Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    QB- I don't think we will do much at QB in terms of FA, I guess its a real possiblity but what I see is Jackson starting next season with Booty right behind him as the #2 QB. The time Booty has spent in the system and with ability to be ready I think he'll definitly take the reins as the #2. Childress has often said he would like to draft a QB in every offseason, I expect nothing less.

RB- Our situation here is very solid, Hicks is an underated back and a very good return man. Although I wouldn't hesitate on a great value in the draft.

FB- Tahi gets alot of flack really for no reason, people don't understand that those very short routes are often dump off outlets, I think he has the ability to make some plays in the future, he's continued to grow and get better and was a huge factor in the 67 Yarder against the Giants. He's physical, strong and continues to improve.

TE- Shancoe is a beast bottom line, Dugan can be a reliable target and might take over Jimmy's duties if he does not return. Jimmy has had one of his better season's as a pro this year we could see him back. Jermain Wiggins is a great distance in the mirror as he does not fit our offense, we need multi dimensional TE's with the ability to block. Wiggins downside was his inability to do this and his age.

OL- Bryant Mckinnie had a Pro Bowl season this year along with Hutchison. Herrera has struggled at times as has Cook but i certainly expect both to be back next season. Cook is an inconsistent player but shows the capability to get it done, he could be one of those guys that takes a little longer to develop, ALA EJ Henderson. I wouldn't mind seeing Birk return for another year but I wouldn't mind a fresh attitude either. There's a big decision to be made considering Birk had a solid season, far better than last year. I think there is a good chance we could move to replace Cook but it would have to take place through FA. The question is, Is there anyone out there we covet?

WR- Berrian has proven to be very solid and reliable, he had a very good season did not drop many footballs, this was my biggest concern, he's gotten better every season he's played. Rice has been a disappointment but still has a bright future, Wade is just solid and Allison needs to continue to work hard. Guys like Jaymar Johnson(Future Punt Returner) and Darius Reynaud will be ready to compete in the offseason. TJ Houshminsada is one guy I would consider but the FA money could be more than we are willing to pay due to current talent we already have.

DL- We don't need a ton of work here, things are solid even without Pat Williams, the bigger
    recent problem has been tackling. I really hope Udeze can return to form quickly but I'm not putting money on it, he could beat Ray Edwards out at the run stuffing DE position, if he regains form we could have a nasty run defense next season. Udeze's best performance was his last before going down with the illness. Brian Robison has been a big disappoinment in the run game but tremendous pass rush specailist with a good work ethic. Jimmy Kennedy is guy that intriging, Fred Evans is a solid and Letroy Guion is also very talented.

LB's- I really like this unit but the first guy thats go to go is David Herron. His mistakes on specail teams are unberable. With Farwell returning, and the emergence of Erin Henderson I see no reason for dead weight. Erin is a guy I really like, it still amazes me he was not drafted, I really like the way he performed early this season. I like his tackling ability, instincts and playmaking capability. We very well could be seeing Lebers future replacement. Napo is as good as gone IMO, a solid player but not a real force. Drafting a LB could be a solid addition.

DB's- Gordon was a big loss to the team when he went down, had some of the best coverage out of any of the CB's during his playing time. He should be back as will most of the other guys. Sharper will definitly be gone. Eric Frampton is a solid specail teams player and so is the rookie Hussanh a guy I want to see more out of on Defense. I think drafting a Safety would be a good idea. Tyrell Johnson and Madeu Williams will be our Saftey tandem.

K- Very solid here, but Longwell is getting long in the tooth, would be nice to get a future kicker lined up. Kluwe is tied up for along time.

Overall when I look at our roster I don't see great weekness's and holes, I think the FA period could be quiet but we will always move on players we "covet". Same can be said for the draft, we're to point with our roster in Childress's 4th year where drafting the BPA will in turn be the best idea. Regardless of position we will stick to plan and draft who we think has great futures in the NFL. One thing I certainly wouldn't avoid is moving up to get a player we covet that fills a need, those are big time picks.
    At WR i would like to see us bring in Mavin Harrison. I know many people beleive he has lost a step. However, he would still be better than Wade or Rice and can be have cheaply. He is a quality guy( minus the gun charge) an can help our Corps with route running. He should be had cheaply and will add another dimenstion to our passing game. By the time he is ready to hang it up, the "superstar" Rice will have emerged and will be ready to take the # 2 spot.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

"C" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    McNabb-cant believe so many thing TJ is ready to be a full time NFL starter
    He is.

I say we go for Haynesworth, only because Pat is getting old.

Pick up a free agent FS and CB.

Pick up Mike Shannahan too.
    I would love to see Haynesworth, Pat will only be here 2 more years, plus would give us a great DT rotation.

Resign Sharper to 3 years, as well as Gorden.

Just say no to Shannahan.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    At WR i would like to see us bring in Mavin Harrison. I know many people beleive he has lost a step. However, he would still be better than Wade or Rice and can be have cheaply. He is a quality guy( minus the gun charge) an can help our Corps with route running. He should be had cheaply and will add another dimenstion to our passing game. By the time he is ready to hang it up, the "superstar" Rice will have emerged and will be ready to take the # 2 spot.
    I've often thought of bringing in a WR but to bring in an old man is uncharacteristic of our orginization. Yeah he's a fine route runner but he's also someone who wouldn't want to spread his secrets to players who could take over his job. I definitly don't see him in a Viking uniform.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    I would love to see Haynesworth, Pat will only be here 2 more years, plus would give us a great DT rotation.

Resign Sharper to 3 years, as well as Gorden.

Just say no to Shannahan.
    Was that a Joke?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567