Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

Today I read an article in the pioneer press about how Zygi has shelled out alot of money and it really payed off for the vikings....all the big names we acquired in the offseason have had a pretty big effect.

There was a quote that basically said wilf would shell out more cash if the coaches and staff really thought we needed someone else to help us next year.

My question to everyone is who do you think we need?

My picks:

Right Tackle: Hicks is our best choice but we need to address Ryan Cook....I think we can get a good player through the draft?!

Wide Receiver:
    It would be really nice to get another big name receiver on our team or someone that will come in and instantly make a difference on our team....possible someone like housh? I am not really sure of many others that are going to be free agents...

I love sidney but we never throw to him!

Fullback:
    I dont like Tahi just my opinion and I hate his two yard out routes!

I would like to upgrade here! too bad tapeh didnt work out

Corner:
    Get rid of Sapp....I hope we get gordan back but with winfield getting older we may need to address teh future with picking up a good corner out of free agency

D Tackle: Maybe addressing this in the draft to replace Pat in the future....I think this is the least of our concerns

Other than that I think we have great younger talent at position and I think Tjacks will continue his success which will solve our QB position (there are so many threads debating Tjacks so debate other players)

Offer up Thoughts?!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

C, S, Depth at MLB,
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Wilf's willing to shell out more cash for needed player....What do we need?!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    C, S, Depth at MLB,
    I like tyrell as a replacement for sharper down the road if we resign sharper....and I think once we get EJ back next year I think we should really hold on to Napo!!!

you gotta think we get farwell back next year as well!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' owners have provided steady hand, deep pockets[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

Posted: 12/30/2008 12:01:00 AM CST

As they passed out the gray NFC North championship hats Sunday evening, Vikings executives and players, to a man, mentioned their owners.......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SIUviking is offline Starter

We need another elite OT and that could come from FA as most will likely be gone by our pick in the draft. There are really no number 1 receivers available and none in the draft so I don't think we have much of a choice there or maybe there is a trade we could make for some picks.

Other than that we need a FB which is usually cheap, and depth in the secondary.

We are in great position here. When EJ comes back our only glaring need will be a OT. Sullivan has gotten high marks at C, Johnson played well at S and Berrian stepped his games up at WR. We have the best RB in football so lets give him some help.

You must remember though that you never know when the injury bug may bite.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I would like to have a very physically punishing linebacker on this team.
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.
    I miss watching EJ fly around.

We need a RT sooooo bad...look at me, back on the beef up the O Line train.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.
    With Greenway Leber and Ej back I think MLB is the least of our worries

all three are beasts

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"SIUviking" wrote:
    We need another elite OT and that could come from FA as most will likely be gone by our pick in the draft. There are really no number 1 receivers available and none in the draft so I don't think we have much of a choice there or maybe there is a trade we could make for some picks.

Other than that we need a FB which is usually cheap, and depth in the secondary.

We are in great position here. When EJ comes back our only glaring need will be a OT. Sullivan has gotten high marks at C, Johnson played well at S and Berrian stepped his games up at WR. We have the best RB in football so lets give him some help.

You must remember though that you never know when the injury bug may bite.
    T.O. might be available, any takers?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Also/or
    RT, CB, DT, QB ,FB.
    With Greenway Leber and Ej back I think MLB is the least of our worries

all three are beasts
    Problem is two of them are our starting OLB's.
    If you put one of them in as a MLB when/if EJ goes down who takes thier spot.

EJ's brother Erin was listed as a MLB by most scouting sites in last years draft.
    My guess is he was brought in to give us depth at that position.
    Problem is, he isn't ready or hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to fullfill that role.

Again, we need depth at MLB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast