Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    If its true, Wilf is a guy that can't make up his mind.. He just gave Leslie a 3-year deal..
    Means nothing. In 2009 they upped Childress' contract thru 2013.

On November 19, 2009, the Vikings announced they would be extending Brad Childress's contract through the 2013 season. The owner Zygi Wilf was cited as saying, “Brad has done a tremendous job leading this football team and we value the positive environment he has created for the Minnesota Vikings on and off the field, He has continued to positively impact this team and create a strong foundation for future success."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    could the NY Post be wrong

Source: Vikings did appproach Bill Parcells about job, but not recently

by Tom Pelissero
    1500ESPN.com

The conversation about Parcells taking over the Vikings' football operation may have happened after the tumultuous 2010 season in which coach Brad Childress was fired, or perhaps even during a 3-13 season in 2011 while the Wilfs were mulling the idea of restructuring the front office with Spielman as GM.
    The timing of Wednesday's revelation in the Post -- three months after Spielman's promotion to GM and in the middle of Parcells' reported negotiations to become the Saints' interim coach during Payton's one-year suspension -- makes this seem like nothing more than a leverage ploy.
    Besides, why would Parcells want to move to Minnesota and take over a rebuilding operation as his 71st birthday approaches, rather than taking a one-off shot to win a third title with the Super Bowl-ready Saints?

Yeah, the last time the Vikings claimed they weren't pursuing Favre.......we signed him.

KevinK is offline Starter
    Id rather not have "Grumpy Old Bastard" Parcells die during a game... just sayin

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    could the NY Post be wrong

Source: Vikings did appproach Bill Parcells about job, but not recently

by Tom Pelissero
    1500ESPN.com
    I am talking about right now, this year in my post.

Well the Vikings need to get their denials straight again this year.

First they're denying they ever talked to him about the HC job. Then they come back & say well they did, but not this year.

Never know what to believe.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Norseman

They are still talking about it ............... I would love to see Parcells take over the whole shooting match .......... the guy's a winner ............. and would bring some much needed toughness to this organization ...........

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Means nothing. In 2009 they upped Childress' contract thru 2013.
    I think they were pretty similar with Tice too. They gave him a vote of confidence and then fired him as he walked up the tunnel after the last game.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    If its true, Wilf is a guy that can't make up his mind.. He just gave Leslie a 3-year deal..
    It doesn't take a genius to realize that the Vikings aren't going anywhere productive very fast....maybe Wilf finally looked beyond the "New Toy" aspect and figured it out?

...or he's been reading my posts again...

Either way, while Tuna would be a big upgrade, I doubt he'll do it. Zygi's best bet would have been to try to hire him as President of Football Operations, allow him to fire Spielman and bring in a real GM, and lay the foundation down.

Of course, that would mean FIRING MARK WILF.....another thing I've advocated.

But that would free the Wilfs up to do what they should have been doing all along....working on the Stadium issue, and glad-handing Fans. Leave the football end of things to football people.

Caine

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Parcells had to clean-up after Spielman in Miami too.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast