Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wilfi article from ESPN ...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "OldManVike" wrote:
    It's amazing to me why people consider coaches who were fired from one team to be a good replacement for their own head coach. If a guy loses his job, doesn't that mean that something was wrong with him? Why not look for someone that hasn't been a head coach yet, but shows potential? That makes more sense to me than just recycling losers.
    I'll bet that the Patriot fans are saying that right now about Belichick...last time I checked, he sucked really bad as the coach for the original Browns...God forbid that he ever got another chance...he would have surely screwed up that opportunity as well...oh wait, he won HOW MANY Super Bowls after the Browns fired him???

My only regret is that he did it for the jerkwad New England fans and not some other more deserving fans...like US for example!!!
    Sometimes a change of atmosphere for a coach can do wonders.

Some good coaches get fired sometimes do to players that give up.

About Fassell and Billick, aren't they both under contract, so I don't think they will be joining us in mid season. Tice will finish the season. I think they have already made up their minds to let him go. Two losses like this is just showing how unprepared him and his coaching staff are. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he had some more position coaches to give some responsibility too.

Del Rio Guest

I want a Mora kind of guy, animated, loud, something the team can feed off of. Not loafing ape man slugishly knuckle crawling up and down the sidelines, not and old man with a head set.

Throw a young buck in there that has fire in his eyes and let the team catch his eagerness to win at all cost.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I think we should steal Weis from the fighting Irish. I think he is going to be a good coach. What about Pete Carrol, he was mentioned way beack when as a possible coach for us.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

IAViking is offline Waterboy

IMO the most likly scenario is that the Vikings stick with Tice for at least few more games. If he continues tanking then he's gone, and Cottrel takes over for the rest of the season. Face it, we have a short coaching staff and really can't afford to lose any of them including Tice.

In the meantime Zygi will hopefully be scouting the ranks of the best available coorinators and college coach's that are ready to move on (Pete Carrol?). Then at the end of the season the new guy can come in and have time to put together a quality staff. The important thing is to be on top of the situation so that we can move on the best coach's as soon as they are available.

Del Rio Guest

I REALLY do not think Pete will ever want to go to the NFL again. He has it made where he is, and he is getting paid enough to be set. His team is young full of spirit and ALWAYS winning. I would love him as a coach but I think you would need to offer up something special to take him away from what he has going.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Definitely not Holmgren. He has to be the most over-rated coach, and he plays personal preference rather than talent too often. See Hasselbeck, although he's developed over the last couple seasons, he should not have been the starter as soon as he was, he was just promoted b/c he was Holmgren's guy.

Also, and coach who has Brett Favre, as much as I hate to say it, in his prime, along with a halfway decent defense is going to win at least one superbowl.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I think we should steal Weis from the fighting Irish. I think he is going to be a good coach. What about Pete Carrol, he was mentioned way beack when as a possible coach for us.
    Carrol was a coach for the Vikings, wasn't it inbetween his NFL head coaching job and USC???

Also, he didn't return last year when he was offered NFL head coaching JOBS.

We are all STUPID for not seeing the snowball effect of how paying Tice so little was going to play a part in our demise. How can you go out and get quality coaches (all levels) when the head coach is getting paid less than the good ones and the same as the OK ones?

I did see one article on this topic last year and I totally dismissed the idea, kind of a denial thing

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

IF, and that's a big IF, we get a coach in the middle of the year Jim Fassell would be a good candidate, IF he would want to coach us!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Did someone say we could get the Defensive cord. of the Bills as a head coach? gary or gray i take it.....Why not him? that would be amazing for this defense, and we could get a offensive c. and drop the inbred looking looney.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

hungryboy is offline Rookie

Down with Homer Tice and his inbred buddy Looney. Get Lienahan to be the coach nex year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast