Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68
  1. #11
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    I would think that Wilf's bargaining position would be greatly enhanced by having a definite alternative that he can point to. I'd like to think the the team would be moved only as a last resort. The ticket buying fan base in MN is known, whereas it's uncertain elsewhere. I would expect that this would be an incentive for Wilf to keep the team in MN. He is likely exploring his options to make it clear to the county and state governments that they should be offering him incentives to stay.

    This is business, afterall.
    True. Leverage would help him out. Sports are a strange business though, so many have emotional ties to it compared to other businesses.

    I tend to favor the 'doom and gloom' approach in this matter, but I hope I am wrong. The good thing is only seven days ago Wilf said that Blaine, MN "should be and will be the future home of the Vikings....“The most important issue is the cost of the stadium,” Wilf said. “It’s something we have to tackle.”...“Itâ⠬™s a moving target and that target is going up,” Wilf said.

    The land cost would be much higher in LA, but the material cost may not be. You guys are right that he is in the real estate business. But, he is a businessman.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    201

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    Looking at this thing from a distance (virginia), I would say that I wouldnt blame him for looking at other options. What developer wouldnt after offering 1 Billion of his own cash and getting told "ahh, no....let's wait".
    I think he is creating propaganda with this shopping in Calif. gig, but he aint gonna sit and wait for long.

  3. #13
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    Webby, where did you get the info. from? PP.O mafia?

  4. #14
    oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    374

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    Great... I finally "move" to Minnesota and now it seems like the team is going to move. :cry: :cry:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Webby, where did you get the info. from? PP.O mafia?
    :shock: We have a mafia? cool...

    Anyway, where did the info come from?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    I would think that Wilf's bargaining position would be greatly enhanced by having a definite alternative that he can point to. I'd like to think the the team would be moved only as a last resort. The ticket buying fan base in MN is known, whereas it's uncertain elsewhere. I would expect that this would be an incentive for Wilf to keep the team in MN. He is likely exploring his options to make it clear to the county and state governments that they should be offering him incentives to stay.

    This is business, afterall.
    True. Leverage would help him out. Sports are a strange business though, so many have emotional ties to it compared to other businesses.

    I tend to favor the 'doom and gloom' approach in this matter, but I hope I am wrong. The good thing is only seven days ago Wilf said that Blaine, MN "should be and will be the future home of the Vikings....“The most important issue is the cost of the stadium,” Wilf said. “It’s something we have to tackle.”...“Itâ⠬™s a moving target and that target is going up,” Wilf said.

    The land cost would be much higher in LA, but the material cost may not be. You guys are right that he is in the real estate business. But, he is a businessman.
    i believe that is most likely. a move to LA wouldnt be cool.

    but him looking there would scare MN into getting a deal set up quickly. i say this is most probable (i hope.. :???: )
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    While this does get my heart racing a lttle more, I am not going to raise the panic flag yet. I don't think Zygi will consider moving the team while progress is still being made in the legislature.

    Even though we didn't get the stadium this year, we still made more progress than anyone expected. I expect that trend to continue next session. If we ever start taking steps backward with the legislature... then I will start getting worried.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    ChiTownVike's Avatar
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    I HATE THIS TALK!!!!!!

    It would break my heart if the Vikings moved to Minnesota and became like the LA Sunglasses.



    Thank you Josdin for the sig

  9. #19
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    I HATE THIS TALK!!!!!!

    It would break my heart if the Vikings moved to Minnesota...
    Smoke on Bro! :lol:

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    121

    Re: Wilfs looking in LA

    I would seriously doubt that the franchise would move to L.A. I'm of the opinion that an expansion team would be a better idea for the NFL's profits. It'll stay in Minnesota.

    Seriously, we just got new uniforms. We can't move for at least, like 10 years, right? :wink:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wild, Wolves could learn from the Wilfs
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
  2. Wilfs are confident they have right coach
    By Billy Boy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. Wilfs have given Vikings permission to shop aggressively
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 03:54 PM
  4. Wilfs spread wealth to political groups
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 06:58 PM
  5. Wilfs are running first-class operation
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 04:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •