Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Will Erin Henderson & Jaymar Johnson Make The Team?

[size=13pt]Purple Haze 6/20: Will Erin Henderson Make The Team? [/size]

Reported by: Phil Mackey
    Email: [email protected]
    kfan.com

Last Update: 6/20 2:07 pm

For those unfamiliar, Henderson was signed by the Vikings as an undrafted free agent after seven rounds worth of teams passed on the young linebacker, primarily because of injury concerns (knee issues last few years).....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will Erin Henderson & Jaymar Johnson Make The Team?

I think that those two will beat out Circiu and Fergy unless the Vikes end up putting Erin on IR this season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Henderson: Yes
    Johnson: No
    I believe that Darius Reynaud will beat him out. I don't understand JJ's appeal. e is a speedster that didn't dominate his level of weeker compitition. Then we have Reynaud that Dominated his level of competition( in a very run heavy offense)

JJ seems to being looked at as a Return man. However, Reynaud is 10 times the return man that JJ appears to be. I hope JJ is moved to the practice squad and Reynaud beats out Ferge....After all that 20 bench press is impressive and might indicate that he is an excellent down field blocker.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Henderson No unless they keep 7 LB's
    Ciurciu and Farawell are our special teams studs. Chilly loves those kind of guys. Plus we also have Rufus Alexander that could very well be in the mix as well.

JJ I would like to make the team, But it may come down to a numbers game as well. His will be based on if he can show what he has for special teams.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I believe that Darius Reynaud will beat him out. I don't understand JJ's appeal. e is a speedster that didn't dominate his level of weeker compitition. Then we have Reynaud that Dominated his level of competition( in a very run heavy offense)

JJ seems to being looked at as a Return man. However, Reynaud is 10 times the return man that JJ appears to be. I hope JJ is moved to the practice squad and Reynaud beats out Ferge....After all that 20 bench press is impressive and might indicate that he is an excellent down field blocker.
    Tjack didn't dominate at his level of competition either. And how many guys dominated at their level and are not in the NFL?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:

It doesn't surprise me you don't understand JJ's appeal. First off I would like to explain how JJ was actually drafted and ranked higher by our orginization, this proven because he was actually drafted him while Reynod was UFA. I like Reynod, I like his strength but as far as a natuaral football player, work ethic and attitude I give the advantage to JJ. JJ runs a very nice route, he's in and out of cuts quick and he has a knack for returning punts. He's probably the most talented punt returner we've had on our squad in years. I believe that two or three years in our weight room in the offseason programs JJ can turn into a great return man for us and a productive WR.

I think thats quite argueable, when drafting JJ Childress said he likes what he does in terms of returning the ball, if we were looking for a return man and Reynod was ten times the player I think he would have been drafted.

After all is said and done it will be very very difficult to make these cuts, I would like to keep both JJ and Reynod but this is unlikely to happen and I don't think either of them would clear waivers for the practice squad.

Erin Henderson on the other hand has more of an up field battle to make the squad, he's got very heavy competition there and I'm very high on Rufus Alexander who we are yet to see but was a 5th round selection. He's all over the field with his intesity and motor. This is an extremely intrisiting position to predict. Vini is a guy who started off slow but then started coming on after the injuries were dealt with. In the end the staff will do whats best for the team.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Tjack didn't dominate at his level of competition either. And how many guys dominated at their level and are not in the NFL?
    And TJack hasn't really proven anything in this level either.
    a better example would be Troy Williamson.
    He dominated in hes level in a run heavy offense, and look how he ended up.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

And TJack hasn't really proven anything in this level either.
    a better example would be Troy Williamson.
    He dominated in hes level in a run heavy offense, and look how he ended up.
    TJack has proven he's capable of winning games on this team. Last year he was an 8-4 starter in his first season in action. Granted he showed the expeceted tendencies of a young QB he also showed glimpses of being a very solid QB. As he develops as a QB we are expecting him to become the consitent QB he's meant to be.

How good can Tarvaris be? He can be as good as those very bright moments he had in first year. Once he gets on the consistent track things will change. In order to get on the consistent track he needs some help from his surrounding teamates. Previous experience will also help dramaticly, continuety is huge and we've been unable to ubtain this but with guys like Cook, Herrera, Hutchison, Berrian, Rice, Topeh, Peterson, and Chester we are starting to gain some continuety. This is underated by most but goes for our coaching staff too, especailly the offensive side. I believe we have good reason to be exited for year 3 in the Childress era.

By the way there wasn't anyone else as pissed as me when we drafted Troy, when the possible rumors of Troy being drafted so early were afloat I cringed. His production was nothing specail but he's a great track and field guy which lead to him being drafted so very high. Thanks to Mike Tice, there was obvious homework that went untouched in this decision.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Actually T-Jack had an extremely good season at Alabama state before he was drafted.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I think both have a shot, and it will come down to how well they play in preseason and training camp.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast