And yes he was hosed on the probowl, but that's what happens when your team collapses halfway through the year
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

  2. #22
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    I hate to be a downer, but i don't really see wiggins as that much of an upgrade at receiving TE. He isn't much better at catching the ball, then jimmy is. Don't get me wrong, I don't think jimmy is a great receiving TE either. I don't think we have a chamberlain type of receiving TE on our roster. I have watched wiggins play, and he seems more like the type of receiver jimmy was for us last year. He doesn't do a lot of deep routes over the middle, but more of the shorter dump off pases. I hope I am wrong, but I really don't expect too much from wiggins this season.

  3. #23
    triedandtruevikesfan is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,603

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    Alright, maybe I'm not as smart as I like to think, but isn't that why we have WR's? For the deep balls? Granted I'm not the all-mighty football knowledge girl, but I thought that TE's are for the short dump balls and for blocking... Personally I don't expect huge plays from out TE's I expect them to consistently get us short yardage that we need.

  4. #24
    ohioviking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    78

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    nfl roster has him as TE the only good thing about espn are there power rankings!!!!!!
    a champion is one who gets up even when he cant

  5. #25
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Alright, maybe I'm not as smart as I like to think, but isn't that why we have WR's? For the deep balls? Granted I'm not the all-mighty football knowledge girl, but I thought that TE's are for the short dump balls and for blocking... Personally I don't expect huge plays from out TE's I expect them to consistently get us short yardage that we need.


    Actually we signed him to fill the chamberlain role, which was big plays down the middle of the field. What a TE of that caliber does, is open up the outside of the field more, for moss and robinson, and our other receivers. The reason why daunte had such a hard time finding his wr's last year and why he was always dumping the ball off, was because we didn't have this in our offense. The d could play the outside of the field and not worry much about the middle. This is why the middle was so open when guys like jimmy and moe caught those dumpoff pases. If we want more production from our Wr's, a good place to start is a TE who can go down the seams. Look at the giants for example. Toomer was a decent receiver in the NFL, but when shockey was drafted, tooomer immediately had a great season. He did this, because shockey opened the outside of the field a lot more. I really don't see wiggins as that type or TE. I hope I am wrong though.

  6. #26
    triedandtruevikesfan is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,603

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    alright I get it... thanks for the information muchluv

  7. #27
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    alright I get it... thanks for the information muchluv

    no problem

  8. #28
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    Uh

    Remember the Patriots game-winning drive against the Rams in the Super Bowl?

    Wiggins had 3 crucial catches on that drive. He had crucial catches all throughout the post season. Which makes him a clutch player - you know, like Daunte Culpepper. Oh wait a minute...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  9. #29
    bigdogbovy's Avatar
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    532

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Alright, maybe I'm not as smart as I like to think, but isn't that why we have WR's? For the deep balls? Granted I'm not the all-mighty football knowledge girl, but I thought that TE's are for the short dump balls and for blocking... Personally I don't expect huge plays from out TE's I expect them to consistently get us short yardage that we need.


    Actually we signed him to fill the chamberlain role, which was big plays down the middle of the field. What a TE of that caliber does, is open up the outside of the field more, for moss and robinson, and our other receivers. The reason why daunte had such a hard time finding his wr's last year and why he was always dumping the ball off, was because we didn't have this in our offense. The d could play the outside of the field and not worry much about the middle. This is why the middle was so open when guys like jimmy and moe caught those dumpoff pases. If we want more production from our Wr's, a good place to start is a TE who can go down the seams. Look at the giants for example. Toomer was a decent receiver in the NFL, but when shockey was drafted, tooomer immediately had a great season. He did this, because shockey opened the outside of the field a lot more. I really don't see wiggins as that type or TE. I hope I am wrong though.
    The Pep had a hard time getting it down field last year? What games did you watch? pep lead the NFC in YPA, 3rd in the NFL. In shocky's first year toomers stats barely went up, and last year was his worst since he became a starter. While Brian was a good TE we didn;t need him or the salary he carried. He was lazy, tice gave him a weight to get to and a time to get there and he didn't do it.

    Bottom line is wiggins the answer? he's got good hands. can do the job. not lazy like brian. Is he a probowler? no. But TE's are not intended to go downfield that's not thier role. you can send them downfield from time to time to surprise a D, but TE's especially in our Offensive scheme are blockers and safety valve.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

  10. #30
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Will Kleinsasser Be Our TE or FB this year?

    "bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Alright, maybe I'm not as smart as I like to think, but isn't that why we have WR's? For the deep balls? Granted I'm not the all-mighty football knowledge girl, but I thought that TE's are for the short dump balls and for blocking... Personally I don't expect huge plays from out TE's I expect them to consistently get us short yardage that we need.


    Actually we signed him to fill the chamberlain role, which was big plays down the middle of the field. What a TE of that caliber does, is open up the outside of the field more, for moss and robinson, and our other receivers. The reason why daunte had such a hard time finding his wr's last year and why he was always dumping the ball off, was because we didn't have this in our offense. The d could play the outside of the field and not worry much about the middle. This is why the middle was so open when guys like jimmy and moe caught those dumpoff pases. If we want more production from our Wr's, a good place to start is a TE who can go down the seams. Look at the giants for example. Toomer was a decent receiver in the NFL, but when shockey was drafted, tooomer immediately had a great season. He did this, because shockey opened the outside of the field a lot more. I really don't see wiggins as that type or TE. I hope I am wrong though.
    The Pep had a hard time getting it down field last year? What games did you watch? pep lead the NFC in YPA, 3rd in the NFL. In shocky's first year toomers stats barely went up, and last year was his worst since he became a starter. While Brian was a good TE we didn;t need him or the salary he carried. He was lazy, tice gave him a weight to get to and a time to get there and he didn't do it.

    Bottom line is wiggins the answer? he's got good hands. can do the job. not lazy like brian. Is he a probowler? no. But TE's are not intended to go downfield that's not thier role. you can send them downfield from time to time to surprise a D, but TE's especially in our Offensive scheme are blockers and safety valve.



    Not sure where i said that daunte didn't get the ball downfield last year? I said the reason why he had to dump the ball off so many times to Moe and jimmy, was because the D didn't play the middle of the field. I can't point to a million posts during last season, where fans were complaining about him dumping it off al the time, instead of hitting his receivers. The D could play the outside of the field, where moss, cambell and burleson were most of the time. Again I say a TE like shockey or gonzo, opens up theoutside of the field for the WR's. If you don't like the toomer example, how about KC. Look at their 2 horrible starting WR's. An old jonny morton and eddie kennison. They would be maybe the 3rd or 4th Wr's on our team, yet they are able to get open for trent green pretty easily. Why? because of gonzo. Just watch Cleveland this year, now that they have winslow Jr, I bet one of the WR's has a really big year, probably quincy morgan if he stays healthy.

    Don't know who this brian guy you keep talking about is? Fact is we do need a TE who can go down the seems, and this is exactly why Tice said he signed wiggins, I wasn't the one who said that he was signed for that purpose. Tice wants and expects wiggins to fill the Byron Chamberlain role on this team, which was exactly that, go down the seams of the field and take some coverage off of the outside WR's. If the d still plays outside, the TE will have a big year, like chamberlain did. There needs to be someone who can keep the safeties from sitting on the outside, and that is what TE who goes downfield can do.


    Also for the guy who talked about what wiggins did in the super bowl, i am not saying he isn't clutch or can't catch the ball, you are missing my point. All I am disputing is what tice said, and that is that wiggins will be the downfield threat at TE that chamberlain was for us, and i disagree with that. Wiggins is more of a short yardage TE. This is all I am saying, not that wiggins isn't good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Kleinsasser
    By acman1 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 02:51 AM
  2. Kleinsasser can fly..
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 08:37 PM
  3. Kleinsasser
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
  4. Let's Get Kleinsasser The Ball This Year!
    By Foreman44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 04:16 PM
  5. Kleinsasser
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •