Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Will Johnson start the entire season?

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Whats the fn point of even bringing this topic up again? All everyone does on here is argue the same ideals they argued last months and the month before that and the month before that about the same thing. Nobody every listens to facts on this sight every one is just all about speculation. If you want to argue about BJ some more just pull up one of the old threads about it, this is starting to get as bad all the the 1 million Daunte threads.
    It's the same thing every offseason. Groundhog day with a repeating cycle of threads. Probably has something to do with new members bringing up the obvious topics that people are interested in discussing and not knowing there are dozens of threads discussing this already. Put that in combination with our minds deteriorating during the offseason and this is what you get.

We are in

for at least another month. There is no escape.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

I see him starting 19 games this year and winning the final one of the season :wink:

Keep the faith brothers.
    I.B.O.T. #213

Del Rio Guest

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Whats the fn point of even bringing this topic up again? All everyone does on here is argue the same ideals they argued last months and the month before that and the month before that about the same thing. Nobody every listens to facts on this sight every one is just all about speculation. If you want to argue about BJ some more just pull up one of the old threads about it, this is starting to get as bad all the the 1 million Daunte threads.
    The only thing worse then groundhog day threads is people who bitch about it every time it comes up.

It's pretty simple we have new members here all the time. If it stresses you out that they bring up old subjects, if it frustrates you just pass them by.

That's what is cool about message boards, most threads have a title. If you read the title or even the first post and realize it is the same old story you move along to something that interests you. Pretty easy.

Bitching about it is pointless. That's like bitching at a 7 year old for not knowing how to do math because you taught his dad, and his grandpa, and his great grandpa. Some of these topics are fresh for the new people or people who didn't have the chance to hash through them before.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

If TJ starts at all during this season, something went terribly wrong.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"baumy300" wrote:
    I don't think he will either be healthy enough, or effective enough to play the whole season.

Nothing against him. He has had a great career, but in his later years his arm has dropped to that of a pop warner QB.

He can read a D as good as Jesus, but when he can't throw the ball farther than 20 yards, we are going to have problems.

Does anyone else think letting him start the season and then throwing Tarvaris in the mix later on is a good idea?

I'm all for it. If Jackson is out QB of the future, the best way to teach him is by experience.

Share your thoughts.
    Yes, but can he turn water into wine? ok... guess so. How about heal the....darn it he can that too. Wait a minute...... is he actually Jesus? Needs investigating. I'm on it!! *Theme music*

I think he'll start the whole year and we should only throw T-JACK in when we have an extremely comfortable lead. If he holds his own a couple of games, and BJ is worn out, and we are either solidly in or out of the playoffs, then give him some starts. I'd rather see some young gun play and learn than give it to any of the other guys. I respect those guys (McMahon, O'Sul) but the faster we groom T-Jack, the better. BJ won't last forever.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Revamped offensive line..........check.

Pro Bowl FB known for his ability to block..............check.

If you think Brad Childress brought in all this talent for protection instead of spending that money on a free agent QB which there were tons for the purpose of starting an unproven rookie that wasn't even projected in the 1st round then your fooling yourself.

This offense has been built around brad and for brad. Childress wants to win and win now. Tavaris is here to learn from Brad.

Next season? That is a different story.
    I think Del Rio has a great point. I was really stoked when I heard we got Tony Richardson at FB. I think our pass protection will be above average at least, which will keep Brad Johnson healthy...

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Why are we still hated by all the press even after we make some great deals (i.e Richardson, Hutchinson). I mean come on.... They just glance over it. "Yes the Vikes had a strong offseason, BUT they suck" Why? I want to rip the face off of every sports analyst who does that....which is everyone of them.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Big C is offline Coordinator

If I am not mistaken:

John Elway won his first super bowl when he was 37.
    John Elway won his second super bowl when he was 38.
    Brett Favre took the Pack to the playoffs when he was 35 and 36.

He will finish the season. After all he played 9 games last season with a REALLY BAD offensive line.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Big C" wrote:
    If I am not mistaken:

John Elway won his first super bowl when he was 37.
    John Elway won his second super bowl when he was 38.
    Brett Favre took the Pack to the playoffs when he was 35 and 36.

He will finish the season. After all he played 9 games last season with a REALLY BAD offensive line.

Wow great post man. Like Del also said...this team is built around Brad and built well.Imagine what we're capable of if we finally find are running game.Which I think we have with the additions of Hutch,Richardson, and Taylor.We where a very lucky team to get him last offseason.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

coreyd is offline Coach

If I had to give an award to someone who has quality posts each and every time it would be DEL RIO!! I love reading your posts man. I dont always agree, but you always make a good point.

His posts are the kind that keep me coming back. Well, Cajun to, but for different reasons. lol

Keep it up brother!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast