Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Wilfs looking in LA

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    I would think that Wilf's bargaining position would be greatly enhanced by having a definite alternative that he can point to. I'd like to think the the team would be moved only as a last resort. The ticket buying fan base in MN is known, whereas it's uncertain elsewhere. I would expect that this would be an incentive for Wilf to keep the team in MN. He is likely exploring his options to make it clear to the county and state governments that they should be offering him incentives to stay.

This is business, afterall.
    True. Leverage would help him out. Sports are a strange business though, so many have emotional ties to it compared to other businesses.

I tend to favor the 'doom and gloom' approach in this matter, but I hope I am wrong. The good thing is only seven days ago Wilf said that Blaine, MN "should be and will be the future home of the Vikings....“The most important issue is the cost of the stadium,” Wilf said. “It’s something we have to tackle.”...“Itâ⠬™s a moving target and that target is going up,” Wilf said.

The land cost would be much higher in LA, but the material cost may not be. You guys are right that he is in the real estate business. But, he is a businessman.

Looking at this thing from a distance (virginia), I would say that I wouldnt blame him for looking at other options. What developer wouldnt after offering 1 Billion of his own cash and getting told "ahh, no....let's wait".
    I think he is creating propaganda with this shopping in Calif. gig, but he aint gonna sit and wait for long.

Prophet Guest

Webby, where did you get the info. from? PP.O mafia?

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Great... I finally "move" to Minnesota and now it seems like the team is going to move. :cry: :cry:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    Webby, where did you get the info. from? PP.O mafia?
    :shock: We have a mafia? cool...

Anyway, where did the info come from?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    I would think that Wilf's bargaining position would be greatly enhanced by having a definite alternative that he can point to. I'd like to think the the team would be moved only as a last resort. The ticket buying fan base in MN is known, whereas it's uncertain elsewhere. I would expect that this would be an incentive for Wilf to keep the team in MN. He is likely exploring his options to make it clear to the county and state governments that they should be offering him incentives to stay.

This is business, afterall.
    True. Leverage would help him out. Sports are a strange business though, so many have emotional ties to it compared to other businesses.

I tend to favor the 'doom and gloom' approach in this matter, but I hope I am wrong. The good thing is only seven days ago Wilf said that Blaine, MN "should be and will be the future home of the Vikings....“The most important issue is the cost of the stadium,” Wilf said. “It’s something we have to tackle.”...“Itâ⠬™s a moving target and that target is going up,” Wilf said.

The land cost would be much higher in LA, but the material cost may not be. You guys are right that he is in the real estate business. But, he is a businessman.
    i believe that is most likely. a move to LA wouldnt be cool.

but him looking there would scare MN into getting a deal set up quickly. i say this is most probable (i hope.. :???: )
    i m better than you, so just give up...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

While this does get my heart racing a lttle more, I am not going to raise the panic flag yet. I don't think Zygi will consider moving the team while progress is still being made in the legislature.

Even though we didn't get the stadium this year, we still made more progress than anyone expected. I expect that trend to continue next session. If we ever start taking steps backward with the legislature... then I will start getting worried.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I HATE THIS TALK!!!!!!

It would break my heart if the Vikings moved to Minnesota and became like the LA Sunglasses.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Prophet Guest

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    I HATE THIS TALK!!!!!!

It would break my heart if the Vikings moved to Minnesota...
    Smoke on Bro! :lol:

I would seriously doubt that the franchise would move to L.A. I'm of the opinion that an expansion team would be a better idea for the NFL's profits. It'll stay in Minnesota.

Seriously, we just got new uniforms. We can't move for at least, like 10 years, right? :wink:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast