Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I would hope that since Allen went along to the dinner to recruit Jennings that he is thinking of staying here. Call it a hunch but I think the Vikings will get Allen a new deal this season to lock him up for 5 years.
    I really hope they get it done sooner than later, I think the thing that is really screw thinks up is the current value these guys are being assigned with the current cap, guys that got 10 to 12 sacks 6 years ago where wanted on the market, now there out on the market waiting or getting a pay cut like Elvis to stay where they are...unless a fax gets him released

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I really hope they get it done sooner than later, I think the thing that is really screw thinks up is the current value these guys are being assigned with the current cap, guys that got 10 to 12 sacks 6 years ago where wanted on the market, now there out on the market waiting or getting a pay cut like Elvis to stay where they are...unless a fax gets him released
    Allen had 12 sacks last year. 78 sacks the in his 5 years with the Vikings. He did just turn 30 though.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Allen had 12 sacks last year. 78 sacks the in his 5 years with the Vikings. He did just turn 30 though.
    The other guy to keep an eye on over the next year is Julius Peppers at 33 he has the same cap hit as Allen and the Bears have asked him to take a pay cut to get some cap room to pay Melton's tag number, now Peppers isn't a free agent until 2016 and has a hefty salary until then but where they really might need the space in the very near future is with Jay Cutler who is a free agent in 2014. Not sure if the Bears would release Peppers this year and what signing bonus carryover they would be hit with but next year they might have too. Salary cap is projected to remain flat in 2014 and increase in 2015.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12