Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Re: Will ADs overwhelming talent save the Coaches ?

^ True

Yet the offensive line was blowing people off the ball today.
    Taylor would of had over 100 yards today as well, just speed kills.
    AD has that special gear and fiedl vision which makes him better, so in a lot of ways it was both things.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Zone
    blocking has little to nothing to do with AP.
    If we had man blocking he could still run for 296.
    I will give credit for the fake lateral, but I will not give credit to Brad Childress for A.P. being an elite running back, unless you think A.P. had no talent coming in and Chilly Dawg somehow coached that great field vision into him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Did AD call that fake lateral and KR to SD's 40 yard line?

Or did he implement the zone blocking scheme that helps him be so successful?
    Do really think in your wildest imagination the blocking scheme is the difference

Chester runs behind the same scheme, but doesnt have near the impact that Peterson brings

When the rest of the NFL talks its not about the ZB scheme

The fake lateral was a good call though gotta give credit there

And I do give the O line and coaches there Due Not giving them credit thats foolish, so was callin AD a backup but thats ok it probably was good thing...keep callin him a backup
    Do you think it isn't about the blocking scheme as well?

Comeon.
    AD is awesome and he, if he remains healthy will make this a great year to remember, but my friend, he isn't gonna do it alone.

CT's 9 attempts for 60 yards with the longest being 34 yards.
    That isn't chump change.

Additionally, fresh legs break long runs.
    Tired ones don't. CT's ability to give AD rest and still get yards are just as important in AD breaking the big ones as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

This is a young team that is still making some mistakes, like the Chargers field goal return for a TD. Young teams have to learn to be consistent. That's what's happening.

This was a great game by the offensive line, defensive line, linebackers, secondary, punter, and of course Adrian Peterson and the running backs. Jackson and Bollinger did OK in their game management roles, and BB even hit Rice for a big score.

Penalties are way down. Remember back in the Mike Tice era when we would get 10 false starts a game? Not anymore.

Why do you think this team has a great run defense, a great rushing attack, and is close to having a good pass defense, unless you give the coaches some credit? Do you think Don Shula would have this team where the Patriots are now?

The Vikings are the best 3-5 team in the league. There is no game left on the schedule in which they have no chance to win. There was no game they have played this year in which they were blown out. Contrast that with previous years.

Coach Childress is doing a helluva job. Keep your head up, Chilly!

Go Vikings!

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:

Comeon.
    AD is awesome and he, if he remains healthy will make this a great year to remember, but my friend, he isn't gonna do it alone.

That isn't chump change.

Tired ones don't. CT's ability to give AD rest and still get yards are just as important in AD breaking the big ones as well.

Fresh legs Ill give you
    but blocking scheme I wont

AD was going to do this no matter what blocking scheme...Ive seen Great Great RBS but few have came in and made a team as different as when he came to OU....now guess what hes doin it again at a different place

Give him his just do.... just dont act like it wouldve happened with another RB if you do you know alot less about the game than I thought

Ive seen Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt, Joe Washington, Billy Simms, Marcus DuPree and more come thru here, and he busted all their RECORDS and that sir is a laundry list of some great RBs and AD couldve made playthings of their records had he hung around

But he has a lot bigger goals

And I dont mean not to give credit to the team, I know how important every aspect is
    Its just I have seen in recent past others profit from ADs abilities not their own (C.Long)

Dont tell me his 296 were because of ZB

Notes: Peterson's 315 total yards were more than nine of the 17 other teams who played in the same time slot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Comeon.

That isn't chump change.

Fresh legs Ill give you

AD was going to do this no matter what blocking scheme...Ive seen Great Great RBS but few have came in and made a team as different as when he came to OU....now guess what hes doin it again at a different place

Give him his just do.... just dont act like it wouldve happened with another RB if you do you know alot less about the game than I thought

Ive seen Steve Owens, Greg Pruitt, Joe Washington, Billy Simms, Marcus DuPree and more come thru here, and he busted all their RECORDS and that sir is a laundry list of some great RBs and AD couldve made playthings of their records had he hung around

And I dont mean not to give credit to the team, I know how important every aspect is
    Its just I have seen in recent past others profit from ADs abilities not their own (C.Long)

I've given him his just dues my friend.
    Find me anywere that I have said any back could get the yards he does.
    Show me.
    I think you'll find my track record is clean in that respect.
    I always give the players and coaches nothing but praise.

You, however, seem to think it is just him.

Fact of the matter is, under this scheme he is taking less and less hits every game.
    That my friend will also keep him on the field achieving stardom when in a man to man scheme, more hits, he might have been injured by now.

I believe it is still a team sport.
    When he starts hicking the ball to himself, blocking for himself etc etc he is still (albeit a great one so far) a member of the team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Comeon.

That isn't chump change.

Fresh legs Ill give you

It sure can't hurt.

ZB has made average backs look good, at least the ones with good vision to see the cut back.
    I will agree that AD is more than an avg RB.

Just as I can't tell you that ZB makes him better, you can't tell me that it doesn't.

To be doing what he did in college at the pro level is amazing.
    It usually doesn't translate like that.
    He is a special player.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    I'm sorry Childress did it right today.
    It was good play calling, plus awesome playing by AD, but lets not forget that the line gave him the ability to do it.
    Perhaps the offensive line is starting to understand the zone blocking stuff.

My hats off to Childress today.

Mike
    Perhaps you didn't see Bollinger screaming in Childress' face to call a time out before the half. Childress allowed damn near 30 seconds to tick off before one was finally called.

WTF was up with that?

Reminded me too much of Denny "taking a knee".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    I'm sorry Childress did it right today.
    It was good play calling, plus awesome playing by AD, but lets not forget that the line gave him the ability to do it.
    Perhaps the offensive line is starting to understand the zone blocking stuff.

My hats off to Childress today.

Mike
    Perhaps you didn't see Bollinger screaming in Childress' face to call a time out before the half. Childress allowed gol 'darnit near 30 seconds to tick off before one was finally called.

WTF was up with that?

Reminded me too much of Denny "taking a knee".
    The Vikes would have saved an opposing team's TD if they had taken the knee. But hindsight is always 20-20.
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Comeon.

That isn't chump change.

Fresh legs Ill give you

CT had over 1200 last year and he's a B grade back, and the OL is better this year.
    Look at the payroll of those guys.
    Oh, and the OU line this year??
    Some say the best in the NCAA's.
    So AD had plenty of help, and wouldn't be doing what he's doing if he was on a team with a lesser O-line.
    CT would have alot of yards if Vikes would've picked Quinn, and the record would be 5-3.

Oh, and the other teams that 'passed' on AD isn't regretting their decision.
    I bet they even knew he would have an impact, they were passing on instant gratification for a more long term solution.
    If AD burns out early next year, the other teams will be, "I told you so."

Look at AD's freshman year at OU..
    then look at his Soph.
    He always comes out strong, then fades.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast