Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Will the Cardinals Trade Larry Fitzgerald to the Vikings in 2008?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Fitzgerald is one of the best WRs in the game and would help our passing attack for sure.
    Constant double teams would mean one less player in the box to defend our running game, which mean a lot more 150+ yard running days than we've been getting lately.
    They could still do things like a cover 3 or a man to man with 1 safety deep who could cheat over/help out if necessary.

Again, although he is a great talent and a MN native, and a sure fan favorite, not sure how much he would help if we don't have a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

True, but I guess we'd all hope Tarvaris somewhat resembles an NFL QB in his third season.
    As you have noticed, I am off TJ being anything but a bit more improved coming into next season but still a project.

The front office will have to convince me that they are going into another developmental year for me to buy into him starting.

OR....

The front office will have to bring in a competent Vet that can really provide a challenge for the starting job.
    Now that my bubble was burst over Sorgi and the contract extension I am revisiting who will suffice to fill that role.
    ;D
    Like some other people were saying on here I wish we wouldn't bring in a QB that would compete, but a QB that would start.
    Although I still think Chad Penington is going to be a Viking by the start of next season.

Anyways we don't need Larry.
    We have too many holes elsewhere to be handing over anything more than ONE first round pick, and in that case why not use that first and go get Mcnabb who will improve our receivers more than Larry will improve T-Jack.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Fitzgerald is one of the best WRs in the game and would help our passing attack for sure.
    Constant double teams would mean one less player in the box to defend our running game, which mean a lot more 150+ yard running days than we've been getting lately.
    They could still do things like a cover 3 or a man to man with 1 safety deep who could cheat over/help out if necessary.

Again, although he is a great talent and a MN native, and a sure fan favorite, not sure how much he would help if we don't have a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

True, but I guess we'd all hope Tarvaris somewhat resembles an NFL QB in his third season.
    As you have noticed, I am off TJ being anything but a bit more improved coming into next season but still a project.

The front office will have to convince me that they are going into another developmental year for me to buy into him starting.

OR....

The front office will have to bring in a competent Vet that can really provide a challenge for the starting job.
    Now that my bubble was burst over Sorgi and the contract extension I am revisiting who will suffice to fill that role.
    ;D
    Like some other people were saying on here I wish we wouldn't bring in a QB that would compete, but a QB that would start.
    Although I still think Chad Penington is going to be a Viking by the start of next season.

We have too many holes elsewhere to be handing over anything more than ONE first round pick, and in that case why not use that first and go get Mcnabb who will improve our receivers more than Larry will improve T-Jack.
    Wow... if that happened, I would seriously be calling for Childress' job (or head). No way... No how... should he be the Minnesota starting QB next season.

McNabb or stay with TJ... that's it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Disagree completely.

I would rather have Pennington than McNabb, we would have to give up a significant draft pick to get McNabb. And I really feel this offense just needs a competent QB. A competent QB would look pretty good in this offense, in my opinion, because of the awesome running game.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"happy" wrote:
    Disagree completely.

I would rather have Pennington than McNabb, we would have to give up a significant draft pick to get him. And I really feel this offense just needs a competent QB. A competent QB would look pretty good in this offense, in my opinion, because of the awesome running game.
    Pennington was benched in favor of a rookie, not to mention he has one of the weakest arms in the NFL.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=40982.msg697333#msg697333 date=1198686124]

OR....

;D

Wow... if that happened, I would seriously be calling for Childress' job (or head). No way... No how... should he be the Minnesota starting QB next season.

[/quote]
    I thought I convinced you that he has a say, but he isn't the only one that would be responsible for something like this.

If this organization goes after someone of that magnitude/significance (especially if it costs us picks) then the ownership will probably make that decision after a series of meetings/dicsussion/arguements etc with all three legs of the triangle and not just the Chiller my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

JTrain is offline Waterboy

From what I've seen, we just need a QB who doesn't make many mistakes. We don't have to have someone who will throw for 300+ every game. Not saying McNabb would, but we just need someone who will manage the game well and not get us in a hole by throwing really dumb picks. TJ might even be a guy who can accomplish that next year. We don't need to be so feast-or-famine with a guy who hasn't started for the equivalent of a whole season yet. And I am by no means a big TJ supporter, but you have to allow for his growing pains. I think we are all being impatient with him because we are so good otherwise. I personally am very happy that we are even sniffing at a playoff berth. Bringing in a consistent, if unspectacular guy next year might just be the piece that our puzzle is missing.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Disagree completely.

I would rather have Pennington than McNabb, we would have to give up a significant draft pick to get him. And I really feel this offense just needs a competent QB. A competent QB would look pretty good in this offense, in my opinion, because of the awesome running game.
    Pennington was benched in favor of a rookie, not to mention he has one of the weakest arms in the NFL.
    And he was on a terrible team.

I think Pennington on this team would do much better. I think he could take advantage of the 8 men in the box defense we would often see.

I don't think we need a spectacular QB. Of course we would like one, but going after McNabb or Derek Anderson may be forcing this issue a little bit. I would rather have both of those than Pennington, but we would give up less for him than Anderson or McNabb.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Let the offseason speculation begin!
    Cheers!! ;D

I like the idea, but not the price.
    Pretty durn unlikely anyway!
    Its not like a team doesn't need a top notch threat at WR...usually, once you find one, you hang on to them.
    Don't really see this happening.

TJack looked pretty flustered under the spotlights these past 2 weeks...but at least he came back to get some scores in both.
    Improvement.
    The question, is of course, how long before he is "developed?"
    I'm still not quite down with McNabb for a first...maybe a 2nd and a 4th...or such.
    He did look pretty good against NO this weekend.
    But, he already has a star RB and a pretty good defense...possibly better WRs too, and it hasn't really clicked for them except for when they had TO too.
    And, he hasn't played a full season in years!
    That scares me.

For a vet QB, the pickings are slim, and with all the QB injuries this year, teams will be less willing to part with one.
    I'm still thinking Jake Plummer or -gasp- Daunte are tops of the UFAs.

And, Moss at WR-D'oh!
    Actually, TB still holds Jake's rights...I think they gave up a 4th for them?
    Wonder what ARI would want for Warner?
    Warner for a third or a fourth might be a nice pickup?
    OR, if we can't get a vet we like, maybe, we have to draft the stud that drops to us, this is supposed to be a great QB class.

For the most part, I like our WRs...one true threat would help though.
    I think it goes both ways...better QB play would definitely make our WRs look better, on the other hand, a true threat at WR would also make our QB (and our WRs as he draws extra coverage) look better.
    I do believe, it is the ultimate team sport.
    I know he's not a superstar, but I like Bryant Johnson at WR.
    He's got experience starting, good size, and he is unrestricted.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

JTrain is offline Waterboy

happy camper has posted the correct. I agree completely. Pennington would simply be a guy that can take advantage of the fronts we're seeing, but he's not a long-term solution. Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan (sp?) might be, but that is what the draft is for.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Let the offseason speculation begin!
    Cheers!! ;D

I like the idea, but not the price.
    Pretty durn unlikely anyway!
    Its not like a team doesn't need a top notch threat at WR...usually, once you find one, you hang on to them.
    Don't really see this happening.

TJack looked pretty flustered under the spotlights these past 2 weeks...but at least he came back to get some scores in both.
    Improvement.
    The question, is of course, how long before he is "developed?"
    I'm still not quite down with McNabb for a first...maybe a 2nd and a 4th...or such.
    He did look pretty good against NO this weekend.
    But, he already has a star RB and a pretty good defense...possibly better WRs too, and it hasn't really clicked for them except for when they had TO too.
    And, he hasn't played a full season in years!
    That scares me.

For a vet QB, the pickings are slim, and with all the QB injuries this year, teams will be less willing to part with one.
    I'm still thinking Jake Plummer or -gasp- Daunte are tops of the UFAs.

And, Moss at WR-D'oh!
    Actually, TB still holds Jake's rights...I think they gave up a 4th for them?
    Wonder what ARI would want for Warner?
    Warner for a third or a fourth might be a nice pickup?
    OR, if we can't get a vet we like, maybe, we have to draft the stud that drops to us, this is supposed to be a great QB class.

For the most part, I like our WRs...one true threat would help though.
    I think it goes both ways...better QB play would definitely make our WRs look better, on the other hand, a true threat at WR would also make our QB (and our WRs as he draws extra coverage) look better.
    I do believe, it is the ultimate team sport.
    I know he's not a superstar, but I like Bryant Johnson at WR.
    He's got experience starting, good size, and he is unrestricted.
    Hmmmm.
    Very interesting.
    I have completely missed him in my studies.

Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast