Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Wilf's Words Might Have Sealed Vikings' Fate

Being from Jersey he should know better than to say something that can be taken out of context. He really would have been much better off answering any stadium questions with a comment like "There are more important things to focus on right now so I don't wish to comment".

There are politics involved in this process and he has a responsibility to know what to say and what not to say so his project doesn't get undermined.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

They are doing their part to help, but life has to go on at some point.
    -Sno

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Had Congress said, We're going to raise the sales taxes in the Twin Cities to repair bridges" before this tradgedy even happened, there would have been people bitching & complaining.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

This has to be one of the most idiotic articles I have ever read

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Had Congress said, We're going to raise the sales taxes in the Twin Cities to repair bridges" before this tradgedy even happened, there would have been people bitching & complaining.
    So is what you're saying is that the Vikes have to make the playoffs before the people of Minnesota will consider a stadium?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So is what you're saying is that the Vikes have to make the playoffs before the people of Minnesota will consider a stadium?
    Nope not at all. I'm saying people usually don't see a need for anything like bridge repai or a new stadium until a tradgedy occurrs or their is an immediate need.

The bridges should have been repaired before a tradgedy occurred & it's a totally seperate issue from the stadium.

Isn't money allocated every year for repair work on highways & bridges? That's where the funds should come from. However now it's going to cost them a lot more than if they had just repaired them in the first place.

If any good has come out of this, at least other states are taking a careful look at their bridges to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I would think a lot of the funds should also come from the Federal Government. This is still a disaster & should be aided just as they aid victims of earthquakes, floods, fire, hurricanes & tornadoes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Big C is offline Coordinator

Wow that reporter should be strung up by his balls for twisting wilf's quotes in to something that is so far from the truth. The only reason I know the truth is because I took the time look in this forum and find the whole picture. Journalism these days is a farce for the most part. Sigh...
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

There all you angry folks go. He made a response 10 hours later about how he was wrong.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Nope not at all. I'm saying people usually don't see a need for anything like bridge repai or a new stadium until a tradgedy occurrs or their is an immediate need.

The bridges should have been repaired before a tradgedy occurred & it's a totally seperate issue from the stadium.

Isn't money allocated every year for repair work on highways & bridges? That's where the funds should come from. However now it's going to cost them a lot more than if they had just repaired them in the first place.

If any good has come out of this, at least other states are taking a careful look at their bridges to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I would think a lot of the funds should also come from the Federal Government. This is still a disaster & should be aided just as they aid victims of earthquakes, floods, fire, hurricanes & tornadoes.
    I agree with this to a large extent, but then again people for the most part are really in the dark about the condition of infrastructure and rely on the local,state and government agencies to make the call on when repairs need to be made.

Unless the potholes get big enough to damage their cars, the toilet doesn't flush or the lights go out most people think everything is fine. If there is something that could potentially lead to an event like this, the citizens will certainly step up to the plate to fix it, but they need the information presented in clear,non political terms and they will support it. The problem usually comes from either a person using politics or self interest in their position or promotion altering or distorting the facts to try to make it to their advantage at the expense of the truth.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

There all you angry folks go. He made a response 10 hours later about how he was wrong.

I've always have and still do, enjoy follow the latest of news and reports of going on's in the NFL, via the Profootballtalk site.

I can see how easily that interview with Wilf could be so easily taken as almost heartless, that is if you read the AP artical first.

I'm glad to say, I figured this much to begin with, that his words where just those that the AP wanted to print.
    Wilf is and always has been a class act.....Except for the way he let Tice go.....Not that he shouldn't have let Tice go, he should have and did. But I would have done it the next morning, not right after the game......But thats another long and dead topic.

I also would like to say, I think it shows great charictor that he donated all the proceeds from yesterdays scrimmage....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast