Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will the Cardinals Trade Larry Fitzgerald to the Vikings in 2008?

"V4L" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Fitzgerald is one of the best WRs in the game and would help our passing attack for sure.
    Constant double teams would mean one less player in the box to defend our running game, which mean a lot more 150+ yard running days than we've been getting lately.

Thank you!!

Not only would he give our young QB a safety blanket and a great target.. He would be a super decoy

Im pretty sure we wont get him.. This has been going on for like 3 years.. But I would love to try!
    It's pretty much just one of those rumors that get talked about because they make sense for one team but will never happen.
    He'd probably cost 2 first rounders anyway.

Yah for sure..

Just saw his salary too.. Holy smokes

After we sign our players and rookies and possibly a free agent or two we won't have too money

I don't think we could really afford him
    Well, he'd have to restructure his contract anyway.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Fitzgerald is one of the best WRs in the game and would help our passing attack for sure.
    Constant double teams would mean one less player in the box to defend our running game, which mean a lot more 150+ yard running days than we've been getting lately.
    They could still do things like a cover 3 or a man to man with 1 safety deep who could cheat over/help out if necessary.

Again, although he is a great talent and a MN native, and a sure fan favorite, not sure how much he would help if we don't have a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Larry Fitzgerald will not be a Viking in 2008.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

There have to be at least 5-6 threads talking about this same thing.

I would love to see Fitz in purple next year, but it's not going to happen. I don't think Childress will pursue him, and I think the Cardinals will really want to keep him. We'll see... I hope I'm wrong.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    They could still do things like a cover 3 or a man to man with 1 safety deep who could cheat over/help out if necessary.

Again, although he is a great talent and a MN native, and a sure fan favorite, not sure how much he would help if we don't have a QB that can consistently get him the ball.

True, but I guess we'd all hope Tarvaris somewhat resembles an NFL QB in his third season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

The likelihood of this happening is on the same level of the likelihood of the Vikes winning the Super Bowl this year.
    Also, there are only two possible wide receivers in the HISTORY of the NFL worthy of 2 #1's.
    Jerry Rice is one, Fitzgerald is not the second.
    Love the kid, but, wahay too spendy.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

True, but I guess we'd all hope Tarvaris somewhat resembles an NFL QB in his third season.
    As you have noticed, I am off TJ being anything but a bit more improved coming into next season but still a project.

The front office will have to convince me that they are going into another developmental year for me to buy into him starting.

OR....

The front office will have to bring in a competent Vet that can really provide a challenge for the starting job.
    Now that my bubble was burst over Sorgi and the contract extension I am revisiting who will suffice to fill that role.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Imagine Fitz in man coverage he would thrive. They would probably double him which would free up the run so this addition would be huge if we were able to pull it off. It is highly unlikely to happen and I have know idea why Arizona would even want to trade him. This is just a rumor and I am sure Arizona is not even willing to trade him. If they were I would give multiple 1st round pick in a heartbeat.

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Imagine Fitz in man coverage he would thrive. They would probably double him which would free up the run so this addition would be huge if we were able to pull it off. It is highly unlikely to happen and I have know idea why Arizona would even want to trade him. This is just a rumor and I am sure Arizona is not even willing to trade him. If they were I would give multiple 1st round pick in a heartbeat.
    As I stated a few posts ago, it really wouldn't do anything to help out the run.
    Most team would still do things like a cover 3 or a man to man with 1 safety deep who could cheat over/help out if necessary.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Fitzgerald+Rice would be a sexy combo.

But then one remembers that Tarvaris will be the person delivering the ball and it all comes crumbling down.

My point...GET A FRICKIN QB FIRST!
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast