Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,552

    Re: Will the Boo-Birds be out August 14th?

    "Webby" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Vikings fans.

    What the is the point of having home field advantage if you're going to boo your QB (who was having a decent day) instead of the zebras who were blowing calls left and right?

    I only heard the refs get booed once, and yet they gave the Colts a free touchdown (Addai was clearly stuffed by Pat Williams at the goalline) and two obvious back-to-back pass interferences in the 4th quarter that went uncalled (first to Bobby Wade on 2nd down, then to Berrian on 3rd down)--both of which should have been first downs.

    Again, if the players aren't giving their best effort, by all means boo away. But I don't see where that was happening today. If anything, the team on both sides of the ball were working their dimply buttocks off until the fans started turning on them. What does that do but give the opposing team confidence (who by the way had looked like complete pooh with no confidence all day up until the boos started coming out)?

    It was pathetic.

    I, for one, would have no problem if this team moved to LA with fans like these. I'm not geographically tied to the Vikings any longer (if anything LA would be closer than Minnesota for me), and I sure think this team deserves better fans. They won't get them in LA, but that's beside the point. Minnesota's fickle fans have had their chance.

    Those of you booing Tarvaris for what was otherwise a decent game should be ashamed. But you'll have plenty of time to think about that when Minnesota no longer has a football team.

    I don't boo my team in the stadium because I find it untoward.

    I certainly have had it though.

    I won't go as far as you, but as much as I will be unpopular for it, I think sometimes fans just don't think and don't care about the people that are players.

    I may despise his effort, but it serves me no good to boo him and insure he will not have his head in the game.

    Thats a very nice way to put it.


    The way i see it is he sucks and desearves the hate brought down on him.


    This game should of been over in the second quarter and there is no possible way you can disagree.

  2. #52
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Will the Boo-Birds be out August 14th?

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Vikings fans.

    What the is the point of having home field advantage if you're going to boo your QB (who was having a decent day) instead of the zebras who were blowing calls left and right?

    I only heard the refs get booed once, and yet they gave the Colts a free touchdown (Addai was clearly stuffed by Pat Williams at the goalline) and two obvious back-to-back pass interferences in the 4th quarter that went uncalled (first to Bobby Wade on 2nd down, then to Berrian on 3rd down)--both of which should have been first downs.

    Again, if the players aren't giving their best effort, by all means boo away. But I don't see where that was happening today. If anything, the team on both sides of the ball were working their dimply buttocks off until the fans started turning on them. What does that do but give the opposing team confidence (who by the way had looked like complete pooh with no confidence all day up until the boos started coming out)?

    It was pathetic.

    I, for one, would have no problem if this team moved to LA with fans like these. I'm not geographically tied to the Vikings any longer (if anything LA would be closer than Minnesota for me), and I sure think this team deserves better fans. They won't get them in LA, but that's beside the point. Minnesota's fickle fans have had their chance.

    Those of you booing Tarvaris for what was otherwise a decent game should be ashamed. But you'll have plenty of time to think about that when Minnesota no longer has a football team.

    I don't boo my team in the stadium because I find it untoward.

    I certainly have had it though.

    I won't go as far as you, but as much as I will be unpopular for it, I think sometimes fans just don't think and don't care about the people that are players.

    I may despise his effort, but it serves me no good to boo him and insure he will not have his head in the game.

    Thats a very nice way to put it.


    The way i see it is he sucks and desearves the hate brought down on him.


    This game should of been over in the second quarter and there is no possible way you can disagree.
    No possible way. None whatsoever. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

    With a definitive argument like that how could anyone question you?

    Keep booing, my friend. Boo those Vikings all the way to California.

  3. #53
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,552

    Re: Will the Boo-Birds be out August 14th?

    "The" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Vikings fans.

    What the is the point of having home field advantage if you're going to boo your QB (who was having a decent day) instead of the zebras who were blowing calls left and right?

    I only heard the refs get booed once, and yet they gave the Colts a free touchdown (Addai was clearly stuffed by Pat Williams at the goalline) and two obvious back-to-back pass interferences in the 4th quarter that went uncalled (first to Bobby Wade on 2nd down, then to Berrian on 3rd down)--both of which should have been first downs.

    Again, if the players aren't giving their best effort, by all means boo away. But I don't see where that was happening today. If anything, the team on both sides of the ball were working their dimply buttocks off until the fans started turning on them. What does that do but give the opposing team confidence (who by the way had looked like complete pooh with no confidence all day up until the boos started coming out)?

    It was pathetic.

    I, for one, would have no problem if this team moved to LA with fans like these. I'm not geographically tied to the Vikings any longer (if anything LA would be closer than Minnesota for me), and I sure think this team deserves better fans. They won't get them in LA, but that's beside the point. Minnesota's fickle fans have had their chance.

    Those of you booing Tarvaris for what was otherwise a decent game should be ashamed. But you'll have plenty of time to think about that when Minnesota no longer has a football team.

    I don't boo my team in the stadium because I find it untoward.

    I certainly have had it though.

    I won't go as far as you, but as much as I will be unpopular for it, I think sometimes fans just don't think and don't care about the people that are players.

    I may despise his effort, but it serves me no good to boo him and insure he will not have his head in the game.

    Thats a very nice way to put it.


    The way i see it is he sucks and desearves the hate brought down on him.


    This game should of been over in the second quarter and there is no possible way you can disagree.
    No possible way. None whatsoever. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

    With a definitive argument like that how could anyone question you?

    Keep booing, my friend. Boo those Vikings all the way to California.
    Are you on drugs?

    If not then please explain your stupidity to me.

    Second warning.
    Knock it off.

  4. #54
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Will the Boo-Birds be out August 14th?

    Explain my stupidity?


    OK, let's see. How about I begin by stupidly questioning your assertion that "This game should of (sic) been over in the second quarter and there is no possible way you can disagree" (I know, I know, why try? I must be a complete idiot)?

    Well, for starters, the Colts had some guy named Peyton Manning playing QB. I don't know much about this guy, but I've been told that he has an aptitude for coming back and winning games in the fourth quarter. Plus, he has these wide receivers--maybe you've heard of them--Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, who are apparently not only good generally, but good in the clutch (see final catch of the game: P.Manning pass deep middle to 87-R.Wayne to MIN 29 for 20 yards).

    Then there's the problem of the Vikings' receivers dropping balls in the end zone, going out with injuries, running out of bounds then coming back in to grab the ball on a punt, and not getting open. There were also the fans booing when a pass got deflected, yet eerily silenced when the refs blew calls.

    And as long as were on that subject, how about a free TD to Joseph Addai who was clearly stuffed by Pat Williams? Or how'd you like the two non-calls of pass interference in the fourth quarter--one to Bobby Wade and one to Bernard Berrian--that should have been first downs and would have at the very least kept the Colts from getting the ball back at the end of the game?

    Of course, none of this matters because I'm stupid and on drugs. Why else would anyone possibly question your statement with which "no possible way you could disagree"?


  5. #55
    sdfrenchy is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    54

    Re: Will the Boo-Birds be out August 14th?

    I'm not going to say that Tjack had a good game and I won't defend his performance. But booing the starting quarterback while we are winning, during the home opener is not acceptable to me. It's a long seaon and this is just too early.

  6. #56
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,701
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Will the Boo-Birds be out August 14th?

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Vikings fans.

    What the is the point of having home field advantage if you're going to boo your QB (who was having a decent day) instead of the zebras who were blowing calls left and right?

    I only heard the refs get booed once, and yet they gave the Colts a free touchdown (Addai was clearly stuffed by Pat Williams at the goalline) and two obvious back-to-back pass interferences in the 4th quarter that went uncalled (first to Bobby Wade on 2nd down, then to Berrian on 3rd down)--both of which should have been first downs.

    Again, if the players aren't giving their best effort, by all means boo away. But I don't see where that was happening today. If anything, the team on both sides of the ball were working their dimply buttocks off until the fans started turning on them. What does that do but give the opposing team confidence (who by the way had looked like complete pooh with no confidence all day up until the boos started coming out)?

    It was pathetic.

    I, for one, would have no problem if this team moved to LA with fans like these. I'm not geographically tied to the Vikings any longer (if anything LA would be closer than Minnesota for me), and I sure think this team deserves better fans. They won't get them in LA, but that's beside the point. Minnesota's fickle fans have had their chance.

    Those of you booing Tarvaris for what was otherwise a decent game should be ashamed. But you'll have plenty of time to think about that when Minnesota no longer has a football team.

    I don't boo my team in the stadium because I find it untoward.

    I certainly have had it though.

    I won't go as far as you, but as much as I will be unpopular for it, I think sometimes fans just don't think and don't care about the people that are players.

    I may despise his effort, but it serves me no good to boo him and insure he will not have his head in the game.

    Thats a very nice way to put it.


    The way i see it is he sucks and desearves the hate brought down on him.


    This game should of been over in the second quarter and there is no possible way you can disagree.
    No possible way. None whatsoever. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

    With a definitive argument like that how could anyone question you?

    Keep booing, my friend. Boo those Vikings all the way to California.
    Are you on drugs?

    If not then please explain your stupidity to me.

    Second warning.
    Knock it off.
    Hay juzt becose u tayk drugz doeznt meen yoo r stoopid u no!
    >

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Away From The Boo Birds
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
  2. Development Meeting on Sept 14th
    By nephilimstorm in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 01:24 PM
  3. CAN THE SEA BIRDS BEAT THE CURSE?
    By spikecyrus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 01:14 PM
  4. NFL Rumors - November 14th
    By PSD in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:02 PM
  5. NFL Rumors - October 14th
    By PSD in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •