Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Why is it that fans in MN can fill the Dome with 60,000 fans on any given Sunday but I don't see any movement to mount a public protest. If you put 60,000 people in front of the legislature chanting we want a stadium now I suspect you would get one.
    I agree.

In addition my questions are:

1) what are the government spending limits in Arden Hills?

2) Who on the committee is up for reelection?

3) More than 10 Mil?...........put it to a vote of the people, vote yes and move on or STFU. With 20 previous instances of spending over the limit.....why stop now? Was there a referendum for the Target Center? Remind me......

I'm one of those people who should be down at the capitol chanting...

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    The transcript of an interesting portion of the discussion that pertains to the charter:

Council President Johnson's testimony before House Government Operations Committee: Minneapolis Issues Forum: E-Democracy.org

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Los Angeles specter looms over Vikings

Los Angeles specter looms over Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikings to L.A.? Minnesota stadium situation gets serious

NFL.com news: Vikings to L.A.? Minnesota stadium situation gets serious

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    All you people that are saying you want the vikes to leave, screw Minnesota, blah blah blah, shame on you.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Ah, no. The "Zero chance" of our Vikings moving was clarified today.

The Commish and Mr. Rooney did us a favor today. The NFL, the Wilfs, PP.O, etc., etc., etc., do not want the Vikings to move. However, if the Government Officials don't get this done now, they will be gone...that is a lock.
    You really think California will put up millions of dollars for a stadium? They're in even worse financial shape than Minnesota. They may move, but I have a hard time seeing any state funding a stadium in a middle of a depression. I have an even harder time seeing Wilf giving up 15% ownership for the private proposal they have in LA.

We have a bit of a Mexican standoff here...The NFL does not have near the leverage that they are fronting IMO.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    You really think California will put up millions of dollars for a stadium? They're in even worse financial shape than Minnesota. They may move, but I have a hard time seeing any state funding a stadium in a middle of a depression. I have an even harder time seeing Wilf giving up 15% ownership for the private proposal they have in LA.
    It's not important whether or not California will put up the millions of dollars for a stadium.

What's important is making the Minnesota legislatures believe they will.

Thanx Roger!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

We have a bit of a Mexican standoff here...The NFL does not have near the leverage that they are fronting IMO.
    A) I didn't say that, nor do I assume that the state of California will do anything. The Wilfs already have significant money on the table, subsidizing their investment in that market would be and is, extremely feasible, and, B) regardless of scenario, the threat is very real. As I said, this visit was a favor to the tradition of the MINNESOTA Vikings. I certainly don't remember Baltimore receiving this visit, or Cleveland, or St Louis, or, Oakland, or LA...

The Legislature was educated about how real this is...or, do you think they were making up their quotes after the meeting was over?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    There is already a 1 1/2 billion dollar deal on the table to build a new stadium in LA from a private investor. He would also like to buy the team as well. Actually there are two proposals in LA for stadiums. Wilf has his choice really. Approved and ready to go. Done deal.

San Antonio TX will probably make an offer for the Vikes as well if it comes to that.
    Last edited by RK.; 04-21-2012 at 09:29 AM.

WWBGD

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Depression? Are you posting from the 1930's? FYI, a depression is characterized by (1) a decline in real GDP exceeding 10%, or (2) a recession lasting 2 or more years. A recession is defined by two down consecutive quarters of GDP. I believe that California might be in a recession, but the country no longer is (at least not currently).

Anyway, believing that the Vikings have no where to go is a losing proposition. At best you continue to alienate an owner who has been very patient. At worse you find out how wrong you are about the chances of them moving.

I hope it doesn't take the Vikings moving to get some people to open their eyes... but I fear it may come to that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast