Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilfs looking in LA

"macguitarman" wrote:
    I live in LA, (6 years in Califonia) by way of New England. Huge Vikings fan.

I've posted a thread abput this months back, laughed at.

Well, well, well.

Here's the bottom line: The State of Minnesota MUST pass the new Vikings Stadium complex. Until that is an official done deal, and LA wants an NFL team and LA is an over ripe market for one, Wilf will explore this to the Nth degree. It does more than merely "threaten" that the Vikes will leave for LA, Wilf could do it in heartbeat, See ya, LA here we come.

Wilf is rich and smart businessman, he will not let his new Viking investment be hamstrung by Minn. politicians, when LA is ripe for an NFL team.

I have seen this since the ridiculous days of that "Wrestler" governor you had, and he said, Schools were more important than a new Vikings Stadium, and here it is years later: Twins are getting one, Gophers are getting one. More politics as usual.

Vikings Stadium: Next year, always next year.

Bottom line: State of Minn legislators (and state of Minn citizens) get the beautiful new Vikes Complex passed in 2007 Or:

it will be Los Angeles Vikings, period. Wilf will not take No New Stadium (in Anoka, where he wants it) as an Answer.

Very simple: there Will be a New Vikings Complex bill passed next year period, or it will be the LA Vikings. Don't fool yourselves, a new stadium bill passes in 2007 or Wilf takers the team to LA, there is no other option there.

And as Viking fan living in LA, I am not going to lie to you, I would love it.

Now if you want to keep the Vikings in Minnesota, I would guess you all have some work to do.

LA didn't support the teams they had and that is why the Rams moved and why the Raiders went back to Oakland. The city wouldn't build those teams a new stadium and the Colosseum sucks, so unless LA ponies up for a new 3/4 of a billion dollar stadium I don't see a team going there either.

Plus the owners might save that market for expansion and get the 3/4 of a billion franchise fee instead of a 250 million dollar moving fee. And the NFL hasn't missed the LA market at all, the popularity of the NFL is at an all time high! So stick it you LA fans, because you are not getting the Vikings! EVER!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Agree, you already got the Purple and Gold from us (da Lakers)....

This P&G needs to stay put. Let the stadium be built. Man I hate politicians, legislators etc. ......just a bunch of red tape carpet riders.
    Home Sweet Dome...

Where in the article did it say he was looking for land for a stadium site in LA? Could it be possible he wants to continue to do what made him money in the first place? There is a lot of money in that area to be made that might not include building a football stadium. Plus, the NFL has already desinated spots for where the team will be playing once they do land a team. People are frightend over nothing.

One more thing about the new stadium. If you are worried the team will leave AND you live in this state of Minnesota, the best thing you can do if bother your elected officals about this issue. Soccer moms do this all the time, the elderly do this all the time. If the vikings staying in MN is important to you...e-mail, call, write snail mail, or anything else. I do e-mail the elected officals in the area of mankato with my concern that the vikings need a new stadium and the state needs to contribute. Dont sit back and complain and not do anything about it. It was not norm greens fault entirely for the North Stars leaving, it will not be the ownerships fault for the vikings leaving. If you want the team to stay do something about it.
    You republican whore!

Its no big deal, Im sure the team isnt going anywhere. theres no way they would be stupid enough to move the team because so many tickets get sold in MIN

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I think you all are being a little paranoid for no good reason.

First, someone here said that Wilf offered $1 billion of his own money. This is, at best, misleading. Most of that money was earmarked for the development of an office/retail complex that Wilf would own, control, and profit from. Wilf's contribution towards a stadium might have been 1/4th of that....and at that, there's nothing that said Wilf wouldn't have raised a lot of that money through PSLs (personal seat licenses), increased ticket prices, higher parking and concessions revenue, and stadium naming rights.

Second, why do you think there isn't a stadium deal already in the works in LA when the league wants to put a team there so badly? Because the taxpayers don't want to pay for it, just like the taxpayers in Minnesota are loathe to have their taxes increased to pay for stadiums. In addition, I'd venture to guess that Mr. Wilf would find the real estate/land prices much costlier in LA than they are in Minnesota. Couple that with the lackluster fan support in LA that caused them to lose both the Rams and the Raiders, and Wilf's desire to relocate to LA might be somewhat tempered.

Third, if a league franchise were to relocate to LA, the Chargers are the logical choice. They too are complaining of inadequate revenues and the city of San Diego has already told them that they will not be able to contribute anything to a new stadium except possibly the land itself. From an existing fanbase perspective, keeping the Chargers in Southern California makes a lot of sense.

Lastly, I firmly believe that something will get done in the 2007 Minnesota Legislative Session to address the Vikings needs for increased stadium revenues (most likely through a new stadium). Minneapolis is now pursuing keeping the Vikings near their present Metrodome location, and despite issues with the Army Corps of Engineers, the Anoka County site hasn't been ruled out completely.

I agree that Wilf's position may be stronger if he has potential suitors in other cities, but the Twin Cities will come through when they need to.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm not worried...It's all just hype and speculation. Plus, I really feel like they will get something passed next year for a stadium. They better anyways.

PackSux! is online now Hall of Famer

"macguitarman" wrote:
    I live in LA, (6 years in Califonia) by way of New England. Huge Vikings fan.

I've posted a thread abput this months back, laughed at.

Well, well, well.

Here's the bottom line: The State of Minnesota MUST pass the new Vikings Stadium complex. Until that is an official done deal, and LA wants an NFL team and LA is an over ripe market for one, Wilf will explore this to the Nth degree. It does more than merely "threaten" that the Vikes will leave for LA, Wilf could do it in heartbeat, See ya, LA here we come.

Wilf is rich and smart businessman, he will not let his new Viking investment be hamstrung by Minn. politicians, when LA is ripe for an NFL team.

I have seen this since the ridiculous days of that "Wrestler" governor you had, and he said, Schools were more important than a new Vikings Stadium, and here it is years later: Twins are getting one, Gophers are getting one. More politics as usual.

Vikings Stadium: Next year, always next year.

Bottom line: State of Minn legislators (and state of Minn citizens) get the beautiful new Vikes Complex passed in 2007 Or:

it will be Los Angeles Vikings, period. Wilf will not take No New Stadium (in Anoka, where he wants it) as an Answer.

Very simple: there Will be a New Vikings Complex bill passed next year period, or it will be the LA Vikings. Don't fool yourselves, a new stadium bill passes in 2007 or Wilf takers the team to LA, there is no other option there.

And as Viking fan living in LA, I am not going to lie to you, I would love it.

Now if you want to keep the Vikings in Minnesota, I would guess you all have some work to do.

For one as posted above the Vikings will be here till at least the year 2011 because of the contract they have. Second of all, you tell me one state that passed three stadium bills in one year( a election year none the less)?
    It was always known that the vikings would be on the back burner when it came to new stadiums. Now with the Twins and Gophers getting new stadiums the vikings have nobody to compete with this year. Chill out people, we will get our new stadium.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

I live in Delaware and am familiar with the Wilf's business acumen. This is a real concern, however, he truly wants to build this franchise as his mentor and friend, Wellington Mara, built the Giants. I think, ultimately, this will end up being a good thing, however, the folks of Minnesota seemingly refuse to see it this way.

Not sure how much .00007 cents per pack of cigarettes costs, but, pulease people. I've missed two games in 25+ years, come to one to three games in Minneapolis per year...ok, maybe I'm the geek.

Go Vikes!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567