Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

"UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I would like to have a very physically punishing linebacker on this team.
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.
    With Greenway Leber and Ej back I think MLB is the least of our worries

all three are beasts
    I'm thinking young backup, and we do have Farwell I guess.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    C, S, Depth at MLB,
    I like tyrell as a replacement for sharper down the road if we resign sharper....and I think once we get EJ back next year I think we should really hold on to Napo!!!

you gotta think we get farwell back next year as well!
    OK, move STJ into Sharpers role as a starter.
    I am fine with that, however, you now have a hole at backup to he and M-will after Sharp leaves....

Again, need a S.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.

all three are beasts
    I think we should try to resign Napo....get rid of dontarius, keep farwell, circue, Erin henderson

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.

all three are beasts
    I think we should try to resign Napo....get rid of dontarius, keep farwell, circue, Erin henderson
    Sounds good. Strike LB off my list.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.

all three are beasts
    Sounds good. Strike LB off my list.
    Who's your MLB if EJ goes down again?

Although ( I do give Leslie credit for this) the staff has done an admirable job plugging in Napo, what do we do if Chad or Ben get dinged?

None of those cats have stepped up my friend.
    Better add LB back on your list.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' owners have provided steady hand, deep pockets[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

Posted: 12/30/2008 12:01:00 AM CST

As they passed out the gray NFC North championship hats Sunday evening, Vikings executives and players, to a man, mentioned their owners.......
    Thank you.

Usually when people say "I read an article" they actually link said article.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    C, S, Depth at MLB,
    Apparently Marr still thinks were rock solid on the right side of the o-line & are loaded at o-line depth.

I disagree with that. We need a solid/proven vet in there.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    C, S, Depth at MLB,
    Apparently Marr still thinks were rock solid on the right side of the o-line & are loaded at o-line depth.

I disagree with that. We need a solid/proven vet in there.
    Nope, we need help on the OL.
    Until someone comes up with something solid, I believe we are gonna have CAP issues.

Fix the C position (correct line calls) and you will correct 75% of our OL problems, including what our RT does in the blocking scheme.
    Get a new OL coach and that will correct 24% of the other stuff.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Other than a QB, I still argue that we need a good wide receiver who can stretch the field. Think about it, if we cab have two wide receivers that are good, that take pressure off the offensive line because they can't continue to stack the box so much.
    While I agree that Cook has not been the best, maybe that would take some pressure of him.
    Lastly, we need to look at the QB spot. Is TJ gonna be able to be the guy? I have no faith whatsoever in small hands Booty. But Gus is gone I believe. Will we look to McNabb? That's been rumored for two years. Does he want to play for his mentor Brad?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Other than a QB, I still argue that we need a good wide receiver who can stretch the field. Think about it, if we cab have two wide receivers that are good, that take pressure off the offensive line because they can't continue to stack the box so much.
    While I agree that Cook has not been the best, maybe that would take some pressure of him.
    Lastly, we need to look at the QB spot. Is TJ gonna be able to be the guy? I have no faith whatsoever in small hands Booty. But Gus is gone I believe. Will we look to McNabb? That's been rumored for two years. Does he want to play for his mentor Brad?
    Good point on the WR Cojo.
    I guess my analysis on that position is that we already have alot of young prospects.
    AA and El Syd (IMHO) should be solid next year based on the "3 years to develop" perception.

Kindof think El Syd would have been alot better this year if it wasn't for that damn MCL.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast