Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Will Jackson be good enough to win the SB?

[size=13pt]Wilf rolls dice on trade, on Jackson[/size]

Jared Allen would be quite a catch for the Vikings, but a team's championship hopes will always live and die with the quarterback.

By Kevin Seifert, Vikings Insider
    startribune.com

Last update: April 23, 2008 - 1:33 AM

So in reality, here is what the Vikings were thinking Tuesday night: Tarvaris Jackson will be good enough in 2008 that we feel comfortable making an enormous investment toward winning the Super Bowl right now.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: With the Allen trade done, Will Jackson be good enough to win the SB?

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Wilf rolls dice on trade, on Jackson[/size]

Jared Allen would be quite a catch for the Vikings, but a team's championship hopes will always live and die with the quarterback.

By Kevin Seifert, Vikings Insider
    startribune.com

Last update: April 23, 2008 - 1:33 AM

So in reality, here is what the Vikings were thinking Tuesday night: Tarvaris Jackson will be good enough in 2008 that we feel comfortable making an enormous investment toward winning the Super Bowl right now.....
    I sure hope that he is.
    He has the best running back tandem in the NFL to compliment him.
    He has his deep threat in Berrian now.
    He is backed by one of the best defenses in the NFL.
    It is all on TJack now.
    Let's hope he can do it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If he isn't, we are at least in the best shape at backup we have been since the ownership change.

It is refreshing not going into the season with the likes of McMahon, O'Sullivan,Bollinger,Holcolm etc. as the guys competing for the 1 and 2 spots.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Still find it funny that we see stuff like this.

Arguably the best moment in time for he Vikes in a while and we go beat a dead horse.

Of course he will be better.
    The team won 8 games with him under center last year in a throw away year designed to get him reps/experience right along with the other youngsters.

He is up in Winter Park as we speak burning the midnight oil looking at game film with the coaches and and throwing/working with his recievers.

What the hell more do they want out of the kid.
    Brother.
    >
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:

Arguably the best moment in time for he Vikes in a while and we go beat a dead horse.

The team won 8 games with him under center last year in a throw away year designed to get him reps/experience right along with the other youngsters.

He is up in Winter Park as we speak burning the midnight oil looking at game film with the coaches and and throwing/working with his recievers.

Brother.
    >
    LOL, I couldn't agree with you more...

Remember, the people who are best able to judge TJack's ability (the Vikes coaches/FO) are the same people who just went out and signed 3 BIG name FA's.
    The Vikes have broken open the piggy bank.
    They wouldn't have done that if they believed this was a throw away year like last year (remember how inactive we were last year).
    To me, that says the people that know TJack's abilities and progress best, are the same people who spent this money, indicating they believe we can win this year, and I believe we can win a LOT this year.
    SB here we come!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Brother.

>

Remember, the people who are best able to judge TJack's ability (the Vikes coaches/FO) are the same people who just went out and signed 3 BIG name FA's.
    They wouldn't have done that if they believed this was a throw away year like last year (remember how inactive we were last year).
    To me, that says the people that know TJack's abilities and progress best, are the same people who spent this money, indicating they believe we can win this year, and I believe we can win a LOT this year.
    SB here we come!
    Inactive or inept?
    For the money they spent on Shiancoe last season the Vikings could have gotten someone that could have actually helped the team.

achilton87 is offline Waterboy

Does anyone remember not long ago when the Bears fielded Rex Grossman as the quarterback and Berrian as reciever? They didnt win but they got to the super bowl.

Lets see how the season starts out...

I for one think we made a good trade (if he doesnt think that he can slow down now because he got the money).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Brother.

>

SB here we come!
    Inactive or inept?
    For the money they spent on Shiancoe last season the Vikings could have gotten someone that could have actually helped the team.
    And you don't think that maybe just maybe the OL issues last year along with the fact that he was in a new system might have skewed his output a bit?

I do.
    Shanc with be fine this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Brother.
    >
    LOL! You derived all that out of this?

Jackson has been hard at work all offseason, working on his decision-making and learning to avoid turnovers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If he isn't, we are at least in the best shape at backup we have been since the ownership change.

It is refreshing not going into the season with the likes of McMahon, O'Sullivan,Bollinger,Holcolm etc. as the guys competing for the 1 and 2 spots.
    Absolutely!
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast