Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    All you people that are saying you want the vikes to leave, screw Minnesota, blah blah blah, shame on you.
    Why shame on us!?!?! This city, state and legislature has been playing silly games with this franchise for ten years. When can we get frustrated and say to those people go screw yourself and hope tht this great franchise goes somewhere where they are appreciated? I am not disrepsecting the franchise, I am actually saying I am tired of the people of Minnesota pissing on this team and nothing is done about it. If you don't love something let it go, let this franchise go where it will be loved and supported, if you don't like that idea, maybe shame on you!!!
    The truth.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Why shame on us!?!?! This city, state and legislature has been playing silly games with this franchise for ten years. When can we get frustrated and say to those people go screw yourself and hope tht this great franchise goes somewhere where they are appreciated? I am not disrepsecting the franchise, I am actually saying I am tired of the people of Minnesota pissing on this team and nothing is done about it. If you don't love something let it go, let this franchise go where it will be loved and supported, if you don't like that idea, maybe shame on you!!!
    10 years ago the Vikings had 10 years left on their lease, and an owner that gladly gutted the team to make a buck before selling, I'm glad we didn't cave to McComb's demands. In more recent years we were in a recession with multi-billion dollar deficits and cuts in everything from education to police. No state in the country could have passed a stadium bill in that environment.
    Now is the right time, and I'm confident they will get it done.
    Minnesota has always supported the Vikings, even though they have consistently disappointed us both on and off the field.
    I hope when Minnesota does work out a deal all those saying they hope they move go find another team to root for, because clearly you are not Minnesota Vikings fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I hope when Minnesota does work out a deal all those saying they hope they move go find another team to root for, because clearly you are not Minnesota Vikings fans.
    I'm a fan of the team, but the people of Minnesota seem out of touch with reality and have no respect for their football team. They prove this time and time again by electing question politicians and supporting bone-head legislation.

I'm supporting the Vikings to move to a place that respects them. That's all. I'm a Vikings fan.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm a fan of the team, but the people of Minnesota seem out of touch with reality and have no respect for their football team. They prove this time and time again by electing question politicians and supporting bone-head legislation.

I'm supporting the Vikings to move to a place that respects them. That's all. I'm a Vikings fan.
    I get the understanding you are not from Minnesota? And ya know I highly doubt anyone here in Minnesota gives a rats ass on how you feel about Minnesota politics. But dont tell us Vikings fans that we have no respect for our football team.

You seem like an intelligent fella and I would like to think your disclaimer is false. Then you go out and post something like that.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

They would not be moving to a place that respects them, they would be moving to a larger market where they would not need to be subsidized by the taxpayer.
    All the LA proposals are based on no public money. I really doubt California is going to respect them enough to fork over 1/2 billion like Minnesota is.

The stadium will be half empty in LA unless the team is elite, LA has the worst sports fans of any city. But they do have a huge TV market.
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 04-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I get the understanding you are not from Minnesota? And ya know I highly doubt anyone here in Minnesota gives a rats ass on how you feel about Minnesota politics. But dont tell us Vikings fans that we have no respect for our football team.

You seem like an intelligent fella and I would like to think your disclaimer is false. Then you go out and post something like that.
    I grew up in Minnesota but haven't been there in a few years.

Quick question, were you one of the 50 people that showed up at the state capital to show support for the Vikings?

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    10 years ago the Vikings had 10 years left on their lease, and an owner that gladly gutted the team to make a buck before selling, I'm glad we didn't cave to McComb's demands. In more recent years we were in a recession with multi-billion dollar deficits and cuts in everything from education to police. No state in the country could have passed a stadium bill in that environment.
    Now is the right time, and I'm confident they will get it done.
    Minnesota has always supported the Vikings, even though they have consistently disappointed us both on and off the field.
    Apparently you can't read!! I said I am a Vikings fan not a fan of the Minnesota people or their legislature, there is a difference. And who is the fan now, because they disappointed you on the field you don't want to give them a stadium, hmmmmmmm?!?!? Your support ends right when the wallet needs to come out, how convenient!!

And no, the time to build a stadium was seven years ago, look at the cost back then!!!!!!!!! They were talking about a stadium being built for 675 million. So I hope when and if it does get built people like you will take no credit. Because your support for those idiots in the legislature made this process the roller coaster ride that this has become!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

They would not be moving to a place that respects them, they would be moving to a larger market where they would not need to be subsidized by the taxpayer.
    All the LA proposals are based on no public money. I really doubt California is going to respect them enough to fork over 1/2 billion like Minnesota is.

The stadium will be half empty in LA unless the team is elite, LA has the worst sports fans of any city. But they do have a huge TV market.
    I actually agree with most of your post, except the fact that Miami has the worst sports fan of any city.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I grew up in Minnesota but haven't been there in a few years.

Quick question, were you one of the 50 people that showed up at the state capital to show support for the Vikings?
    If only money grew on trees. I live in Duluth and work 7:30 to 4:00 and I am out of vacation time at the moment. So my answer is no. If I lived in the cities I would have called in sick and been there in a New York second. Simple economics my friend.

I am assuming you asked me that question because you are trying to hint that I am not a fan and don't respect the Vikings for not showing up? If not, then why on earth would you ask me that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234