Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Will Donny Redeem Himself

Will McNabb have a break out game this Sunday, or will he put up another mediocre performance? Secondly, if not this Sunday will he put it together before he gets yanked at the bye week (just my hunch, nothing scientific) if his play doesn't improve?

What do you think fellas? This is not a pro or con Donny thread, just a general prediction for fun thread.
    Last edited by battleaxe4cheese; 10-06-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Gift2 is offline Training Camp
    I think we are in for mediocre from the entire team minus the few stars we have. I think we've seen what McNabb can do, he is not to blame but he also can't pull us out of the muck, no one on this roster can. Ponder will be tor apart if we rush him in there, maybe Webb can offer a change of pace that would give people a little hope. I wish this wasn't the case but I believe it is.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13700&dateline=131777  2416

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I'm not sure if this will be the week, but he will have a good game somewhere down the line, and people will rejoice... for a week.

Then it will be back to more of the same, and he'll be cursed even more loudly for raising false hopes.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Gift2 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    and he'll be cursed even more loudly for raising false hopes.
    I can already hear it. It always saddens me when great players who have had great careers end this way. RE: Warren Moon
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13700&dateline=131777  2416

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    There's nothing wrong with mediocre from him. But mediocre is better than he's been doing.

You were all content with Mediocre from TJ. You loved the mediocre game Webb gave us.

Behind our line, throwing to our receivers, Mediocre should be our highest expectation.

I'm hoping that given time, he'll adjust to our receivers, and they'll get in sync. I said he gets 3 weeks before the chiefs game until I call for Poner, I stand by that. he has two more games to start playing effective ball. We don't need 300 yard 4 TD games, 190, 1td is fine so long as we can get a win.

Think back to the first few weeks Favre was here. Under 200 yards both times, 1 td a game, but our run game and D could finish up for us. We didn't need alot from the QB, and we got the win. If we do that, I'm happy. If he stinks, and we give up on the run again, I'm not happy.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    What we need he no longer has. The sooner the coaches accept this reality the sooner the team can start looking to the future.

I'm kind of torn...on one hand I want him to succeed because he seems like a genuinely nice guy. On the other hand he has fallen rapidly in the last 3 years and has shown me nothing to make me think he's going to miraculously pull out of the dive.

I still think he plays going into the bye week, and that will be the last of Donny if poor play continues until then.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Will Donny Redeem Himself
    YES!

He now finally admits he couldn't have done it without Marie

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I'm not sure if this will be the week, but he will have a good game somewhere down the line, and people will rejoice... for a week.

Then it will be back to more of the same, and he'll be cursed even more loudly for raising false hopes.
    This ^^^^^^

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    What we need he no longer has. The sooner the coaches accept this reality the sooner the team can start looking to the future.
    Continuing to play for him IS looking to the future.

LUCK, LUCK, LUCK!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast