Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will It Be Feast Or Famine For Vikings On Sunday?

If we can't beat Fat Denny, the hyenas will eat our dead carcass the rest of the year.

Purple Herring is offline Training Camp

"Del" wrote:

I will also say do not put too much stock into a guy who earlier this week stated that Mike Tice had a winning record for all three years he coached here and the Vikings are the only team in the NFL that can claim that. When Mike coached here 4 years, barely managed a winning record for two of those and teams like the Broncos had winning records for all 4 years he was here.
    Apologies if I miscounted an ONE other NFL team managed winning records in all of the last three seasons. The record still stands up pretty well.

The Patriots barely managed two of their superbowl wins but they still count, don't they?

How about the wins Childress "barely managed" earlier this season. If you want to be picky, what would our record be this season without those?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Purple" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I will also say do not put too much stock into a guy who earlier this week stated that Mike Tice had a winning record for all three years he coached here and the Vikings are the only team in the NFL that can claim that. When Mike coached here 4 years, barely managed a winning record for two of those and teams like the Broncos had winning records for all 4 years he was here.

Apologies if I miscounted an ONE other NFL team managed winning records in all of the last three seasons. The record still stands up pretty well.

The Patriots barely managed two of their superbowl wins but they still count, don't they?

How about the wins Childress "barely managed" earlier this season. If you want to be picky, what would our record be this season without those?

The NFL includes all 32 teams & there was more than one that finished at .500 or better in the last 3 years. Vikings went 8-8 in 2004, so if your including .500 records, in the last 3 years those teams would be;

Patriots
    Bengals (two 8-8 seasons)
    Colts
    Broncos
    Vikings (one 8-8 season)
    Seahawks

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Purple" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

How do you barely manage to win the superbowl?
    It's f-ing hard to do.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Famine.

No passing offense. Not much running offense. The worste passing defense I've ever wittnessed.

But, who knows? That's why we gotta play the game. Maybe this is where we win a bunch and screw up our draft pick.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Nothing has changed since last week. Unless CHildress has figured out how to get the Oline to play better, how to score TDs, better red zone play or 3rd down conversions. Can the D finally put pressure on the QB? Can our Cbs actuallly cover?

Odds are after how bad we have played, 4 losses in a row, stupid turnovers, that we will get a win. But Im betting we will loose again. Prolly by alot this time.

Vikes 10 Cards 24

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Defensive Tackle Kevin Williams, content that he's earning his keep, would essentially agree with Johnson's assessment. "I'm here to play defense. I can't speak about what's going on over there." [Read: it's the offense, stupid.] "I mean, they got to adjust and make the change. They need to."

Taking that tact one degree further, Defensive End Darrion Scott suggested "If our defense could score just a bit more we could give our offense a better chance to get it going."
    What does KWill mean by "make the CHANGE?"

Quarterback?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Defensive Tackle Kevin Williams, content that he's earning his keep, would essentially agree with Johnson's assessment. "I'm here to play defense. I can't speak about what's going on over there." [Read: it's the offense, stupid.] "I mean, they got to adjust and make the change. They need to."

Taking that tact one degree further, Defensive End Darrion Scott suggested "If our defense could score just a bit more we could give our offense a better chance to get it going."
    What does KWill mean by "make the CHANGE?"

Quarterback?
    If that is the change KWill wants I hope he gets it, because the offense definitely need to the make change, like oh 3 or 4 weeks ago.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Nothing has changed since last week. Unless CHildress has figured out how to get the Oline to play better, how to score TDs, better red zone play or 3rd down conversions. Can the D finally put pressure on the QB? Can our Cbs actuallly cover?

Odds are after how bad we have played, 4 losses in a row, stupid turnovers, that we will get a win. But Im betting we will loose again. Prolly by alot this time.

Vikes 10 Cards 24
    if we lose again, for the fifth time in a row, against the Cardinals, I could very well die. Heart broken, shattered, caput, done, gone. When's the offseason start? When's the draft? Rest of the season? What rest of the season? The season is dead to me, dead, done, and gone; finito, adios. It would be a sad, sad day.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12