Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Will ADs overwhelming talent save the Coaches ?

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    This is a young team that is still making some mistakes, like the Chargers field goal return for a TD. Young teams have to learn to be consistent. That's what's happening.

This was a great game by the offensive line, defensive line, linebackers, secondary, punter, and of course Adrian Peterson and the running backs. Jackson and Bollinger did OK in their game management roles, and BB even hit Rice for a big score.

Penalties are way down. Remember back in the Mike Tice era when we would get 10 false starts a game? Not anymore.

Why do you think this team has a great run defense, a great rushing attack, and is close to having a good pass defense, unless you give the coaches some credit? Do you think Don Shula would have this team where the Patriots are now?

The Vikings are the best 3-5 team in the league. There is no game left on the schedule in which they have no chance to win. There was no game they have played this year in which they were blown out. Contrast that with previous years.

Coach Childress is doing a helluva job. Keep your head up, Chilly!
    Thank You!!
    That is how I feel too...we have a ton of young talent combined with a bunch of new FAs for a total of 85% (is what I hear?) turnover from the last Tice Roster.
    Can anyone expect a winning record in the face of that much change in only 1.5 seasons?
    Hey all you haters, why not give our boys a chance, and see what they can do as they learn and get comfortable in the current systems???

Yes, AD is a special, one of a kind talent and I am so, SO GLAD HE IS A VIKING!!!
    Don't suppose anyone really wishes we drafted Quinn now...
    But, its not 1 vs. 11, it does take the whole TEAM, and there was good blocking downfield too, not just by our front line!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I think just about any serious Viking fan realizes that the ONLY real weapon on the Offense is Adrian Peterson.
    I also think that when the National Media is commenting (During and after the last Pecker game) that the only thing stopping Peterson is Childress, that even Childress figured out that MAYBE he should allow Peterson to take over games.

AP really IS "that good".
    Our O-Line today really was "that good".
    Bollinger was accurate enough to legitimize the threat of a passing game, and that allowed AP to terrorize San Diego throughout the entire game.
    And having Chester Taylor come in to give AP a break is a pretty nice luxury to have.

Now, how much of this is a direct result of Brad Childress and his scheme?
    I don't think very much is.
    I think Childress dodged a bullet when AP took the NFL by storm, and his inability to engineer a positive offense without Adrian Peterson carrying the load is indicative of that.

As far as I'm concerned, Childress and Bevell should give Peterson half of their paycheck every week....because he's the ONLY reason they might have jobs here next season.

Caine

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I've given him his just dues my friend.
    Find me anywere that I have said any back could get the yards he does.
    Show me.
    I think you'll find my track record is clean in that respect.
    I always give the players and coaches nothing but praise.

You, however, seem to think it is just him.

Fact of the matter is, under this scheme he is taking less and less hits every game.
    That my friend will also keep him on the field achieving stardom when in a man to man scheme, more hits, he might have been injured by now.

I believe it is still a team sport.
    When he starts hicking the ball to himself, blocking for himself etc etc he is still (albeit a great one so far) a member of the team.

Heres what Im saying AD is there with Barry Sanders....Do you think Barry would have got his yards in another team....Maybe even more probably
    less maybe, but not much

same with AD hes going to get his ZB or not

Put it
    THIS WAY

This vikings team WASNT built around AD

But NOW it will be

And that My friend is a GOOD thing

Roger that

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"hx38596" wrote:

CT had over 1200 last year and he's a B grade back, and the OL is better this year.
    Look at the payroll of those guys.
    Oh, and the OU line this year??
    Some say the best in the NCAA's.
    So AD had plenty of help, and wouldn't be doing what he's doing if he was on a team with a lesser O-line.
    CT would have alot of yards if Vikes would've picked Quinn, and the record would be 5-3.

Oh, and the other teams that 'passed' on AD isn't regretting their decision.
    I bet they even knew he would have an impact, they were passing on instant gratification for a more long term solution.
    If AD burns out early next year, the other teams will be, "I told you so."

Look at AD's freshman year at OU..
    then look at his Soph.
    He always comes out strong, then fades.
    How in God's name did you arrive at that conclusion? What makes you think Quinn would have won 5 games & what are you basing that bullshit on?

Quinn has not even played a regular season game, much less started in one.

WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

1 09/09
    PIT
    L
    7-34
    0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
    2 09/16
    CIN
    W
    51-45
    3 09/23
    @ OAK
    L
    24-26
    4 09/30
    BAL
    W
    27-13
    5 10/07
    @ NE
    L
    17-34
    6 10/14
    MIA
    W
    41-31
    7 Bye
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
    8 10/28
    @ STL
    W
    27-20
    9 11/04
    SEA
    W
    33-30
    TOTAL 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"hx38596" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Do you think it isn't about the blocking scheme as well?

Comeon.
    AD is awesome and he, if he remains healthy will make this a great year to remember, but my friend, he isn't gonna do it alone.

CT's 9 attempts for 60 yards with the longest being 34 yards.
    That isn't chump change.

Additionally, fresh legs break long runs.
    Tired ones don't. CT's ability to give AD rest and still get yards are just as important in AD breaking the big ones as well.

Fresh legs Ill give you
    but blocking scheme I wont

AD was going to do this no matter what blocking scheme...Ive seen Great Great RBS but few have came in and made a team as different as when he came to OU....now guess what hes doin it again at a different place

Give him his just do.... just dont act like it wouldve happened with another RB if you do you know alot less about the game than I thought

Ive seen Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt, Joe Washington, Billy Simms, Marcus DuPree and more come thru here, and he busted all their RECORDS and that sir is a laundry list of some great RBs and AD couldve made playthings of their records had he hung around

But he has a lot bigger goals

And I dont mean not to give credit to the team, I know how important every aspect is
    Its just I have seen in recent past others profit from ADs abilities not their own (C.Long)

Dont tell me his 296 were because of ZB
    CT had over 1200 last year and he's a B grade back, and the OL is better this year.
    So AD had plenty of help, and wouldn't be doing what he's doing if he was on a team with a lesser O-line.
    CT would have alot of yards if Vikes would've picked Quinn, and the record would be 5-3.

I bet they even knew he would have an impact, they were passing on instant gratification for a more long term solution.

then look at his Soph.
    Are you talking about he sophomore year he had a 5.4 average?
    Or the sophomore year he still cracked 1000 yards with only 188 carries?
    Come on, don't even sit there telling me Quinn would have taken us to a 5-3 record, we wouldn't have 2 of the wins we had this year if it wasn't for Adrian.
    What would stop Quinn from looking like a rook and throwing picks like T-Jack, don't sit around trying to downplay AP.
    You're on a bad position comparing AP with a player who hasn't even played in the NFL yet.

Thank you caine

thank you

CAINES
    post hit the nail right on the head

MNgriff is offline Rookie

"hx38596" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Do you think it isn't about the blocking scheme as well?

Comeon.
    AD is awesome and he, if he remains healthy will make this a great year to remember, but my friend, he isn't gonna do it alone.

CT's 9 attempts for 60 yards with the longest being 34 yards.
    That isn't chump change.

Additionally, fresh legs break long runs.
    Tired ones don't. CT's ability to give AD rest and still get yards are just as important in AD breaking the big ones as well.

Fresh legs Ill give you
    but blocking scheme I wont

AD was going to do this no matter what blocking scheme...Ive seen Great Great RBS but few have came in and made a team as different as when he came to OU....now guess what hes doin it again at a different place

Give him his just do.... just dont act like it wouldve happened with another RB if you do you know alot less about the game than I thought

Ive seen Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt, Joe Washington, Billy Simms, Marcus DuPree and more come thru here, and he busted all their RECORDS and that sir is a laundry list of some great RBs and AD couldve made playthings of their records had he hung around

But he has a lot bigger goals

And I dont mean not to give credit to the team, I know how important every aspect is
    Its just I have seen in recent past others profit from ADs abilities not their own (C.Long)

Dont tell me his 296 were because of ZB

then look at his Soph.
    Umm O.K.
    were you watching the same game as the rest of us? He just obliterated a D that is not only super talented but also playing VERY well. It's just beyond me how you don't see a game changer. I also challenge that while CT did run well do you think he would have done that well if AD didn't have that D completely on empty? Great post troll.
    Skol

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    I think just about any serious Viking fan realizes that the ONLY real weapon on the Offense is Adrian Peterson.
    I also think that when the National Media is commenting (During and after the last Pecker game) that the only thing stopping Peterson is Childress, that even Childress figured out that MAYBE he should allow Peterson to take over games.

AP really IS "that good".
    Our O-Line today really was "that good".
    Bollinger was accurate enough to legitimize the threat of a passing game, and that allowed AP to terrorize San Diego throughout the entire game.
    And having Chester Taylor come in to give AP a break is a pretty nice luxury to have.

Now, how much of this is a direct result of Brad Childress and his scheme?
    I don't think very much is.
    I think Childress dodged a bullet when AP took the NFL by storm, and his inability to engineer a positive offense without Adrian Peterson carrying the load is indicative of that.

As far as I'm concerned, Childress and Bevell should give Peterson half of their paycheck every week....because he's the ONLY reason they might have jobs here next season.

Caine
    And wins like this have nothing to do with the blocking, or the fact that WRs didn't drop any catchable balls for a change, or the fact our defense played its greatest game possibly since the 70's????
    Its a team, and I think, it is coming together.

Woot!
    post420...maybe I should call up Ricky Williams and get his opinion
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

I watched it and was extremely impressed.
    He did very well taking advantage of the holes the line provided, then had some very impressive speed in the secondary.

The betting consensus had this game as the most lopsided.
    a 7 point spread went to a 7 1/2 spread, 76% were betting SD, including myself. (lost 600).
    Not happy.
    No troll though, just bringing up some valid points, no?
    All parts of the Vikes showed up and played well, in particular the secondary and Oline.

And Quinn is VERY good, he just hasn't had the chance yet.
    Preseason was very good for him.

"hx38596" wrote:
    [CT had over 1200 last year and he's a B grade back, and the OL is better this year.

then look at his Soph.
    hx38596

where are you comin up with this crap about OUs line bein all that We are like 28th in the nation rushing heck we are like 5th in the Big 12, WE ALWAYS lead in the rushing stats, not this year ....our Rushing game has dropped off big time, we have a couple of nice backs, but not 1 could hold ADs jock...Chesters for that matter
    If you think AD got his yards just because of OUs blocking your just wrong

When you say AD
    dropped off soph year sounds like youve been around Big 12 ball
    so surely you knew he was hurt with high ankle sprain most of that year

Your statement about how he fades is fishy too....it sounds like your a pissed off Longhorn fan that didnt like seein AD go north

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast