Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
Except that frazier reports directly to Wilf and is not accountable to Spielman so how Wilf could hold that authority yet have no say or input is impossible.

From the exact article you posted:

"Ownership will make that determination on the head coach," Frazier said. "I know I will still work very closely with Leslie on all our decisions going forward. But I know now that I will be held accountable for all those decisions."
Asked to clarify whether there was some question about Frazier's future, Spielman said, "No. There’s no question. Leslie is our head football coach going into next year. In Leslie, I have the utmost confidence in him leading us to where we need to go."
Like most GMs, Spielman would have to get clearance from ownership when it comes to firing and hiring coaches.
Spielman is able to hire & fire coaches although he needs to have the consent of ownership, which like your same quote states is typical of most GM's. Of the teams that have an owner, how many GM's do you know that have complete & authoritative power?

Like most GMs, Spielman would have to get clearance from ownership when it comes to firing and hiring coaches.