Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will Cris carter make the HOF this year?

Quote Originally Posted by "VikingMike" #1089120
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089048
    Maybe if the Vikings would actually win a few SB's instead of building teams to get close then they would get some respect nationally. Seriously- You look at teams like the packers, Steelers, Pats etc and they are going to have guys get in with lesser stats than some teams that did not win the big one and that is the way it is.

Yes, you are right. Carter should have made it by now, and IMO would have if he/we had won a SB win. There's no doubt it enters the minds of the voters, who are listed here: NFL HOF Selection Committee

And I may be wrong, but I really don't think Sid does a good job talking up our guys.
    Sid didn't present for Carter (or Doleman). It was Mark Craig of the Star Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/115387809.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUoD3aPc:_o8P77U

As a member of the committee, I can't reveal anything specific that was said in the meeting about any of the candidates. I presented the cases for Carter and Doleman, and voted for them. I also presented the cases for Randall McDaniel and John Randle, who were selected the past two years.

I can say there was, like last year, a lengthy discussion overall on the receivers and how Carter, Brown and Reed compared with each other in a number of ways, including postseason play. There also was much discussion about what in fact constitutes a Hall of Fame receiver when one isn't a slam-dunk pick like Jerry Rice was last year.

Let's just say the logjam at receiver continues and is sure to resurface in 2012 in Indianapolis.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1089028
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089010
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1087427
    And I don't think either of the veteran's committee guys will make it. C'mon - Chris Hanburger??

=Z=
    Maybe its just cause he is a Hampton Crabber and from our area that I know of him and have done a bit of studying on him, but Chris has one hell of a resume when it comes to HOF credentials.

Not sure about you, but I like it when a couple of old timers get the nod. Fun to look over a career that you didn't even know existed.
    You realize a that every single year a "couple of old timers" get voted into the HOF. I'ts a requirement.
    I am well aware of what happens each year at this time, unless of course you are asking Z.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1089119
    what irks more is that Sanders get in as a first ballot inductee.. then again somewhere that includes Michael Irvin as a member is probably a club that you might not want to belong to.
    I hear ya on Irvin but you don't think Deon should have been a "First Ballot" guy?

If you can get past the "Persona" and focus on his play, I'm not sure why you wouldn't agree with me that he deserved it.

I remember one time when he was a Falcon. No one would throw to his side so he came up with a trick were he would run 2 or 3 steps away from his receiver in order to get a throw and still close the space and get the ball.

Absolutely amazing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Top 10 hands, NFL network. #1 Cris Carter.

Still not in the Hall. It's a freakin joke.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345