Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will ADs overwhelming talent save the Coaches ?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Ahhhh the humor of it all.

Doesn't it look like Chilly's about to smack AD on the ass in this shot?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Doesn't it look like Chilly's about to smack AD on the jiggly butt in this shot?

=Z=
    He does appear to be checkin his arse out.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Childress would stay even if we'd suck all the games.
    I see us improving over the remaining of the season, we're gonne kick ass!!!!!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Doesn't it look like Chilly's about to smack AD on the jiggly butt in this shot?

=Z=

;D
    That was a good horse collar, if he didn't Peterson was going in for a 4th time and permenantly rewriting the record books.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"hx38596" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    For someone to come on this site with insight of AD's days at OU is great.
    But, to say that AD could block at OU, so start him in the NFL, is not the same.
    He has to learn the D schemes and enough to anticipate the blocking needed.

I am sure this will provide much debate in the many many months to come.
    Ok snow heres a little just to bit for the paragraph above, Ive been watching Chester when he comes in on third downs to block, he misses as much as anybody
    The Childress line" Im taking AD out on third downs because he cant block is"...IMO in week1 "so we can get Chester some touches, because I know he aint my starter, I just cant tell him here before I see if this AD kid is real or not... I really believe they couldnt tell Chester your a backup, nor to I blame anyone for that it is understandable

Now AD did blow 1 block today when he went right underneath that dude blitzing up the middle...But if you think OU doesnt play Bigtime football and teach players to go to the next level...you would be mistaken

Heck were lucky they dont kick us out of the NCAA the way we send RBs to the pros

And yes AD can learn more but he has stuff that you cant teach...and to think Eric Beinemy knows more about toten the rock the AD thats laughable does Eric know more about the NFL, today yes.... but he doesnt know the level of play AD will show Him....AD will show Eric a whole new level of NFL rb that eric hasnt even dreamt of yet

the best thing Eric could do is step back and whisper in his ear

"RUMBLE ,YOUNG MAN RUMBLE"

Yes, EB can teach AD how to carry the rock (which he needs some lessons on holding on to it!) b/c he's been doing it for years and he's a COACH, that's what coaches do is teach.
    AD is a 22 year old kid.

Take your crimson tinted glasses off, this is the NFL.
    I know OU seems like a professional football team with all the money buying players there, but this is the legitimate NFL.
    And that's funny you saying the NCAA needs to kick OU out... *cough* switzer
    Sooner, here is a little tidbit for you.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1531025.html

Already the NFL's leading rusher when the day began, Peterson displayed new levels of sophistication Sunday in gaining an NFL-record 296 yards. While continuing to marvel over his physical attributes, Peterson's coaches and teammates were most impressed Sunday by his adherence to their subtle suggestions.

Childress, in fact, stole a smile with running backs coach Eric Bieniemy at the end of Peterson's run; it was a practice point Bieniemy has been harping on for much of the season.

"He's just setting up things better, particularly on outside runs," Childress said. "He's patient as opposed to bursting and wanting to use his speed always."

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Childress is still a lock for next season, but I can see after next year...if no playoffs...Wilf might want to move on to a coach who can use Childress' drafted talent better. If the Vikings make the playoffs next year, (or this year (fingers crossed)) I can see Childress getting a contract extension after year 4. Otherwise, we might see another rebuilding regime after this one.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Look, we haven't changed any scheme or changed anything about play calling.
    All we saw was the OL doing its gol 'darnit job so the plays could take place.
    Whats so hard to understand about that?

;D I shouldn't have to explain it any more than that.
    ;D
    Marrdo you are that self involved

You think since YOU have this theory that the coaches are right and once the kids start perfoming all will be right

SO that explains SUNDAY...get over yourself

What happen was AD went off...plain and simple....he does that

Line blocked like it has all year

The 1 difference besides the Project QB going down....was and this is big...

they handed the ball to AD 30 times, and he did what he does(it wont happen every week but it will happen)

and please dont think Im sayin hand the ball to AD 30 times, Thats what the OC did at OU. But he does get better 3rd, 4th quarter

But dont act like your theorys are coming to fruition, its ok to say you were wrong, like you told someone the other day
    Are you that self involved that you continually post how the whole team sucks except for AD.

Did you read the article on how he has finally grasped the idea of how to set up his blocks at the pro level?
    Funny, the way you speak of him, he doesn't even need blockers let alone make those adjustments.

Comeon man, even though you have a name that lends to the fact that you are here for AD and AD alone, shouldn't limit you to the fact that this is still a team sport.

Just cause I like to talk football and prove a point, doesnt necessarily mean I need to get over myself my friend.
    It just means I like to discuss football and prove a point.

In this case I am correct.
    Most of our issues are with execution.
    Once we clean some of that up, as we saw this weekend, everything will be good in Vikingsfandom.
    And that my friend has nothing to do with how many carries "Purple Jesus" has.
    ;D
    not for nothing marr, but when does continuous lack of execution become a coaching problem?
    if your team is not executing correctly for the better part of 24 games, with a good share of different personel in those 24 games when?
    and remember, i'm not asking to be the new england patriots offense, but a game or two where we move the chains and have some long sustained drives that end in tds.
    hello, that hasn't happened in 2 years.
    this does not strike you as a problem in some capacity, further up than ryan cook?
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

So Snow your saying the reason AD gets yards is because of Eric Beinemys Suggestions? this goes along with my point coaches take credit for ADs talents...

before everyone jumps me again..I believe AD is a great teammate

he is all about Team

he has shown that its his history. I have just seen in his past...coaches take credit for him, when I myself believe he does so much on his own...because he is a one of a kind talent... like Barry
    like Walter like Eric

Just because I find fault in the QB and the coach...I dont believe AD does
    nor should he...he is a rook and will keep his mouth shut as should he

And no I dont believe he does it on his own it is a team thing, but to say he wouldnt do it on a majority of other teams would be wrong He will do it on whatever team he is on. and Teams get built around his talent I personally think he got lucky to go to the Vikes that already had a very talented Oline and a talented Defense

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    So Snow your saying the reason AD gets yards is because of Eric Beinemys Suggestions? this goes along with my point coaches take credit for ADs talents...

before everyone jumps me again..I believe AD is a great teammate

he is all about Team

he has shown that its his history. I have just seen in his past...coaches take credit for him, when I myself believe he does so much on his own...because he is a one of a kind talent... like Barry
    like Walter like Eric

Just because I find fault in the QB and the coach...I dont believe AD does
    nor should he...he is a rook and will keep his mouth shut as should he

And no I dont believe he does it on his own it is a team thing, but to say he wouldnt do it on a majority of other teams would be wrong He will do it on whatever team he is on. and Teams get built around his talent I personally think he got lucky to go to the Vikes that already had a very talented Oline and a talented Defense

AD is so talented, it does seem he does alot on his own, but I'll say this, the line has been giving him some great holes and the WR's are even blocking down field well for him.
    But AD is the type of player that gets his team mates to come out and play their best...Because all those blocking know, it doesn't take much to turn AD lose.....As a team effort, it all turns into a thing of beauty.......

Let's just hope we hit GB hard and run them into the ground.
    They need a good A S S Whooping....And the Vikings right now are the ones to hand them a good one.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

;D

You two need to go take a cold shower together..... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast