Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Will Jon Gruden be our next head coach?

"Marrdro" wrote:

You think the Chiller just woke up this offseason and said, "Hey, I need a QB"........
    No, I think Wilf and Spielman stepped in and told him they would either bring in BETTER QB's or a new coach and he got the hint.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Comeon my friend, this staff has been trying to fix the QB position since they got here.
    Take a hard look at what has been available since Pepp caught an attitude and Foley screwed the Pooch in his firs (and last draft).
    You mean you would rather have Lienart, Clemens or that headcase Cutler at QB?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    My 2 cents for what its worth?

This is the most talented, well rounded Vikings team to fun out onto the gridiron for a long long time.
    If we had a do-over on the 2006 draft (Rick instead of Foley) things would be different it would even be better.
    How so? The whole key so far to where the team has gotten was the 2007 pick of Adrian Peterson. IMO the biggest problem with the QB was that they kept Jackson and waived Thigpen a few years back.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Chiller and Rickie boy seem to work well together and have made some nice decisions.
    I do see one issue coming up though.
    It appears that Rickie has had a big say in trying to fix some of those 2006 draft issues as he (not the Chiller) was the major voice that brought Sage here and it appears the Chiller is the main voice (as well as the owners) who brought in LNAD.
    It was a large number of FA players brought in at QB, WR and OL in the first 2 seasons that stunted the development of the team, not the draft picks.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    This small issue can/could drive a wedge between the two when it comes to the contract discussions that will have to take place with TJ (Foley/Chiller Pick).
    Unless he is released. Then no problemo

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Question is, does Rickie boy have more pull than the Chiller and will that small issue, along with a 1 and done (in the playoffs) be enough ammo for Rickie to get rid of the Chiller if he feels he needs to go.
    I believe Spielman has more say than Childress.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Long story short, as I said, I think these two work well together.
    I don't see either one of them trying to get rid of the other (even if the TJ contract talks go awry) and the Chiller will get his extension and will be the HC of the "Bowers Hill VA Vikings" next year and for many years to come.
    Could be. Or he might be gone in Dec.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    (One caveat) - I still say his "New" approach to getting a team ready will have this team flat coming out of the gate, when in fact they need to come out and start fast.
    Agreed. It will take 5-6 weeks to get into rythm on offense. Hopefully the defense can keep them undefeated until then.

I think Spielman has done a good job with personnel and we have definitely made some improvements in the personnel department. Keep it up!
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

AKViking is offline Rookie

Guess I'd rather have Cowher or Shannihan. Gruden collects way too many worthless Qbs, which makes him indecisive on which one he should start when. I'd prefer Shannihan, simply for the fact that he has had numerous 1,000+ yard backs and he also drafted a good Qb. Love him or hate him, Cutler has done far more with less than most any other Qb in his class.

"Brad Childress recognized he needed to get a QB this offseason, He recognized the QB he had the past seasons were a hindrance to creating a championship level team."-SoonerBnB

As for Chilli acquiring Favre, and that supposedly showing he recognizes a hindrance... Well, I hope he and/or Bevell show that ability to adapt on game day. My main problem with Chilli is he doesn't seem to recognize that if it don't work the first twelve times.. it needs fixin. I don't give a Floop if you got the game all planned out, when the plan ain't workin, FIX IT! That means he needs to adapt within EACH and every game and/or series! I have yet to see that out of the Vikings since Chilli took over. Hell, I haven't seen it since Billick left. Until our coach can do that the Vikings will not win a S.B.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    No, I think Wilf and Spielman stepped in and told him they would either bring in BETTER QB's or a new coach and he got the hint.
    LOL, yea, thats how FO's really work, at least in Madden.

Spielman brought in his boy (Sage) and the Wilfs/Chiller brought in thier boy (Money Maker LNAD).

My guess is niether one of them is gonna work out.

You mean you would rather have Lienart, Clemens or that headcase Cutler at QB?
    I'm torn on Clemens.
    I still think he might turn into something if he was put in the right scenario.
    Lienart has shown a bit more commitment this year and looks like he is getting it.
    Cutler is still welcome at my door as well but I would ask him what the hell he was doing here first before I let him in.

If I were to rate the kids in that draft I wouldn't rate them much differently than what I had them in my draft....

Cutler
    Clemens
    Lienart
    TJ

(Note: My rating of TJ and Clemens would only be that way cause I knew the Vikes worked them out.
    Had no clue who either one of them were going into that draft otherwise.)

How so? The whole key so far to where the team has gotten was the 2007 pick of Adrian Peterson. IMO the biggest problem with the QB was that they kept Jackson and waived Thigpen a few years back.
    Can't argue that.
    Who drafted Thigpen?

Carefull how you answer.

;D

It was a large number of FA players brought in at QB, WR and OL in the first 2 seasons that stunted the development of the team, not the draft picks.
    What?
    You lost me there.
    Large number of FA players?

Here is a reminder of who/what was brought in at each position.
    Don't see a plethera of QB, WR, or OLmen in there that had the special skills needed to supplant/stunt the development of anybody...... :

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...by+Team&y=2006

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...by+Team&y=2007

Unless he is released. Then no problemo
    Again, what?
    Did you read my post?

I believe Spielman has more say than Childress.
    So do I.

Could be. Or he might be gone in Dec.
    He'll have the full year if in fact he is going anywere.

Agreed. It will take 5-6 weeks to get into rythm on offense. Hopefully the defense can keep them undefeated until then.
    Only if the Wall doesn't get suspended.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

LOL, yea, thats how FO's really work, at least in Madden.
    Not sure what you mean. I have never seen or played madden so you lost me there.

"Marrdro" wrote:

Spielman brought in his boy (Sage) and the Wilfs/Chiller brought in thier boy (Money Maker LNAD).
    They brought them in in both cases because the one that was there can't do the job. Either way competition is good and that is a far cry better than the likes of Bollinger, Holcolm etc.

"Marrdro" wrote:

My guess is niether one of them is gonna work out.
    Which means we will have 3 QB's on the roster who won't work out. That would be a shame and a huge kick in the nutz for the staff to be that incompetent.

"Marrdro" wrote:

I'm torn on Clemens.
    I still think he might turn into something if he was put in the right scenario.
    Lienart has shown a bit more commitment this year and looks like he is getting it.
    Cutler is still welcome at my door as well but I would ask him what the hell he was doing here first before I let him in.

If I were to rate the kids in that draft I wouldn't rate them much differently than what I had them in my draft....

Cutler
    Clemens
    Lienart
    TJ

(Note: My rating of TJ and Clemens would only be that way cause I knew the Vikes worked them out.
    Had no clue who either one of them were going into that draft otherwise.)
    I would rate the last 3 as even because Cutler is the only one who has actually proven to excel at the postition.

"Marrdro" wrote:

Can't argue that.
    Who drafted Thigpen?

Carefull how you answer.

;D
    No problem. Childress drafted him. Who was the dumbass that released him? Careful how you answer that one ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:

What?
    You lost me there.
    Large number of FA players?

Here is a reminder of who/what was brought in at each position.
    Don't see a plethera of QB, WR, or OLmen in there that had the special skills needed to supplant/stunt the development of anybody...... :

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...by+Team&y=2006

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...by+Team&y=2007
    Guys like

QB

McMahon
    Henson
    Bollinger
    Holcolm
    O'Sullivan
    Detmer

WR

Pinkston
    Bethel Johnson
    Travis Taylor
    Ferguson

Most of these guys aren't on your KFFL link so maybe they didn't exist ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:

He'll have the full year if in fact he is going anywere.
    Yes, but if it goes like you think it will with Brett, then Dec will be the end of the season which would make my comment correct ;D

[/quote]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Not sure what you mean. I have never seen or played madden so you lost me there.
    My attempt at humor.
    See, I still suck at it.

They brought them in in both cases because the one that was there can't do the job. Either way competition is good and that is a far cry better than the likes of Bollinger, Holcolm etc.
    But you see, if one were to think deep about it and look at what was available, wasn't the Bollinger and Hocolmbs of the world the best available?

Seriously, we have had this discussion so many times.
    You must agree that the state of the NFL QB hasn't really offered many "Prime" selections now has it.

Which means we will have 3 QB's on the roster who won't work out. That would be a shame and a huge kick in the nutz for the staff to be that incompetent.
    I agree and if one were to really take the negative approach, there are nice points out there that could be used to convince people that that in fact might happen?

LNAD.
    Face it, his arm is older, he took the short route to getting ready, and he has one less tendon.
    Throw in the old rotator cuff injury and you might have a problem for a full schedule.

Sage.
    I tried to be optimistic about this guy, but he looks worse that Gus.
    Seriously, watch his ball fakes (he doesn't even try to get near the RB), watch his footwork in the pocket (he moves so slow).
    And his decision making.......

TJ.
    Can he read a defense?
    What about his down field accuracy?
    Will he throw the ball to the correct read (Can he read defenses)?

I believe alot of people on the Vikings organization are sweating this one.

I would rate the last 3 as even because Cutler is the only one who has actually proven to excel at the postition.
    Kindof feel the same way, however, I reserve the right to change that after this season.
    I wanna see what he does with a OL that can't consistently provide him a pocket (keep him on his feet) and a marginal set of WR's (can't get separation).

Might revert to a TJish kindof production level.

No problem. Childress drafted him. Who was the dumbass that released him? Careful how you answer that one ;D
    Foley drafted him, but only after Studwell and the Chiller got in a shouting match with him for missing on Cutler and Clemens.

Spielman released him, but only because the Coaching staff told them to.
    What Spielman should have known was that someone had thier eyes on him.

Guys like

QB

McMahon
    Henson
    Bollinger
    Holcolm
    O'Sullivan
    Detmer

WR

Pinkston
    Bethel Johnson
    Travis Taylor
    Ferguson

Most of these guys aren't on your KFFL link so maybe they didn't exist ;D
    Pay close attention to the catagory I searched on KFFL.

Yes, but if it goes like you think it will with Brett, then Dec will be the end of the season which would make my comment correct ;D
    Sort of, however, I think TJ is gonna save the season.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikefantam is offline Rookie

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    My two choices would be

The chin - Bill Cower
    OR
    Mike Shanahan

in that order!
    I like Cowher - he had good players but also seemed to be able to do a lot with a little.
    I would pass on Shanahan.
    However, at least on paper, the Vikes look pretty good.
    If he has another winning season, I think the Bald Eagle will be here to stay for at least another year.
    Tammy

Articnv is offline Coach

rather have the chin gruden just inherited a team dungy built

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Articnv" wrote:
    rather have the chin gruden just inherited a team dungy built
    You are correct in that, except Dungy could not seem to get that team over the hump. Gruden won the super bowl with that squad, but lost two 1st round picks through no fault of his own. Dungy won the SB when he inherited a Jim Mora squad. Mora couldn't get them there. Callahan inherited a Gruden built team and took them farther than gruden could.
    It is tough to discredit a coach who wins the Super Bowl
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456