Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Will Culpepper be the starter?

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Daunte starting against the Vikings in week 11. I know he has recently been sat due to the "health of his knee", but do you think that Harrington will end up keeping the job and send Culpepper permantely to the bench?
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Prophet Guest

Re: Will Culpepper be the starter?

It has been stated in numerous articles that Saban still considers Pussyboy as the long-term QB answer.
    He will be back in the mix when he regains his mobility according to the latest word from Saban.

Del Rio Guest

"ballhog27" wrote:
    I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Daunte starting against the Vikings in week 11. I know he has recently been sat due to the "health of his knee", but do you think that Harrington will end up keeping the job and send Culpepper permantely to the bench?
    Saban said he was on the bench until he felt better then he was the starter. If Joey can string together a few wins I think it will be hard to put pepper in. Otherwise I think you can count on seeing pepper against us.

If Joey struggles Culpepper will play.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

There's a scout article on the spammers website today that says Saban may consider putting C-pep on injured reserve.
    Apparently he didn't follow through with his re-hab and therefore his knee never heeled correctly.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/578906.html

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Prophet Guest

They listened to fragile ego boy and started him way too early.

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

I just remember hearing alot of people saying "oh snap" after they saw Daunte taking drops on his knee before spring training. They thought we had made a mistake getting rid of him. Like he was going to have a T.O. type of recovery from an injury that supposively takes a year to a year and a half to recover from. I think that the Vikings should have a easy game playing either Joey or Daunte. Daunte would throw the picks and Joey would just hold on the ball to long.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper still team's quarterback "of the future" - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:44:22 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban still sees QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) as the team's quarterback "of the future," and he hopes Culpepper can return this season. Culpepper said he was fine with the decision and felt Saban was doing his best to protect him. "Everything that's good for you doesn't always feel good for you," Culpepper said. "I have to say thank you to Coach Saban because in this situation he's really protecting me and doing what's best for the team."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Culpepper injury update - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:31:23 -0700

Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) is undergoing extensive rehabilitation on his injured knee and will serve as the club's third-string quarterback for at least the next two games. QB Joey Harrington has already been named the starter for Week 6.

==========================================

I sure hope Daunte is playing.
    That would make for better entertainment.
    I have been looking forward to the Seahawks and Dolphins games all year.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I hope Peppy La'pue does play against us, so Sharper can pick him 3 or 4 times.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Just seeing him the little I did in preseason was enough to see his knee and confidense were no where near where they needed to be to play NFL QB. I cannot understand how the coaching staff failed to see or act on it sooner. They are just lucky he did not damage it again out there.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Either way we are are going to destroy that pathetic team!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast